EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 5/13/2011 to 5/15/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Great. I'll update the attendee list. Think you'll be able to get Friday night added later?

boatto5er

The theme for the rally will be PATRIOTIC. (Big surprise, huh?) So, if you have some patriotic decorations, or want to purchase a few (please don't spend a lot), decorate your campsite with patriotic items (and yes Debra, I'm aware that Pink Flamingoes are not considered patriotic items!) We will give a prize for best decorated campsite.

boatto5er

Hi everyone. I'd like for us to participate in a charitible activity as a part of the rally, so I've I picked Toys for Tots as our rally charity. Please plan on bringing a small, unwrapped toy that Deb and I will collect and bring back to the Toys for Tots headquarters right around the corner from us at Quantico Marine Corps base. More details to follow soon.

boatto5er

Just added John and Mary Ann Proto to the rally attendee list. Hot dog - now we've spread into New York!

handva

That will make a good day for Toy For Tots. Maybe even a little variety from around the East Coast.

Lazydaze

Gus,

I just made reservations today. She put us on site #62. YAH !!!!!!
We arrive on the 12th, leave on the 15th.

Last edited:

boatto5er

In case you haven't checked recently, we're up to 30 rigs! This is a great showing. Deb and I are looking forward to seeing all our friends again and meeting several new ones! Don't forget about our charity donation, Toys for Tots (bring a new, unwrapped toy - not too big, Deb and I do have to get them all home!). Also, remember we're having a site decorating contest (patriotic theme). I will be posting a final agenda soon, and will also send it out by email. As always, activities are optional, but the more you can attend, the more people/friends you will meet. With so much to see in the area, we are planning on having prize give-aways both Friday and Saturday night so everyone has a chance to win something, but still stay out late if needed. See you all soon. Post questions here or send me an email.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That's a great turn out for the VA Rally. Congratulations to you and Debra for hitting the 30 mark! See all y'all in a few weeks!

boatto5er

Less than two weeks til Rally Time! Not too late to see about signing up. Fun, food, friends - what more could you ask for!

Wharton

We are so sorry to be missing this rally. We have a wedding to go to in NJ. We may be back in time to stop in. We live in Williamsburg so we may just drive over for a visit and see the rigs.

boatto5er

We are so sorry to be missing this rally. We have a wedding to go to in NJ. We may be back in time to stop in. We live in Williamsburg so we may just drive over for a visit and see the rigs.

Would love it if you could stop by. You are very welcome to come to the dinner Sat night if you are back by then (we'll have plenty of food), and there are many of us staying over Sun evening (having a pot-luck you are welcome to attend), so we will be in the area all day Sun. Hope to see you.

Wharton

Thanks Gus, we will plan on it. We should be back on Friday so this works into our plans. See you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.