EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Almost done with work for the day! WERK!!!:mad: Need to pick up the trailer at son's house. After all the rain we've had, it should be fun getting it out of the lot. She'll need a bath for sure. Got most of our stuff organized and ready to load. Will load up tonight and tomorrow morning and be on our way. Possibly a stop in Fredericksburg for a bath at the Blue Beacon. Hope to be in by mid-afternoon. Everyone drive safely. See you there!

boatto5er

What is the Blue Beacon?

Truck Wash at the intersection of I-95 and US17 just north of Fredericksburg, VA at exit 133B. $45 and up depending on what all you want done. I normally go for just the basic soap wash and rinse.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Gus & Debra, Santha and I wish we could attend. We wish all of you a good time and yes we are jealous.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

boatto5er

Gus & Debra, Santha and I wish we could attend. We wish all of you a good time and yes we are jealous.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Thanx Randy, wish you could have joined us. Big crowd here already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davebennington

Nice Rally Gus, I wish you could have turned down the wind a little. Here is the group parting shot.

dave

Attachments

• DSC05267-1.jpg
    DSC05267-1.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 78

boatto5er

Great looking group. Thanks to all of you for making it a fun weekend. Wish I could get that darned wind under control. It was great seeing all. Love it when we have great Heartland friends join in from North Carolina up thru New York. I think we had around 100 folks for the pot luck dinner.

dieselsweetheart

Had a fun time Gus and wish we could stay longer than just the w/e...but you know how it is with working folks... :) Thanks for all your hard work and hope to see you at another rally (where you can relax) soon!

JJnVA

Fun weekend - great seeing our HOC friends and making new ones! Debra and Gus did a terrific job of coordinating the weekend events - many thanks for all of your hard work. And, a big thanks to everyone for their generous donations to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula - I'm turning in over 300 food items tomorrow. Samaritan House in Virginia Beach also was a recipient of additional items from your giving hearts this past weekend. You all make the HEART in the Heartland Owners Club!

See y'all down the road.....

jbeletti

... And, a big thanks to everyone for their generous donations to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula - I'm turning in over 300 food items tomorrow. Samaritan House in Virginia Beach also was a recipient of additional items from your giving hearts this past weekend. You all make the HEART in the Heartland Owners Club!....

Bravo Heartlanders!

jnbhobe

Great rally Deb & Gus, Thanks for all you do for the club and its members.Patti, Kim, Jim, Emily and I had a great time even if I did think Virginia Beach was warm and sunny, lol. Hope everyone has a safe trip home. We got home about 9:45 after saying we would take two days.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We'll be packing up soon to head north. I just wanted to thank Gus and Debra for a great weekend in a great location and a beautiful campground! Larger rallies are always difficult to get to know everyone and I have got to say that the Bingo game was a great way to meet people and we had lot's of fun playing. The weather could have been better, but it didn't interfere with the fun.

Rallies are usually busy times for us and it was such a pleasure to be able to walk through camp, pick a site, sit down and chat. We throughly enjoyed catching up with our southern friends and to all of our new friends it was nice meeting you and we'll see you again soon.

Thanks to everyone who helped in any way to make this a fun event. VA Beach is great!

boatto5er

Just a few of us left, packing up, getting ready to go. A couple of folks staying one more day. Been a great weekend. Thanks to everyone!

camperjohn08

Thanks Gus & Debra for putting on a Great Rally.. Except for the darn Rain Sunday.. we had some rather windy, but great weather.. At least we had a chance to have two campfires...

We are safe and sound at home at the moment.. "I" actually backed my new BigHorn in the back yard for the "Very First Time" and in "ONE" try..:p I only have two feet on each side of the 5'er when I pass by the house and the fence..Hopefully I will get even better at it, as time goes on..

Good seeing all our friends once again and some new people we met too..Now to get some much needed rest..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.