WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hey erika, here is the information you need for the Dyess tour,
---- removed personal info ---
Also two for the museum trip

Thanks, Orville

Last edited by a moderator:

EEdawg

Clara and I just signed up. We arrive on Thursday the 15th and stay a week.
Yes we do want the base tour if its not too late to sign up.
Looking forward to it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Clara and I just signed up. We arrive on Thursday the 15th and stay a week.
Yes we do want the base tour if its not too late to sign up.
Looking forward to it.

Great! I'll put you on the list. Pm or email your security info, listed in a few posts back.

My PM inbox was full, should be open now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I have the small Dometic Ice Maker that I no longer need that I will make somebody a good price on If interested, PM me, and I will bring it to the rally.

Chippendale

Erika, I have had a Dr's appointment change and now am going to have to leave on the 18th instead of the 19th. Will call the park and advise them of the change. Just wanted to let you know.

TravelTiger

Hey everyone (Especially the Ladies), Please don't forget to register for the "Pallet Painting Party" on Saturday, March 17. You MUST go to the website and pick your sign, and pay ahead of time! Remember, you can also pick any of her other signs if you don't want one of the RV related signs. The wood stain and/or paint is chosen by you, so don't let the "bright colors" of the examples confuse you on her website.

This is going to be fun! The party starts at 9:30am. Maybe someone can bring mimosas?!?

Erika

TravelTiger

By PM, Malcolm and Valerie had a change of plans and had to cancel. We will miss them!

TravelTiger

HERE IS THE TENTATIVE AGENDA! -- This may change, but this is what we have planned.

Heartland Owners Club – West Texas Chapter Rally Agenda

There’s lots to see and do, on your own! Here are a few suggestions:
Abilene Zoo
Fort Phantom Hill
Paramount Theater Tour
Perini Ranch Steakhouse
The Grace Museum
The Winery at Willow Creek
Buffalo Gap Historic Village
Jacob’s Dream Sculpture Garden
Diamondback Golf Club
12th Armored Division Memorial Museum
National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature
Maxwell Municipal Golf Course
Brand New Cinemark Movie Theater (Digital Cinema, Luxury Loungers, Reserved Seating)

Wednesday, March 14th
• Adventure on your own! No official rally activities. You are encouraged to get together with other rally
attendees, and check out some of the local attractions.

Thursday, March 15th
• Adventure on your own! No official rally activities. You are encouraged to get together with other rally attendees, and check out some of the local attractions.

Friday, March 16th
• 7:50am, Guided Tour of Dyess Air Force Base, gather to caravan. Must be pre-registered & security-cleared by March 1st. Line up at Clubhouse. Approx. 25-minute drive, we must arrive before 8:30am. Located at 800 Arnold Boulevard, Abilene, TX.

• Lunch on your own.

• Dinner on your own.

• 7:00pm, Ice Cream Meet & Greet, Clubhouse. Ice Cream and toppings supplied by the West Texas Chapter. Bring a beverage for yourself (coffee provided). Be sure to wear your name badges! Also, sign-up for “Lend-a-Hand” on Saturday.

• 7:45pm, White Elephant Swap, Clubhouse. Bring an item you no longer want, in a bag concealed from view (does not have to be nicely wrapped). One “White Elephant” per rig. We will number the “White Elephants”, and draw numbers. Then we’ll open and watch the fun! Items can be funny, useful, anything you no longer need. Swapping of items can occur after the event.

• Until 10:00pm, Clubhouse will be open for games and visiting.

Saturday, March 17th
• 7:00am, Breakfast, Clubhouse. Coffee and donuts provided by the West Texas Chapter.

• 9:30am - 12:30pm, Pallet Painting Party, Clubhouse. Register by March 12th. Attendees paint decor signs (previously selected and paid for in advance), with detailed step-by-step instructions. Wear something to paint in, and bring your favorite beverage. (Must have 8 signed up to have this event!)

• 9:30am - 12:30pm, Lend-a-Hand, various RVs. Some of our attendees have knowledge or tools that might help others. Gather to help out a fellow Heartlander with an RV project.

• Lunch on your own.

