EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VT, Pownal - 8/2/2012 to 8/5/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmagoo

We arrived home safely...

Thanks to Fran, Carol, Greg and Beth for a great time... We loved the campground.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are home and had an uneventful trip. Ready to sit in the hot tub for awhile and work out the truck kinks!

Thanks again everybody for a great weekend! You guys rock!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We want to give a big thank you to Fran & carol for suggesting this location. With there help and planning this rally came together!! Next stop MD rally!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

sam n sam

Greg,Beth,Fran and Carol,
I Really had a Great time this weekend. You guys did a outstanding job.
Margaret DeLibero-Minor
P.S. Greg New York really was good,but Vermont was SUPER!!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
HOT TUB - what - you got some special atmospheric weather conditions down there in your neck of the woods???

Nothing special Duane. Got the heater turned off and occasionally add some fresh 35 degree well water and it becomes the backyard pool!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We made it to Burlington. Miss you guys already! We had such a great time and want to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome. Eric and I were commenting how inclusionary you guys are and we really appreciated it.

Next Vermont trip recommendation: Burlington. Seems like a really neat town so far. :)

Must go get ready for the big storm. We're really close to the lake and they're saying possible 60 mph winds. Eeps.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Greg,Beth,Fran and Carol,
I Really had a Great time this weekend. You guys did a outstanding job.
Margaret DeLibero-Minor
P.S. Greg New York really was good,but Vermont was SUPER!!!!

Right on Margaret but NY didn't have any closets so Vermont had an unfair advantage!! Can't wait to see you guys in MD!

frano

I've got a rather long and weird story to tell about preminition--so here goes. I mow a few lawns a week for our family business and today was work day for me. Like most employees, Monday's thoughts reflect the past weekend's experiences and my thoughts were of the fun we had and the new friends we made in Vermont.
During the rally, Ed mentioned that his GPS took him way West and asked me if there was a better way home. I mentioned a straight shot down Route 7 south would take he & Pat to the Mass pike more efficiently. Around 10:30 this morning I'm mowing a corporate front lawn on Route 7 in Pittsfield, MA and wondering if Ed took Route 7 or not. For whatever reason, at that very moment, I looked up and watched Pat & Ed go by with their truck and Bighorn. I waved in amazement, but don't think I got their attention. Holy crap I thought, what's the chances of that happening? !

Last edited:

Hick1

We wish we had seen you!!! Glenn called Ed to tell us about your post and I was on the phone. Did you get my email re your friends who were at the campground? Charlie and Sue Bateman.
Pat & Ed

frano

We wish we had seen you!!! Glenn called Ed to tell us about your post and I was on the phone. Did you get my email re your friends who were at the campground? Charlie and Sue Bateman.
Pat & Ed

Spoke to Sue this AM--they enjoyed playing cards with you guys. They're good people.

frano

We made it to Burlington. Miss you guys already! We had such a great time and want to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome. Eric and I were commenting how inclusionary you guys are and we really appreciated it.

Next Vermont trip recommendation: Burlington. Seems like a really neat town so far. :)

Must go get ready for the big storm. We're really close to the lake and they're saying possible 60 mph winds. Eeps.

If time permits, checkout the Shelburne Museum and Smugglers Notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.