EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Kennewick - 5/10/2018 to 5/14/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardsrr

Robert Richards called to let us know that he and Debbie will not be able to make this rally or the Oregon rally. They are helping out a friend in Gold Beach(?). Good news is that they still plan to be at the Jackson rally in September.

Thanks for posting this Doug & Doris! ...Just wanted to let our HOC friends know that at the last minute we had to cancel both the Kennewick & Silverton Rallies. We have friends that own and operate the Rouge River Landing RV Resort (http://www.rogueriverlanding.com/about-us.html ) as well as the adjacent restaurant "Landing on the Rogue" (https://www.facebook.com/pg/thelandingontherogue/about/?ref=page_internal ) on the South Bank of the Rogue River in Gold Beach, Oregon. They have requested Debbie help them Run the Kitchen for this season (May thru early September) as they are in need of some help.

The small RV park on the bank of the Rogue River as well as the cul-de-sac across the street from the restaurant has full hook-ups. If you get a chance stop by for a visit. See Y'all at the Jackson Rally in September!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...976435dfd6fc5!8m2!3d42.4296502!4d-124.3981611

mlpeloquin

Unable to make the rally. I noticed that the rear of the fifth wheel was starting to track to the drivers side. Thankfully we were only five miles from our first stop. Bad news it was late Saturday. I could not get anyone out on Sunday. Then I called Coach Net. They located a big rig teh that showed up this Morning. Three hours later the hanger was patched together. The other three have small stress cracks in them, so it is back home for us. Pictures:

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

RenoJim

Unable to make the rally. I noticed that the rear of the fifth wheel was starting to track to the drivers side. Thankfully we were only five miles from our first stop. Bad news it was late Saturday. I could not get anyone out on Sunday. Then I called Coach Net. They located a big rig teh that showed up this Morning. Three hours later the hanger was patched together. The other three have small stress cracks in them, so it is back home for us. Pictures:

View attachment 57707

View attachment 57708

View attachment 57709

Ouch, sorry to hear that, you’ll be missed!

SNOKING

We are in Madras, Or at the county fair grounds RV park with 200 miles to go tomorrow(Wednesday). They like rallies here according to the work camper that checked us in. We left Chula Vistas, Ca on Saturday doing 250 miles + or - a day. Bypassed LA on I-15. We just had a hail storm and high winds pass thru the area. Chris

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in Madras, Or at the county fair grounds RV park with 200 miles to go tomorrow(Wednesday). They like rallies here according to the work camper that checked us in. We left Chula Vistas, Ca on Saturday doing 250 miles + or - a day. Bypassed LA on I-15. We just had a hail storm and high winds pass thru the area. Chris

I think we had that same weather system here last evening. See you this afternoon. Safe travels.

SNOKING

Anyone one here at the rally have experience adjusting the water pump pressure and cutoff settings. Our pump cycles 4-6 times each time you turn the water off.

Second question. I know some owners have replaced their compartment door slam locks with ones from RV Locks. We damage a OEM one the other day, and need a new one, wondering if someone has their originals taking up space in their belly storage. I can get a new one on Amazon for 44 bucks, just thought someone might want to sell one here?

When boating, we use to have a sessions once it a while where the guys would get together and talk boat maintenance issues, while the first mates got together and talked about first mate issues!:confused: I do not see anything like that on our schedule here. Good idea???????:cool: Chris

Grampafish

Chris, Talk to Mark, Rod or Jarrod about the water pump. Although others might have experience as well. You could also ask at the meet and greet (ice cream social) tonight. That would also be a good time to ask about a door slam lock. Lastly, we haven't scheduled a tech talk but when we get together around the campfire (aka fire pits) there are usually significant conversations about tow vehicles, trailer issues and fixes.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Anyone one here at the rally have experience adjusting the water pump pressure and cutoff settings. Our pump cycles 4-6 times each time you turn the water off.

Second question. I know some owners have replaced their compartment door slam locks with ones from RV Locks. We damage a OEM one the other day, and need a new one, wondering if someone has their originals taking up space in their belly storage. I can get a new one on Amazon for 44 bucks, just thought someone might want to sell one here?

When boating, we use to have a sessions once it a while where the guys would get together and talk boat maintenance issues, while the first mates got together and talked about first mate issues!:confused: I do not see anything like that on our schedule here. Good idea???????:cool: Chris

Chris,

Here is a video that shows the adjustment. Its really pretty simple.

