EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Would love to come, we never have been to a Rally but our TH is in the shop for warranty work.
When will the next one be in Texas?

2018 Cyclone 3600

Sorry you can't make it...unfortunately stuff happens to prevent the 'fun in life' from happening. There will be rallies in west Texas, north Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana next spring (not real sure of dates) and also a Regional rally in Branson in May. Just keep your eye on the 'portal' page of this forum where all of the rallies are listed on the right hand side of the page.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Would love to come, we never have been to a Rally but our TH is in the shop for warranty work.
When will the next one be in Texas?

2018 Cyclone 3600

If you're within easy driving distance, you could go for the day on Saturday, stay overnight in a hotel and go home late Sunday. We did this for the North Texas Rally, just to see our Heartland friends and enjoy the fellowship! They are lots of fun, you need to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hey folks, don't know if we will make it to the rally or not. We have had 3.25" of rain in the last 3 hours and it looks like more on the way. I park my unit on the lot next to the house and it may be to wet to try and get it out without having problems.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bummer! After 9 years of seeing JimToo on the forum, was really looking forward to meeting you.

esscobra

there is actually a hotel next door and they have special rates for guests of rv park, call rv park they can help if you can make it?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Headed out early Wednesday morning, hopefully. Pretty exciting day. Was checking trailer tires today and right rear was down to 80 lbs. refilled to 110 and within a hour it was down to 98psi. Lug nuts were super tight, so I call Good Sam Roadside Assist to change tire with spare. Help arrived within 30 minutes. He also checked out the tire and found a crack in the inside of rim. So with spare mounted on right rear (beautiful steel wheel ), it was off to Discount Tire to find a new wheel. First store didn't have one, but found three at store on other side of OKC. I went there and got tire remounted to a snazzy white steel wheel (is my sarcasm showing yet?). At least it was only $60. So now I have three different wheel styles.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey folks, don't know if we will make it to the rally or not. We have had 3.25" of rain in the last 3 hours and it looks like more on the way. I park my unit on the lot next to the house and it may be to wet to try and get it out without having problems.

Jim M

Keeping our fingers crossed and saying a prayer that you'll be able to make it! But, of course, we will certainly understand if you're unable.

- - - Updated - - -

Headed out early Wednesday morning, hopefully. Pretty exciting day. Was checking trailer tires today and right rear was down to 80 lbs. refilled to 110 and within a hour it was down to 98psi. Lug nuts were super tight, so I call Good Sam Roadside Assist to change tire with spare. Help arrived within 30 minutes. He also checked out the tire and found a crack in the inside of rim. So with spare mounted on right rear (beautiful steel wheel ), it was off to Discount Tire to find a new wheel. First store didn't have one, but found three at store on other side of OKC. I went there and got tire remounted to a snazzy white steel wheel (is my sarcasm showing yet?). At least it was only $60. So now I have three different wheel styles.

Glad you got it taken care of! Safe travels! (Leave your sarcasm in OKC, ok??) :eek:

2psnapod1

Michael and I are planning to go to Buffet City about 5:00 pm today (Wednesday 10/4) and would welcome anyone else that is interested in joining us. We'll start lining up about 4:45 pm.

Just let us know.

Buffet City

2902 Goliad Rd

San Antonio, TX

**Please pass the word...everyone is welcome.

I will be posting this on Facebook and talking with people in person, as well.

jimtoo

Well,, I'm not gonna try to get it out tomorrow, Thursday, but if no more rain we will check in Friday.
See you Friday.

Jim M

esscobra

you should try bud jones other end of military nearer to ih 35- real good chicken fried steak ( not as good as tip top ) and im not seafood eater but I understand they have great fish dishes/specials - gets busy at lunch and weekends though

2psnapod2

Well,, I'm not gonna try to get it out tomorrow, Thursday, but if no more rain we will check in Friday.
See you Friday.

Jim M
We sure hope you have good luck and can get it out! See you on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

you should try bud jones other end of military nearer to ih 35- real good chicken fried steak ( not as good as tip top ) and im not seafood eater but I understand they have great fish dishes/specials - gets busy at lunch and weekends though
Kelly and I are going to go back to tip top in a week or so! Great food....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

esscobra

everything there is great- enchiladas to fried chicken- burgers are small but tasty- been going there over 40 years

- - - Updated - - -

btw
I give you info on 2 place to get trailer inspected - maybe 15 min away - trailer builder/repair shop- they can do wheel bearings, disc brake conversions, and is and hydraulic level conversions. good people. easy in/out

2psnapod1

everything there is great- enchiladas to fried chicken- burgers are small but tasty- been going there over 40 years

- - - Updated - - -

btw
I give you info on 2 place to get trailer inspected - maybe 15 min away - trailer builder/repair shop- they can do wheel bearings, disc brake conversions, and is and hydraulic level conversions. good people. easy in/out

Ok, Mr. Speir...how did you know we were looking to get our trailer inspected?? Or was that for anyone that needs to get theirs inspected??

2psnapod1

ill be down maybe tomorrow but for sure fri-sun

looking forward t meeting everyone

We're waiting for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget Frank's Breakfast Extravaganza is Friday morning in the rally hall at 9:00 am!

Frank and Ted will whip up some tasty breakfast meats and ask that the rest of us bring some delicious breakfast dishes to share (eggs, biscuits, gravy, casseroles, pastries etc)

We'll be bringing some fresh cut watermelon.

2psnapod1

Tim & Beckey Sacrey have suggested a fun outing this afternoon for anyone that is interested.

We'll be visiting El Mercado - also known as Market Square.

(Mexican shopping area boasting 100 shops over 3-blocks, with apparel, handcrafts & food galore).

Address: 514 W Commerce St, San Antonio, TX

Hours: 10 - 6

Afterward we'll enjoy a meal at Mi Tierra. (Landmark Mexican cafe & bakery with classic fare, margaritas & mariachis in festive digs open 24/7)

Address: 218 Produce Row, San Antonio, TX

If you'd like to join us for a little Mexican shopping fun we'll line up (like yesterday) about 1:50 or so and will LEAVE at 2:00 pm.

If you're not interested in shopping but are interested in trying this landmark eating establishment we'll meet at the restaurant at 4:30.

PLEASE let Michael or I know if you plan to attend (or not) one or both so that we don't leave anyone behind.

Pokiejoe

Tim & Beckey Sacrey have suggested a fun outing this afternoon for anyone that is interested.

We'll be visiting El Mercado - also known as Market Square.

(Mexican shopping area boasting 100 shops over 3-blocks, with apparel, handcrafts & food galore).

Address: 514 W Commerce St, San Antonio, TX

Hours: 10 - 6

Afterward we'll enjoy a meal at Mi Tierra. (Landmark Mexican cafe & bakery with classic fare, margaritas & mariachis in festive digs open 24/7)

Address: 218 Produce Row, San Antonio, TX

If you'd like to join us for a little Mexican shopping fun we'll line up (like yesterday) about 1:50 or so and will LEAVE at 2:00 pm.

If you're not interested in shopping but are interested in trying this landmark eating establishment we'll meet at the restaurant at 4:30.

PLEASE let Michael or I know if you plan to attend (or not) one or both so that we don't leave anyone behind.

Yes I would like to go shop but Don isn't a shopper but would like to go to eat. Anyone not shopping but going to eat that he might catch a ride with?
Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.