EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 5/13/2011 to 5/15/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtxkid

Gezzz Gus, if Hudson has site #22 then that means their will be two Cyclone HD's side by side!!! Don't know if the group will be able to handle that! LOL...

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Jim - no RED coats - PERIOD! You may bring a blue one if you have one. Mike, you are welcome, even with the Big Red Truck. Pete, if you come, you will be out of town! Jason, it'll be good to see you again. Deb - let's keep our fingers crossed that we don't need any coats - of course, the last time we were there we did have a big bonfire on a 103 degree day!

In Williamsburg...the wearing of a Red cloak could be detrimental...outside Williamsburg...Blue WILL get you shot, multiple times.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Although our reserved group sites are all taken, you still may be able to get in the campground if you would like to join us. Contact the campground to see if they have sites available. I'm working on a "light" agenda since this is an area that I suspect will entice folks out to see the sights on Friday and Saturday. My early thoughts are: a Friday morning continental breakfast at the "Landmark Diner" (our trailer) for early arrivers; a Friday night dinner, with dishes provided by the early arrivers, so the Friday arrivers won't have to try to get something together (we'll probably do burgers and dogs); a Saturday afternoon Wine and Cheese tasting for those who are not out enjoying the local sights; a Saturday night Potluck dinner in the campground clubhouse around 7:30 to give folks time to get back from sightseeing (I'll be looking for volunteers to provide patriotic themed decorations) with contests and prizes; a Sunday morning light continental breakfast.

Vtxkid

We were able to work it out with Pam's working schedule, to add another day to our stay, so I called the CG this morning and added Thursday to our weekend. Looking forward to our RV outings!

boatto5er

I've uploaded a very draft agenda - see below.

Attachments

• 2011 Virginia Spring Rally Agenda.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 25

Hudson

I've uploaded a very draft agenda - see below.

Oops, did you forget the excursion to Busch Gardens that I was supposed to be leading on Saturday?

(BTW, since BG is open late on Saturday, I wonder if the pot luck should be moved back to Friday ... after all why spend all that money to go to Busch Gardens and leave really early for pot luck?)

boatto5er

Oops, did you forget the excursion to Busch Gardens that I was supposed to be leading on Saturday?

(BTW, since BG is open late on Saturday, I wonder if the pot luck should be moved back to Friday ... after all why spend all that money to go to Busch Gardens and leave really early for pot luck?)

Didn't forget - just haven't filled in all the Saturday details yet. Good thought on the Friday Pot Luck, and maybe have Burgers and Dogs for those that are around on Sat evening. Thanks for the ideas - that why I threw the draft out there.

boatto5er

Hudson had a great idea on swapping the evenings for the Burger Dinner and the Pot Luck, so I revised the agenda and tweaked a couple of items. I'm sure this won't be the final, but it's getting close!

Attachments

• 2011 Virginia Spring Rally Agenda Rev 1.pdf
    224.4 KB · Views: 33

handva

We are going to try to head to Williamsburg on the 14th. Right now there are still sites available in the campground. Just waiting on what my wife's schedule is going to be for that weekend, should at least be able to make it for wine and cheese.

boatto5er

We are going to try to head to Williamsburg on the 14th. Right now there are still sites available in the campground. Just waiting on what my wife's schedule is going to be for that weekend, should at least be able to make it for wine and cheese.

It will be terrific if you're able to join us. Let me know as soon as you find out for sure. Hope to see you there.

boatto5er

It would probably behoove all attendees to study up on Virginia history a little. I'm just saying, you know...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ya'll sound like this is going to be a great rally!!! Wish we could be there but know that we will in spirit.

boatto5er

I want to welcome our two newest attendees: Tony and Louise Colligon, Caliber owners from New Jersey; and Mark and Linda Millen, brand new Big Horn 3185 owners from Maryland. WELCOME!

handva

It will be terrific if you're able to join us. Let me know as soon as you find out for sure. Hope to see you there.

We will be able to attend. I will be calling the campground in the morning to try to get the Good Sam rate and se if we can get near the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.