EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Temperanceville - 5/30/2013 to 6/2/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiremanBill

Getting close now. Just got back off of our first big trip with the Cyclone and I am happy to report that it performed flawlessly. Can't wait to get her back out again!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We are excited that in a few short weeks we will be together having a blast on Virginia's Eastern Shore. What we enjoy the most is the friendship and camaraderie we share with each other and the goodness that is within us. Heartlander's are the best group of people you can ever meet, and are the most helpful and giving to others. So we would like to have you join us in our effort to support the Heartland Gives Back initiative.

We have selected the Food bank of Southeastern Virginia to be our project at this rally. Many of us went through and remember Hurricane Sandy last October. The entire eastern seaboard was hit hard with particularly severe damage to NJ and NY. But the very rural area of Virginia's Eastern Shore where we will hold our rally also suffered, and those affected can still use our help today. We all travel around with our Heartland rigs that come equipped with kitchen and pantry, so we are asking that you donate, as you are able, food staples that will help keep the food bank shelves stocked. The people in the area have the need, and we Heartlander's have the "heart" to give back what we can.

We will organize the collection of your food donations at the rally, and will arrange for the delivery to the foodbank. Thank you all so much for your support and donation for this initiative.

FiremanBill

Getting close now! less than 2 weeks. Looking forward to getting to meet and greet and have a great time. What does everyone bring besides themselves to have a good time. I fly R/C Planes and will bring a few smaller ones to play with as most campgrounds have enough room to be able to fly them.

I love getting my night flyer out and seeing how many people come out of the woodwork to see what is going on! I was flying it at the Misty Mountain campground in Crozet VA and actually had a Sheriff's Dept car come in to see if there was anything to the UFO reports they were getting in the area! That was fun!!!

Here is a video my Sis took of me flying in Myrtle Beach last summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTN3YFWNYk

Flying Dutchman

Here is the Agenda for the rally. View attachment Agenda Temperanceville.doc I have also added the Agenda to the first page.

Also, please post what you are planning to bring for the Saturday pot luck. The Club is providing Fried Chicken, so we are looking for salad/vegetable/dessert dish to pass. I will collate the list and post it on the first page, this may help some decide what to bring. I have been told and I understand that 'vakthund' is quite the camping chef:D. Woo Hoo, do we ever eat good at rally's.

Weather permitting we will have a camp fire on Friday and Saturday evening, 'camperjohn08' will be the Fire-Master. Please bring along some firewood if you have it to spare.

So travel safe, and we will see you soon. :cool:

vakthund

post what you are planning to bring for the Saturday pot luck.
We were going to bring some ribs to the potluck but that may be better for the Meet and Greet on Friday? Either is fine with us. We'll also bring linguine salad and camper cookies.
We were planning on dutch oven pizzas for lunch on Saturday if there is any interest? - well, we'll make them anyway, it is just a question of how many. :) Was going to squeeze that in between the breakfast and the wine and cheese so we aren't without food for longer than two hours on Saturday!

FiremanBill

We were going to bring some ribs to the potluck but that may be better for the Meet and Greet on Friday? Either is fine with us. We'll also bring linguine pasta and camper cookies.
We were planning on dutch oven pizzas for lunch on Saturday if there is any interest? - well, we'll make them anyway, it is just a question of how many. :) Was going to squeeze that in between the breakfast and the wine and cheese so we aren't without food for longer than two hours on Saturday!

I like the way you think!

Looks like I'll be doing some flying for sure now based on the agenda!:D Fine by me!!!

f250dieseldad

Eric, We will bring a pie for dessert for the pot luck. Also we are working on trying to be there for the Thursday dinner out.

Flying Dutchman

We were going to bring some ribs to the potluck but that may be better for the Meet and Greet on Friday? Either is fine with us. We'll also bring linguine salad and camper cookies.
You are doing just fine fitting in Erik. I can see that you will have a large crowd hanging around your Cyclone. Can't wait to sample your dutch oven pizza, I mean, the name fits:rolleyes:.

FiremanBill

I'm in for the pizza as well! and We'll be right next to each other too!!

What do you need us to bring to help out with them?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm sure we'll bring barbecue baked beans for the pot luck Saturday. Friday TBD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FiremanBill

My DW is making her famous Banana Pudding cake for desert for the potluck. Still thinking about a Horsey dorvey for the meet and greet.

Status
Not open for further replies.