EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey folks, we've had some cancellations. The Lost Alaskan will not move someone into an open site until they speak with you and confirm you are coming and have a credit card number to reserve.

I'll update the list when I hear, officially!

Sadly, Clif and Millie (aviddclif) will not be attending due to a conflict.
Pat and Elaine (Possum51) will not be attending due to work schedule.

We will miss seeing them!

Erika

avvidclif

Lyle you owe me a cold one...at some point in the future we will hook up. You got my spot, much to my chagrin. I wish we could be there.

avvidclif

Goshen???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish, but it isn't in the cards that I know if. My wife is the incoming (June) State President for the VFW Auxiliary, Dept of Texas. As such all our plans revolve around her schedule as we will be going all over the state for her year in office. Now in Jul, 2018, after she goes out, it's my turn and we're traveling. We've been working on her dream for 7 years. It's a lot of fun but sure puts a crimp in RV'ing....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Well then maybe next year. We're first time winter Texans this year. Too early to say about 2018 but you never know

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Y'all can plan on coming to the Branson Region rally in May next year!

HornedToad

Glad you're sold out Tiger... We're going to try something different on the smoker that I'm sure all will enjoy.

I finally found some apple wood... and that is hard to do in Texas!!! The BBQ experts say apple wood has the very best flavor.

I've never cooked with apple wood logs, just the chips and chunks over charcoal, but that still does not give you the true apple flavor.

Don't worry I'll experiment with the apple wood logs before the Rally... someone has to do it???
c2e7bbfc3fe121e0e371ddb09735e1d7.jpg

travelin2

Is it still green?? I use apple almost exclusively but sometimes throw in a little white oak. We have an apple tree so I do a little trimming when I'm setting up to smoke some meat.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad you're sold out Tiger... We're going to try something different on the smoker that I'm sure all will enjoy.

I finally found some apple wood... and that is hard to do in Texas!!! The BBQ experts say apple wood has the very best flavor.

I've never cooked with apple wood logs, just the chips and chunks over charcoal, but that still does not give you the true apple flavor.

Don't worry I'll experiment with the apple wood logs before the Rally... someone has to do it???
c2e7bbfc3fe121e0e371ddb09735e1d7.jpg

I'm sure it will be wonderful, Mike!

HornedToad

Is it still green??

It's well seasoned... some of the smaller logs look green cuz they were freshly cut down from longer sticks.

So where would you be travelin' from to have an apple tree???

travelin2

Central Susquehanna valley of Pennsylvania!!!
We be winter Texans this year!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Please add our names to the wait list...called the park and they have us added...Ken and Kathleen Adams...

dkeetc1

We are so happy. We've just been notified by the Lost Alaskan Park that we are in for the rally. Unfortunately we are taking the spot vacated by Phil and Mary Ochoa. We will miss them. Look forward to meeting lots of new friends and reuniting with a few old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.