EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtxkid

Yes, hopefully not to scare anyone, but had they taken off on the opposing 90 degree runway, they would have hit somewhere very close to the campground. We just thank God they were not seriously injured, nor was anyone on the ground.

Yeah Gus! My house!

I spoke with the campground this morning and there are no more sites reserved for the Heartland Rally but they still have sites available so we will be somewhere between 23 and 28. We have not chosen yet. As soon as we know, we will post.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I spoke with the campground this morning and there are no more sites reserved for the Heartland Rally but they still have sites available so we will be somewhere between 23 and 28. We have not chosen yet. As soon as we know, we will post.

That's terrific! I've added you to the list in Post #1. It'll be great to meet you. See you there.

boatto5er

Amy and Matt bring us up to 41 rigs and 42 "couples" with assorted children, pets, golf carts, and scooters. This is turning into quite a party!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
So Gus, do you have any "quirky" bits of info for the rally? Who's traveling the farthest? What's the break down of heartland models? Who's the oldest/youngest? Longest/Shortest rig. I thought you would have all this figured out, trying to pass these last few months before the rally.

Jamie

boatto5er

So Gus, do you have any "quirky" bits of info for the rally? Who's traveling the farthest? What's the break down of heartland models? Who's the oldest/youngest? Longest/Shortest rig. I thought you would have all this figured out, trying to pass these last few months before the rally.

Jamie

Actually, I have fallen down on the job and do not have any tidbits to post, HOWEVER, give me a couple of days and I'll have some nuggets to pass out ;).

jnbhobe

Gus, It looks like we may be able to make the Virginia Beach rally I talked with the campground today and they still had some sites. I just have to firm up a couple of things tomorrow. Jon

boatto5er

Gus, It looks like we may be able to make the Virginia Beach rally I talked with the campground today and they still had some sites. I just have to firm up a couple of things tomorrow. Jon

Cool! It'll be good to see you and Patti again. I believe it was Nashville the last time we made it to a rally together.

boatto5er

We are on spot 23 coming in on Friday the 18th. Looking forward to meeting everyone. And Gus, we are probably the youngest.... :)

Amy, we are all young at heart! There will be a pretty good age spread. However, you and Matt probably will win the prize :confused: for youngest couple (at least at this point)!

Hey Jamie - there's your tidbit for the day - youngest attendees (and they still win even if you count children!)

boatto5er

Armed Forced Day Trivia:

When was Armed Forces Day first formally announced?

Extra Credit: Who was the President at the time of the first Armed Forces Day?

Bonus Point: What service did not discontinue it's own service day celebration (but does fully participate in and support Armed Forces Day)?

hcriddle

My guess on the bonus question is the Marine Corps. They still celebrate their birthday on Nov 10th every year. I believe the first official ball was around 1925.

wrong answer but I will hold off to give others the opportunity to answer.

Last edited:

jayc

Legendary Member
Gus, I'll ALWAYS be a Texan, regardless of where I'm living! Being a Grand Canyon owner simply means I'm deeper in debt... I'm pretty good with Google search!

hcriddle

[QUOTEGus, I'll ALWAYS be a Texan, regardless of where I'm living!][/QUOTE]

Me too Jay! I can't bring myself to change my state on my profile until the house closes in May. I am holding out as long as I can! I am loving living in the Bighorn. There are only three coaches on the lane I am parked on at Lehman's and all three are Bighorns. I haven't had time to check out the latest folks to come in and the other one must be a seasonal camper because I have not seen anyone there since I got here 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.