Quick review of the steps involved in adjusting the pressure switch of a SHURflo water pump talked about in the video:

1. You don’t need to take the pump out of the camper – or take the pressure switch apart!
  2. Look for the allen screw on the top of the pressure switch
  3. Turning clockwise will result in a more sensitive switch (more likely to cycle)
  4. Turning counterclockwise makes the pump less likely to cycle
  5. Use your shower and determine when the pump cycles
  6. Turn the allen screw counterclockwise until the pump no longer cycles while the shower is on (the pump should remain on while you are taking a shower, and turn off when you shut the shower fixture)
Important to remember: you don’t want the pump turning off when you’re taking a shower!

​Rod

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Chris, Talk to Mark, Rod or Jarrod about the water pump. Although others might have experience as well. You could also ask at the meet and greet (ice cream social) tonight. That would also be a good time to ask about a door slam lock. Lastly, we haven't scheduled a tech talk but when we get together around the campfire (aka fire pits) there are usually significant conversations about tow vehicles, trailer issues and fixes.
I have a whole box of factory slam latches. "AT HOME" :(
if you dont find one i can send you one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Sorry to have missed this rally. Karol is recovering from surgery. Saw Mark and Kristy going through Bend the other day and Fred and Gloria over by the Elks this morning getting onto the 97 @ Empire. See you all in Jackson!

SNOKING

Welcome to Washington, the land of green trees and grass.

rain.golf_.jpg

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry to have missed this rally. Karol is recovering from surgery. Saw Mark and Kristy going through Bend the other day and Fred and Gloria over by the Elks this morning getting onto the 97 @ Empire. See you all in Jackson!

It was good to talk to you the other day. Wish you were here. Give Karola hug from us and tell Beau his girlfriend misses him.

Kristy

SNOKING

We are headed out early Sunday morning. We left our NW park in late Sept last year and have to get back for service on the septic system on Monday. We have two lots in the park and will put the Bighorn on our guest/parking site while they dig down to the septic lid which appears to be 4-6' deep. Dean and Jodi are at the same summer park and their septic system also needs servicing.

We had a great time at the rally and meeting all the Heartland family members. Chris and Darlene

For20hunter

Thanks for joining us Chris and Darlene!! We look forward to seeing you both at future rallies!!

Rod

Grampafish

We are headed out early Sunday morning. We left our NW park in late Sept last year and have to get back for service on the septic system on Monday. We have two lots in the park and will put the Bighorn on our guest/parking site while they dig down to the septic lid which appears to be 4-6' deep. Dean and Jodi are at the same summer park and their septic system also needs servicing.

We had a great time at the rally and meeting all the Heartland family members. Chris and Darlene

Chris and Darlene, so glad you were able to change your reservations so you could attend the rally. Nice spending time with both of you.

paulh

Thank you Doug & Doris for all your hard work in putting on another organized and fun rally. Queen Doris's artistic talents were evident at each event, especially the Mothers Day tea. It was also fun seeing everybody and catching up again. Everybody travel safe.

SNOKING

Chris and Darlene, so glad you were able to change your reservations so you could attend the rally. Nice spending time with both of you.

We arrived back at Lake Connor Park to a surprise. They had already dug down the the septic tank lid and installed a raiser to ground level with a nice green plastic lid installed. This is under the back of the trailer when parked. I think that they can pump it out without moving the trailer, so we went ahead and parked on the main lot with 50 amp service vs our guest/parking lot across the street that has 30 amp service. So several pluses: 1. DTV Sat 2. 50 amps 3. stairs and porch. 4. More sun

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20180513_134944.jpg
    IMG_20180513_134944.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 14

For20hunter

We arrived back at Lake Connor Park to a surprise. They had already dug down the the septic tank lid and installed a raiser to ground level with a nice green plastic lid installed. This is under the back of the trailer when parked. I think that they can pump it out without moving the trailer, so we went ahead and parked on the main lot with 50 amp service vs our guest/parking lot across the street that has 30 amp service. So several pluses: 1. DTV Sat 2. 50 amps 3. stairs and porch. 4. More sun

Chris

Happy you guys made it home safe Chris. Hopefully we will see you at a rally down the road soon.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.