EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Crossville - 9/6/2013 to 9/8/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Nathan and Byrd,

What a great rally. Thank you for your service to the club. We really appreciate it.

We had a great time at the pre-rally and rally. Saw a lot of our old friends and made many new ones.

See everyone down the road!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Jim :). And how can we not Thank you, Nancy, Howard and Cathy enough for opening up your homes for viewing. Everyone had great things to say about how wonderful the homes are. Also A BIG THANKS to The Gardens RV Village for sponsoring the luncheon Friday.

Many thanks to Nathan ,Byrd Nancy and Jim it was our first but wont be our last rally looking forward to seeing you all down the road we had a great time.Jim and Nancy don't forget about that road trip. Joel and Toni

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Nathan and Byrd.
It was a great rally. Thanks for all your hard work and for letting us North Carolina folks join in. We ran down the road with Mr.and Mrs. N.C. Chapter leaders Lance and Kem Duguay. We stopped for lunch and guess who we ran into. Jim and Nancy Beletti. It was great to see them again. Made it home safely. Thanks again.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Sounds like you had a great time at the rally. Tom you need to update your map, I know you have been in Nebraska and South Dakota...Just wanted to say hello. I have not been on the forum in a long time.

happykraut

Thank you Byrd and Nathan for putting on a great rally. Lets not forget Jim and Nancy and Howard and Cathy for opening their homes for us to view. Thank you.

happykraut

Byrd, Elsie and I had to cancel our reservations tonight. Elsie's mother has cancer and is not expected to live through the weekend and they have call the family in. She lives in Philadelphia, Pa and we are headed that way. We paid for tickets for the Playhouse, if you find someone that wants to go and didn't sign up, give them the tickets (free no charge). Will miss being at the Rally. Maybe we can make the next one.
Thank you Elsie and Craig for the Playhouse ticket. I took the last one and appreciated it. So sorry to hear about your mom.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Thanks all for the great time had by all! We truly appreciate all the hard work that it takes to put a rally together! Looking forward to the next one. So good to be here in the South...rallies start early and end later.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Byrd & Nathan -- Just want to add our thanks for a great rally and all the hard work you two put into it. Everything was wonderful. We really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting many new ones too. The campground was very nice and Leroy was very accommodating. Hopefully we will be able to make it again next year. Thanks also to Nancy and Jim and Kathy and Howard for opening their homes to us. Until next time, rally on!

Rodbuster

Byrd and Nathan....I didn't forget, just all kinds of things to do when we got home on Tuesday.

Thank you both very, very much for all the work and planning you put in to make this such a fun rally. Activities, food, friends, weather, etc.etc., everything was perfect. Byrd, you most certainly have "all your ducks in a row".

I felt bad that my back wasn't up to giving Nathan a run for his money on the golf course but I will be looking forward to it next time. I had a match scheduled for yesterday that I had to cancel because I'm not quite there yet....but getting better.

Byrd, we thank you again for setting up that appointment at RV For Less. We got there at 9:30 on Monday and we were on our way home before noontime. Kenny did the axle allignment and found the front axle "out" 1/4 inch. He told me that it was pretty common to find that...even on a new coach like ours.
He also found that the coach battery was not charging due to a blown fuse in my truck. Replaced the fuse and all is OK. Glad that he found the problem and that he let me know.
We had the opportunity to meet Karen (the owner) and I thanked her very much for her help and generosity for the rally. Karen spoke very well of you Byrd and even mentioned that guy that you hang around with.
We had a very pleasant experience at RV for Less.

Thanks again Nathan and Byrd
Dick and Fran

Nabo

Glad we could help ya'll out with RVS for Less, Dick and that they help find something that could have been not too good down the road.

NEWS Flash - if you would like to see pictures of the TN/KY Rally, go to the Gallery area under the Tools tab (top of page), look on the left side under "+rally". There you will find the TN-KY Rally label having 80 pictures posted. The Rally would like to thank Dave Yocum and Kelly Barnett for taking these great pictures.

Nabo

Well - just heard that one of the rally folks took their camper to a Knoxville dealership for some repair work and came home with a 2014 Landmark Key Largo. Congratulations blacklabbob :)

Nabo

Received a Thank You letter from the Avalon Center. Please take a few minutes to read it, especially the part about the reactions of those in the safe houses receiving all the donations. Heartlanders are true to the name in that you'll give Straight from the Heart. Thank you everyone.
View attachment Avalon Center Thank You ltr.pdf

jbeletti

Nice Byrd and great choice of who to assist. Thank you to all Heartlanders who were able to contribute during the TN rally. The week afterwards, many of us got to contribute food to a local organization in need in PA and this week we're collecting animal food and supplies for a wild animal rescue organization. In the last few years, Heartlanders have really shown their hearts by helping children, adults, animals, parks and more. This "human-touch" aspect of the club is very heart-warming to me. Thank you Heartlanders!

jimtoo

Is there any way to come up with an approximate dollar value that Heartlanders have contributed to all the different organizations through donations and such at the rallies in the last 3-4 years? Just might be something to promote on the forum.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.