EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Temperanceville - 5/30/2013 to 6/2/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

vakthund

What do you need us to bring to help out with them?
Thank you for the offer. We will bring everything we need but we are always open for new and different ingredients or combinations and we never turn down cooking help. Our most popular pizza is steak and artichoke and we are working on a roast pork with brussels sprouts, honey, and pine nuts. Since we have kids with us we for sure will have pepperoni also. Suggestions are always welcomed.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
This might interest some. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/wallops/home/index.html Unfortunately we miss the next rocket launch on 4 June, perhaps some are staying after the rally and can view this night time launch. But on a much smaller scale, model rockets will launch on Saturday, 1 June.

banner.jpg

+ Model Rocket Launch (All Ages) - June 1
A model rocket launch will be held at 1pm on the Visitor Center grounds. Models of various rockets will be launched. Model rocketeers are invited to bring their own rockets to launch. The launch will be cancelled if it is raining or winds exceed 18 mph. Program will last 45 minutes.

For me, I still hope that 'firemanbill' will demonstrate his flying skills with his RC airplanes at the campground. In any case, there will be so much to do and see in the area that finding enough time will be our biggest challenge. It promises to be a real fun rally. :cool:

camperjohn08

I shall be bring "Some" Firewood.. but also need room for our bikes this time.. (No not the motorcycles.. but the foot petal type.. : o ( .. ) Also Bringing our Block Rocker Bluetooth PA & Loud speaker system.. For those who have music Bluetooth devices.. I can play music, Via Bluetooth, on this box too.. We shall bring home made macaroni & Cheese and maybe a good dessert also. See you all there :p

dalspot

Add the Darlings to the list. We're on 108A. Friday - Sunday. Not sure what time we'll arrive on Friday - hope to be there by 6. I've lost my mind... coming with 3 people (our daughter will be joining us), two dogs and two cats... Tom heard "clambake" and started packing the truck LOL.

Looking forward to seeing every one.

Karen

FiremanBill

Will be bringing some planes for sure Eric! I hope to have my Demon finished by then, had to rebuild it due to an inflight onboard fire... Lithium battery do NOT like to be overamped... just sayin'. That little bird is aptly named as I've had it clocked on both Doppler and radar at over 143mph!

I will have "Bill" for sure. A buddy of mine designed this one for me and it is an awful lot of fun to fly. Very slow and graceful... well slow anyway...

Attachments

• IMG_20130420_144906_000.jpg
    IMG_20130420_144906_000.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 44

Flying Dutchman

Add the Darlings to the list. We're on 108A. Friday - Sunday. Not sure what time we'll arrive on Friday - hope to be there by 6. I've lost my mind... coming with 3 people (our daughter will be joining us), two dogs and two cats... Tom heard "clambake" and started packing the truck LOL.

Looking forward to seeing every one.

Karen

Welcome Tom and Karen, so glad you are joining us.

Flying Dutchman

For those interested, I have added a list on post #1 of food items for our Saturday pot luck dinner that have been submitted to date. You know we will be eating good ... again!:D

davebennington

Eric,
Sorry we cannot make it to the VA rally, Our truck is still in the shop and not sure when we will get it back.
Hopefully we will have it back in time to travel to Goshen.

Have a great rally.

dave

Flying Dutchman

Eric,
Sorry we cannot make it to the VA rally, Our truck is still in the shop and not sure when we will get it back.
Hopefully we will have it back in time to travel to Goshen.

Have a great rally.

dave

Sorry you can't make our rally, you and Julie will be missed. Hope that TV will finally get repaired so we get to see you in Goshen. I know you have been having electrical issues for at least the past 6 months, that must be really aggravating and frustrating. A new 2013 Ram will solve that.:D

camperjohn08

Just a Note... Nancy & I are bringing a crock pot full of meat balls and fresh rolls to the Friday Night Meet and Greet.. Just incase anyone is rather hungry.. :p

Flying Dutchman

Well the BC is loaded to the gills, and we will be leaving for Temperanceville early tomorrow morning. We are really looking forward to a great rally with all of you. :D

Please remember as well to throw some firewood (if you have any) in the back of your pick-up so that we can have a happy "Fire Master", and so all of us can enjoy a campground fire Friday and Saturday evening.

I have attached a flyer for our Heartland Gives Back initiative. Please donate what you can and I know the foodbank will be very appreciative. .

Finally, I will have your T-shirt if you ordered one. The cost per shirt is $13. You can pay me with cash or check at the campground.

See y'all soon. Travel Safely!

Attachments

• foodbank flyer.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 10

davebennington

Eric,

The electric issues have been resolved by installing a new ECM. The latest and I hope the final issue is an engine replacement, main bearing failure causing zero oil pressure, far cheaper than the $64,000 they want for a new truck.

It has been 2 weeks now and the dealer keeps saying we should have it back soon??

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.