EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi All,
Well I have to tell everyone that we will not be able to attend the HH ralley next month. Jim has been
having increasing discomfort in his right hand and arm and will be having carpal tunnel surgery. Because
it is very difficult to get a "date" with the surgeon there is a good chance it could be scheduled the same
week as the rally. We really will miss seeing you all and hope we can get together at another Heartland
event.

Jim and Harriet,

You guys will definitely be missed but your health is more important than any rally.

Hope you get a surgery date soon. Let us know how it turns out please.

troybilt71

Sorry Jim and Harriet hope you get healed up. Terry I am not sure you would want to travel with us. When the boy says he has to go potty we have to stoppy quite quickly. We will hopefully be on the road around 9ish. I sure hope it is the warm enough for a dip in the pool. I am ready to do some swimming. So looking forward to some camping.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Jim & Harriet, sorry that you will not make, like Larry said you need to take care of your health first. Troy the pool is warm and ready for you to swim. You will have your choice of 2 pools to choose from.

SouthernNights

We are now less than 3 weeks away form the SC/NC Hilton Head Rally. This is a a beautiful resort with lots to do.

I am getting excited about getting together with friends and making new ones.

If anyone one is traveling down 95 or 26/95 to get here, there are several people traveling together. I f you would like to join us, please post here.
Tentative schedule is a few of us are going down on Wednesday and then a bigger party on Thursday.

There is a rest area just below Exit 53 on 95 that is a good meeting point for those coming in from the north.

If you would like to convoy with someone, post here and maybe hook up with someone along the way.

Once you get off 95 at exit 8, it is a straight shot to Hilton Head. The resort will be on your left as soon as you get onto to the island.

Very easy driving. Just watch for the resort sign on your left when getting onto the island.

If you want specific landmarks, Dale can give you a few to look for. They make this trip quite often. Dale and Michelle and own a lot in Hilton Head Harbor . Weather permitting, most of the activities (like breakfast) will be at their site.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim and Harriet, sorry to hear that you guys can't make the rally. Believe me I know something about the pain Jim is experiencing. Hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Troy, our travel plans are still up in the air. Not sure if we will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. If we leave Thursday morning it will probably be around 4:00 a.m. and then hook up with Lance and Kem along the way.We probably won't know when we are leaving until the week of the rally. As Larry said if anyone would like to convoy with us to the rally just post it here and we will make arrangements to meet you.From Taylorsville,we will be traveling locally down I-40 east a few miles to I-77 south to Columbia,SC. As Gus said in an eariler post since we are going to travel with Lance beter have your deflector shields up,(as Captain Kirk from Star Treck would say). LOL. Getting excited and looking forward to it.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Like Larry said its very easy to get to the R.V. Resort if you have any questions please get with us. Looking forward to the rally

troybilt71

Terry dont forget you can run 16 to 485 to 77 and skip some of the rougher parts of 40 and 77. I dont know if that would work for you or not. Just a thought, since the new part of 16 is open. Even mapquest says to go 16. lol

ncc1701e

Jim and Harriet, sorry to hear that you guys can't make the rally. Believe me I know something about the pain Jim is experiencing. Hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Troy, our travel plans are still up in the air. Not sure if we will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. If we leave Thursday morning it will probably be around 4:00 a.m. and then hook up with Lance and Kem along the way.We probably won't know when we are leaving until the week of the rally. As Larry said if anyone would like to convoy with us to the rally just post it here and we will make arrangements to meet you.From Taylorsville,we will be traveling locally down I-40 east a few miles to I-77 south to Columbia,SC. As Gus said in an eariler post since we are going to travel with Lance beter have your deflector shields up,(as Captain Kirk from Star Treck would say). LOL. Getting excited and looking forward to it.

We are planning on spending a couple nights in Waynesville, NC at Creekside RV and head on down to Hilton Head on Wednesday 18th. Looks to be about 330 from Waynesville down I40 - I26 - 195. We are hoping to be in Hilton Head by 4PM on Wednesday.

Tom & Millie

SouthernNights

We are planning on spending a couple nights in Waynesville, NC at Creekside RV and head on down to Hilton Head on Wednesday 18th. Looks to be about 330 from Waynesville down I40 - I26 - 195. We are hoping to be in Hilton Head by 4PM on Wednesday.

Tom & Millie

Tom, that might fit right into our plans. Eric and Dorothy, and us were planning to be in Hilton Head about the same time. Maybe we could meet up with y'all at the rest area.

trdeal

Terry dont forget you can run 16 to 485 to 77 and skip some of the rougher parts of 40 and 77. I dont know if that would work for you or not. Just a thought, since the new part of 16 is open. Even mapquest says to go 16. lol
Thanks Troy! That would be easy enough for us to do and would be about the same distance to Charlotte. We will keep that in mind. I-77 between Statesville and Charlotte is very rough especially in the right hand lane.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're beaming down on Wed afternoon, Apr 18th and spending the evening at the KOA in Wade, NC (Just outside the Fayetteville/Ft Bragg area). Be arriving at Hilton Head around noon-1:00pm Thursday. See y'all there!

SouthernNights

We're beaming down on Wed afternoon, Apr 18th and spending the evening at the KOA in Wade, NC (Just outside the Fayetteville/Ft Bragg area). Be arriving at Hilton Head around noon-1:00pm Thursday. See y'all there!

Cool Scotty. Maybe you can catch up with Spock and Kirk and McCoy when they hit 95. Sounds like their timing is on line with yours.

BTW. stayed at that KOA. Very nice-two very clean pools for relaxing!!!

Y'know, just a thought. A star trek theme would be pretty cool for a rally. I am not really a trekky but Tom is (ncc1701e) is. He could help to make sure it was done right.

ncc1701e

Cool Scotty. Maybe you can catch up with Spock and Kirk and McCoy when they hit 95. Sounds like their timing is on line with yours.

BTW. stayed at that KOA. Very nice-two very clean pools for relaxing!!!

Y'know, just a thought. A star trek theme would be pretty cool for a rally. I am not really a trekky but Tom is (ncc1701e) is. He could help to make sure it was done right.

Looks like I'd better brush up on my Klingon................... Qapla!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Larry, Terry and Dale, Santha and I were sure hoping to make the rally but this warm weather this early in the year has put me in catchup mode.
We are sure that you will have fun but it would fun for us if we could attend. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SouthernNights

Larry, Terry and Dale, Santha and I were sure hoping to make the rally but this warm weather this early in the year has put me in catchup mode.
We are sure that you will have fun but it would fun for us if we could attend. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Sorry to hear that but paying bills is very important too. Maybe we will catch up with each other soon.

trdeal

Randy and Santha and the poodles, sorry to hear that you can't make the rally, but as Larry said, you got to pay those bills. Looking forward to seeing you in October if not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.