EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Crossville - 9/6/2013 to 9/8/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Byrd, add the MS Coopers to your rally list. Not sure where we will be about that time, but we will make it a mission to be at your rally.

Hogan and Donna Cooper

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Would love to have y'all. Just let us know your campsite number once y'all get register.

Nabo

I'm having camping withdrawals :(. The Grey Ghost is in AL so hooking up for a quick trip is out of the question - boo hoo. We ran over to Townsend to see some friends who were camping in their new Sundance (beautiful coach) and I was jealous. Wish we were there too. Hurry up spring.
B--

wildwolfproducts

Thinking about hooking up and heading south for Christmas. Let the kids and grand kids open there gifts the day before. Then hook up and head out for a week. Beats staying home.
Pete

Nabo

Just heard from Ed & Barbara Rauch who have registered and coming to the Rally. Glad to have ya'll.

happykraut

Who from this rally is traveling onto the PA Rally and/or Hershey show? I know Michael and Kelly are.

Just looking for a suggestion on where to stay for an overnight. Mapping shows the Roanoke, VA area to be about the halfway point to Pine Grove, PA.

Jim

We are leaving from there to go to Pine Grove, but can't advise you where to over-nite. Might go strait through depending how many munzee stops we make.

Nabo

I know Jim & Nancy and Dave Bennington/Julie Hancock are and I think Eric & Dorothy will be running right behind them. Maybe some of the other's will chime in.

jbeletti

Nancy and I were picking Emme up from the groomers today and realized we were only a mile or so from the 2013 Tennessee Rally campground. So we checked it out. Stopped at the office to check-in with Pat. Very nice woman. We drove over to the north side of the lake and walked our area. Very nice! See the attached cell-phone video - audio removed and jazzed up a bit.

While the sites on the north side of the lake are now filled, Pat is still taking reservations for this rally and dotting us around the rest of the park. It's not a huge place - so anywhere will be a short walk or ride to the club house.

Nabo

Thanks Jim/Nancy for the great video. Campsite 44 where Nancy's car was parked will be their site for the rally. If you are thinking about coming to the rally, you might want to go ahead and make your reservation. As Jim said, because of the park size, it's an e-z walk to the North side where the big pavilion is.

Merry Christmas to all.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
I better let all know we have reservations to be at this rally, had them for about a week now. Be there from 9/2 until morning of 9/9. They have us on site 25. Will be rolling north on the 9th with a one night stop-over before the PA rally/RV show. Not sure of a good half way stopping point either, just hoping there is a good eating place wherever it happens to be.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Woohoo! We'll be neighbors! (we're in site 25) When someone finds a good place to overnight on the 9th...please post here as we'll be in need as well!

I better let all know we have reservations to be at this rally, had them for about a week now. Be there from 9/2 until morning of 9/9. They have us on site 25. Will be rolling north on the 9th with a one night stop-over before the PA rally/RV show. Not sure of a good half way stopping point either, just hoping there is a good eating place wherever it happens to be.

Nabo

Yippee - sooo glad that the Wolbecks are coming. It's been a-coon ages since we have seen you and Nelly. Maybe with all the folks heading to PA, there should be someone who will come up with a good plan for traveling.

Also it's been fun following the grand-baby's pictures on facebook, aren't they fun!!!

jbeletti

Oh my! The Wolbecks and the Barnetts - what fun we will have. But can we stay out of trouble? :)

I may just have to bring my RV to the CG a couple extra days earlier. Don't want to miss a day of hanging out with 70 or so of my friends :)

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Byrd wish we could be there but we are coming back to Texas a month early so that we can look at some land and maybe contract with a builder. We are looking at settling in Sattler Texas in the Canyon Lake area. We are also planning on putting in at least 4 full hookups for friends so that they can visit with us. You and Nathan will always be welcome as will any Heartlanders.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Lee - I'm not surprised you've decided to move back to Sattler! I absolutely LOVED the area and we've decided we will for sure be back in the future!

jbeletti

Sweet! Now it's a REAL party!!

Hey, I got an idea! I can bring my smoker over in the back of the truck and we can smoke up some ribs. I can only do a few slabs (maybe 4) at a time - but with other food and a small early arrival crowd - could be some fun. Okay - who's got a good baked bean recipe they want to make and will arrive early in the week? And ya know - a god homemade potato salad recipe sounds good too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.