EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/15/2019 to 3/17/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Rally Attendees, if you do not have an official plastic engraved HOC Name Badge, let me know, so I can make a "temporary" Name Badge for you (clip-on plastic holder with paper insert) for the Rally. Send me a PM or post here with your First and Last Name and your Member Number, and I'll have a "temporary" badge in your rally goody bag.

TravelTiger

More Exciting News, I am pleased to announce SmartPlug Systems is a contributing sponsor of our Rally! If you have a "marine-style" plug in shore power cord, you really need to consider a SmartPlug upgrade.

Check out their website: https://smartplug.com/rv/

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone interested in some golf say Thursday morning if nothing is planned?

Mike, the Chapter doesn't have anything formally planned for that day, and I know there are some golfers in the group! Sounds like fun!

If anyone wants to participate, please post here and Mike (ShortestStraw) can be the contact person to coordinate the event. Abilene has at least 3 courses that I know of, and some others are nearby. :)

Once you have details (time, place, cost, caravan, etc.) let me know and I can add it to the packets for those arriving before Thursday.

TravelTiger

Another Announcement: Our Dealer Sponsor this year is T&S RV & Sport, in Navasota, TX! Although they are not in the West Texas Region, they have been a committed and generous sponsor to the HOC, they are the ONLY Official "Dealer Partner" with the Heartland Owners Club, and they are an EXCLUSIVE Heartland Dealer -- they only sell Heartlands -- So they truly value the owners of this brand.

We are looking forward to their support of the West Texas Chapter Rally!

TravelTiger

Hey All,

We have decided to encourage a Thursday night event since the majority of the attendees will be here. You do not have to attend, if you don't want to, this is just a casual get together, self-pay. Get there on your own.

Thursday, March 14th is All-you-can-eat Pork Rib night at Stillwater BBQ in Abilene. (around $18 per person with a drink.) If pork ribs aren't your thing, they have a full menu of other BBQ items. They also have free beer (cans, misc. brands).

Plan to arrive at about 5:00pm. It takes about 15 minutes to get there from the RV Park.
Better parking for trucks behind the restaurant.

Expect a little bit of a wait in line to place/receive your order, then sit down to eat.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP before Tuesday, March 12th, so we can give the restaurant a heads-up!

jbeletti

Hey All,

We have decided to encourage a Thursday night event since the majority of the attendees will be here. You do not have to attend, if you don't want to, this is just a casual get together, self-pay. Get there on your own.

Thursday, March 14th is All-you-can-eat Pork Rib night at Stillwater BBQ in Abilene. (around $18 per person with a drink.) If pork ribs aren't your thing, they have a full menu of other BBQ items. They also have free beer (cans, misc. brands).

Plan to arrive at about 5:00pm. It takes about 15 minutes to get there from the RV Park.

Expect a little bit of a wait in line to place/receive your order, then sit down to eat.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP before Tuesday, March 12th, so we can give the restaurant a heads-up!

"In a world" where I can only make it to a fraction of the rallies - I miss an AYCE BBQ dinner :( :(

On edit: If Callie the Rally dog can talk, so can my Animoji :)
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 3.34.52 PM.jpg
View attachment AYCE-BBQ.mov

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Just for you Jim, just for you. I might even drink one of those free beers for you too!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Please put Dave and I down for bbq on Thursday.

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwpkdavis

Hey All,

Pleas add us to the list for Thursday dinner.

akrebel

Is anyone interested in some golf say Thursday morning if nothing is planned?

The Henrys are always ready for golf. Please include us for Thursday morning.

Thanks,
Auguie & Cheryl

- - - Updated - - -

Hey All,

If you plan to attend, please RSVP before Tuesday, March 12th, so we can give the restaurant

Thursday sounds like a great day with golf inthe morning and BBQ for dinner. Please add the Henry’s to the dinner group.
Thanks,
Auguie & Cheryl

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Put us down for the Thursday dinner. Anna will also be attending the crafts project on Saturday.

I have a golf course in mind already and will let Erica know the plan as soon as I get a good head count.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

TravelTiger

Rally attendees, We have posted the Tentative Agenda for the Rally on Post #1, right below the attendees list. Be sure to check it out! (Note, Agenda is subject to change as we get closer to the rally.)

We are planning to have a Heartland Gives Back Initiative this year, and our beneficiary is the Ben Richey Boys Ranch. We will be going to visit them on Saturday!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The golf outing is set for Thursday the 14th at the Diamondback Golf Club. The first tee time is set for 8:45. I have three tee times set right now but need to get a good head count in case we do not need the last one. If we have more they will allow groups of five to play together. Please PM me so that I do not miss anyone in the busy thread. I figure for now we can all meet at my site, 71, prior to make sure everyone has a ride and we do not all need to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.