EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Nashville - 10/16/2015 to 10/18/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryced15

Byrd, it turns out we have 2 weddings on the 17th. We have been debating on it for the last couple of weeks. We have decided we really need to go to the 2 weddings even though we'd rather attend the rally. Sorry we won't be able to make it. We we're really looking forward to it. There seems to always be a scheduling conflict for us when it comes to trying to attend a rally...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry to hear that you and Elise can't make it to the rally but understand that family comes first. Wow - 2 weddings in one weekend. Hope they are close by.

Nabo

This rally couldn't be put on without the help of others and so many folks have come forward to help. So far we have:

Linda Eanes - will be heading up and organizing the Meet-N-Greet and potluck meals. She has asked for one or two others to help her organize the dishes as they come into the rally hall.
Ron and Sheila Brown - the 50/50 raffle ticket sales. Ticket sales will be on Friday and Saturday night with the drawing being Saturday night.
Judy Winkle - the Heartland Gives Back project. Stay tune as she is working with a local organization for more information.
Tom Combs - the Golf outing. So far we have 6 signed up to play. Anyone else interested.
Valerie and Malcolm Talley - Welcome committee.

A great big THANKS to all of these folks for helping.

Nabo

Thanks Bette - glad to have you helping Linda to organize the food for Friday and Saturday night.

navyAZ1

Well I tried to get us registered today 9/14/15, a lady answered the phone, and I told her I wanted to see if I could still get in on the HOC rally? She stated "I can't help you, call Nancy" and then hung up the phone with no further info offered. What a nice way to handle KOA customer service!

Nabo

Oh Ron and Ann - we are so sorry this has happened. There is a personal problem at the campground and I have forwarded your message to the regional manager at corporate office. We would love to get ya'll in so let's see what happens. I will let you know.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Well I tried to get us registered today 9/14/15, a lady answered the phone, and I told her I wanted to see if I could still get in on the HOC rally? She stated "I can't help you, call Nancy" and then hung up the phone with no further info offered. What a nice way to handle KOA customer service!

KOAs in general in this area are going "To He__ in a Handbasket". The people at the one closest to us are very nice, but the prices have gone out of site. We used to go to it several times a year just for a weekend getaway, but we've only been twice this year and that was only so we could take the grandkids and still be close to home in case something happened.

JanAndBill

Constant string of personal issues going so we had to delay registration. Just tried today to get a reservation, and the only site they had left was about as far away from everybody that we could get and still be in the park. Would like to come, but we are holding off for now. We will keep checking the forum in case anyone cancels. Or if anyone who has reservations now needs to cancel, please let us know.

MCTalley

Constant string of personal issues going so we had to delay registration. Just tried today to get a reservation, and the only site they had left was about as far away from everybody that we could get and still be in the park. Would like to come, but we are holding off for now. We will keep checking the forum in case anyone cancels. Or if anyone who has reservations now needs to cancel, please let us know.

Which site did they indicate that they could assign you to? We know the park pretty well. Can tell you if that site is within striking distance.

Nabo

As of today (9-15-15), all of the block campsites have been taken. If you would like to come to the rally, the campground will try to put you as close to the group as possible. The discount rate will still be honored. The KOA group coordinator Nancy has asked that you speak with her directly so she can get you a site. She is in the office Tuesday thru Saturday from 8-5 central time. Call the Nashville office at 615-889-0282. There still is one 62' site (as of right now) available across from the office that is not in the group area but is an ez walk to the rally hall.

MCTalley

I think that's the one long site they have over there that we stayed in back when the power was out in Jellystone. I'm almost positive it was like R-16. While its a nice, quiet site, it is a bit of a hike to where the rest of us are staying.

Seren

Looks like we will be there as scheduled although I will probably be limping around. We did sign-up for the Ryman show but have not paid since we were not sure if we would be able to attend the rally, so I assume that it is too late at this point. Nonetheless, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nabo

Mike - glad you are mending quickly and willing to venture up from FL. I know everyone will be glad to see ya and will be willing to help out with set-up/break-down. Let me call Opry Monday and see if I can add you and Alice in with the group. I'll call ya.

Nabo

WOW - what a huge group going to the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium. It's recommended, due to parking downtown being difficult, to catch the bus service which goes downtown. Here's info:

How often does it go downtown? Daily from 10 am until 12:30 am
Cost: $10 per person round trip
Where does it take me? Downtown drop-off point is in front of the Country Music Hall Of Fame. This is about one block from the Ryman Auditorium.
How often does the bus run? Pick-up at the KOA is at the top of the hour (approx)
I want to go back to the campground. How often does it pick up downtown? Pick-up is in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame at the bottom of the hour.
Is there an additional cost for the return trip? No - the $10 covers the round trip.

The bus will carry about 25 folks at a time. You can go down early to do some site seeing, eat supper or shop or stay as late as you want up until 12:30 am Friday morning. Enjoy and have fun.

MCTalley

We will have a rental car during the week (as I will be working in Nashville the week of the rally and the next and typically rent a car). If someone might need extra accommodations due to health or other issues where riding in a car as opposed to riding the bus might be preferable, let me know. We can drive downtown whenever as we are signed up for the show. I have a parking pass from work for a parking garage a block north of the Ryman.

VKTalley

WOW - what a huge group going to the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium. It's recommended, due to parking downtown being difficult, to catch the bus service which goes downtown. Here's info:

How often does it go downtown? Daily from 10 am until 12:30 am
Cost: $10 per person round trip
Where does it take me? Downtown drop-off point is in front of the Country Music Hall Of Fame. This is about one block from the Ryman Auditorium.
How often does the bus run? Pick-up at the KOA is at the top of the hour (approx)
I want to go back to the campground. How often does it pick up downtown? Pick-up is in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame at the bottom of the hour.
Is there an additional cost for the return trip? No - the $10 covers the round trip.

The bus will carry about 25 folks at a time. You can go down early to do some site seeing, eat supper or shop or stay as late as you want up until 12:30 am Friday morning. Enjoy and have fun.

Byrd, does the shuttle drop off/pickup at the Country Music Hall of Fame or at Fourth & Broad(way) at Margaritaville?

Status
Not open for further replies.