• 2:15pm, Frontier Texas! Museum, gather to caravan. Approx. 10 minute drive. Located at 625 N. First Street, Abilene, TX for the tour at 2:30pm. ($2.50 per person, pay in advance)

• 6:15pm, Official Rally Photo Shoot Wear any Rally T-shirt you have for the group photo. Be sure to wear your name badges!

• 6:30pm, Taco Bar Potluck, Clubhouse. Taco meat & fixings supplied by the Chapter. Bring your favorite side dish to go with tacos or a dessert. Bring a beverage for yourself (coffee provided). Be sure to wear your name badges!

• 7:30pm, Door prizes & Silent Auction, Clubhouse. Exciting RV related items to silent-bid on, throughout the meal. Winners announced after the door prize drawing. Every rig gets one door prize!

• Until 10:00pm, Clubhouse will be open for games and visiting.

Sunday, March 18th
• 8:00am – 10:00am, “Grab & Go” breakfast at the Clubhouse. Packaged pastry, coffee and orange juice provided.

• Goodbyes, and safe travels!

*All events and times subject to change, and weather permitting.

VKTalley

Just wanting to let everyone know that the Traveling Talleys have had to cancel our reservation for this Rally. Our son-in-love is headed to India on a business trip and asked us to come stay with our daughter and granddaughters while he is away. We will miss seeing everyone but the granddaughters need Nana and Pa time! We will be watching the forum for updates and pictures.

TravelTiger

A reminder, please send your credentials for the Dyess AFB Tour if you have not done so. I still have a few that need to confirm they are going (it's Friday, at 9:00AM), and then please send credentials by March 1!

Monica & Don
Ed & Susan
Larry & Mary Ann
Mike & Melissa

EVERYONE:

If you haven't let me know you want to go on the Frontier Texas! Museum Tour, please do so. That is Saturday March 17th, at 2:30PM.

And, Saturday, March 17th at 9:30AM is the Pallet Painting Party! Be sure to sign up here and pick your sign! Let me know on the Forum if you've done so. We must have 8 signed up to do the party, so sign up before March 12.

TravelTiger

For those of you needing help navigating the Big Country Pallet Party website:

Here are the sizes:

11×11 square – $30
11×16 vertical rectangle – $35
5-1/2×24 horizontal rectangle – $25

Here are the designs available for those sizes (note they will not be these bright colors, those are just examples.):

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 3.00.16 PM.jpg
Pick your design and write down the code.

If you want a different design or personalization, you can also see those options on her website.

GOTO THIS WEBSITE TO BEGIN:
https://bigcountrypalletparties.com/designs/west-texas-heartland-owners-club/

You'll see the selections larger, here.

Then scroll down to click on ONLINE STORE, in this statement:
"Proceed to our online store (through Square) to place your order."

Scroll down to see the size selections. Don't pick yet!

Scroll down to look at the finish choices (write down which you like).

FYI, these are the finishes. Stains will be done before the party. Bare wood will be painted the paint color you select, at our party.

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 2.53.21 PM.jpg

Then scroll back up and select your size.

Click to add to cart.

Click to check out. -- put in your info, payment, and in the "additional notes" under total, add your code for the sign you want and the finish you selected.

You can also contact Tami at any time for help! (601) 590-2414 or bigcountrypalletparties@gmail.com

Here's an example of some of the signs folks at Big Country Pallet Parties have done! (note, these are larger than the options we are doing.)

20770420_659757060900451_1327987909591624228_n.jpg 21559038_670677306475093_3180711224606578108_n.jpg

Attachments

• screen-shot-2018-01-17-at-12-18-08-pm.jpg
    screen-shot-2018-01-17-at-12-18-08-pm.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 21559038_670677306475093_3180711224606578108_n.jpg
    21559038_670677306475093_3180711224606578108_n.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

TravelTiger

I want to mention some of our Sponsors for this year's rally!

TORKLIFT INTERNATIONAL : SMARTPLUG SYSTEMS : ZARCOR RV & MARINE PRODUCTS : SOUTHWEST EMBLEM : ORIGEN : RV LOCK, LLC

Look for great items from these folks at this rally, y'all!

Not long now!!!

Edit: Just added RV LOCK!

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Sadly, Mike and Helen have had a change of plans and won't be joining us. We will miss them!

Status
Not open for further replies.