EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: CO, Aurora - 5/2/2014 to 5/4/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Cherry Creek State Park offers full hookups with both 30 amp and 50 amp. There are back-ins and pull thru sites and the hookups are side-centrally located on the sites. There should be no need for an adapter. You will need a water hose for hook-up (a white hose is for drinking water, Walmart has these, as does Camping World) and a regular garden hose for general-use rinsing (you don't want to use your white drinking water hose on your septic hookup).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'll try to stop by for a few minutes Saturday evening after I get out of work . . . probably around 6 p.m. or a little after.

Wow, I wish we would have been able to make this trip. I have the pex tools if more were needed and could have showed off our new solar and battery solution. Hopefully we can make the next trip. Have fun everyone.

JohnD

Wow, I wish we would have been able to make this trip. I have the pex tools if more were needed and could have showed off our new solar and battery solution. Hopefully we can make the next trip. Have fun everyone.

Our house is plumbed with the Qest (grey plastic) plumbing . . . I've become an expert at fixing that stuff!

Ironically, the very night we signed the papers on our house 18 years ago we were standing in the livingroom of our empty, brand new house . . . taking it all in, when were heard a 'pop' followed by a 'hiss' . . . only to discover a Qest plumbing leak at the top of the water heater!

And since it was after 10 p.m. . . . nothing was open to get any plumbing supplies . . . :mad:

Needless to say, I found out right out of the starting gate where our water shut-off was down in the crawl space!

And since then, it always seems like holidays and weekends the plastic Qest plumbing likes to take a leak at the most in-opportune moments.

Pex has replaced the Qest stuff, and I am just now starting to get used to it.

Matter of fact . . . just had another leak in the wall of our upstairs bathroom a couple of weeks ago . . . and I just happened to have the right spare parts on hand to fix without 20 trips to Home Depot! :p

Here is the key . . . almost every leak we've ever had in the last 18 years have been in the hot water lines . . . not the cold water lines.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
What a great camp-out!!
We had a fun M&G as well!
Everyone is looking forward to other future camp-outs:)

JohnD

It was fun meeting everyone Saturday night when I stopped by and can't wait to get down for the next rally in Colorado Springs in three weeks!

We'll be there with our Heartland Trail Runner this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.