EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: TX, Lake Brownwood - 9/30/2016 to 10/2/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I sent a couple of PMs to all who have reserved a site, and we are getting excited to attend this campout. Weather looks to be great!

MCTalley

Got your PMs. We're on the way. In Lake Charles, LA (actually Westlake) visiting with the Grimes this evening.

TravelTiger

dcf62f9492db1a13fc2091d0c8becb80.jpg
eed1c1db0792af75d46168775fa21362.jpg

Enjoying a campfire tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

We caravanned to Underwood's BBQ Cafeteria in Brownwood, today for lunch. Jeff and Lisa rode their motorcycle, plus two duallies and us in our small SUV.

We had a great lunch, as evidenced by the empty plates!

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

TravelTiger

The group pic, thanks to Malcolm Talley.

IMG_1641_ED.jpg

Also from Malcolm, our amazing night ski view from the campground.

IMG_1637.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 22

MCTalley

This is a great campground for star-gazing. When I saw the Milky Way stretching from horizon to horizon the first night, I had to double-check my star gazer app to make sure it wasn't just a band of clouds. Amazing!

Thanks for a fun campout! We had a great time.

VKTalley

This is a great campground for star-gazing. When I saw the Milky Way stretching from horizon to horizon the first night, I had to double-check my star gazer app to make sure it wasn't just a band of clouds. Amazing!

Thanks for a fun campout! We had a great time.

i second that! Thanks for a great relaxing time, Erika and Tony!

Ted_Dee

Erika and Tony thank you for a great campout. It was great to finally meet Valerie and Malcolm and Lisa and Jeff. We had a wonderful time. Where are we going next weekend?

TravelTiger

Erika and Tony thank you for a great campout. It was great to finally meet Valerie and Malcolm and Lisa and Jeff. We had a wonderful time. Where are we going next weekend?

Thanks Ted, but for us, the month of October has been renamed "Bandtober" -- pretty much every weekend a band competition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Some interesting facts about our attendees:

3 of the 4 coaches were Big Country brand

3 of the 4 coaches were West Texas Chapter Members

3 of the 4 coaches actually don't reside in West Texas Chapter area

3 of the 4 coaches hadn't met the other attendees (in person) before the event

All coaches still had one or more working persons (not retired)

All coaches were 2015 or newer

So glad for those that could attend, we had a great time becoming a closer Heartland Family!

(and those that could not, we missed you!)

DaveTyler

Erika and Tony and rest of Lake Brownwood Campout,

Just wanted to say to all that we sure missed everyone! Thank you so much for the Get well card for Kathy. Even at this time it is a tough fight. The Shingles is Bad! About all one can say.
Thanks for all the prayers and so forth. Still pain today and eye still closes shut. Time is what is needed. Offered to take her to buy quilt material today and she declined! Sure way of knowing
she is not well!! Not sure what this will do to scheduled knee replacement? October 31st. Your pictures look really good except for Ted. Just kidding. If any of you get close, can have a campout here.
Thanks again! Dave And Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.