EVENT: Heartland Owners Campout: OH, Berlin - 05/05/2023 to 05/07/2023

Added to Calendar: 05/03/23, 05/04/23, 05/05/23, 05/06/23, 05/07/23

explorer2316

Explorer2316
There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin, Ohio for Cinco De Mayo in 2023. Arrival and departure dates vary, but all span May 5th. This will be our third (tres) year gathering around this day. 2023 remains a loosely organized gathering of Heartland friends, willing to deal with ever-changing spring weather as it occurs in Ohio. If the weather looks bad for May 5th we may move the festivities +- a day.

Here's a little more about this event.

-There are no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th.

-There is no group of sites reserved, so everyone is on their own to make reservations.

-There are three areas in this campground - Lower, Upper, and Gravel.

-Several of us are in the lower section but you may camp in any area of the campground.

-Depending upon when and what area you book, only 30 amp sites may be available.

-We will probably try to throw a pot luck together one evening.

-We will probably go to Mrs. Yoders Kitchen one evening.

-May 5th I'll cook some breakfast burritos on the grill and Chicken Fajitas in the evening. The rest of the day will evolve as it will.

-The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. That's a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country. This park is a no frills park and does NOT have public bathrooms or showers. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. They have free fire wood! This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park, close to a flea market, local shops, wineries, and where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening . The campground does not take credit cards. They are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a small deposit check to confirm your reservation.

Here is a link to the website and the campground information so you can check out all the details of the park and the tons of stuff to do in the area.

Scenic Hills RV Park
Phone: 330-893-3607
Email: shrvp@wifi7.com
Address: 4483 TR 367
Millersburg, OH 43654
https://www.scenichillsrvpark.com

We arrive 5/1/22, depart 5/8/22, and are on site 106.

If you have already booked, or when you do book, please let me know or add yourself to the google sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RNSM_Yxpg0_fQ4Huwas462PJ3YscuXi72t-F8omnQFg/edit

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at:

explorer2316@icloud.com
Blake BennettB5CA490E-0EDD-4EEC-89CD-C30B4492D848.jpeg

Event Type
  1. Campout
Last edited:

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Hi Blake and Sue,
We made reservations for the Campout in May. Arriving on May 1st - depart May 8th. We will be on Site 54. Miriam said there was no more room in the lower level. See you then. I was not able to put our name on the list because it is view only.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
I’m glad you guys are going to make it!
I added you to the google sheet.

Excelente gracias por avisarme!
Excellent thank you for letting me know!

There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin, Ohio for Cinco De Mayo in 2023. Arrival and departure dates vary, but all span May 5th. This will be our third (tres) year gathering around this day. 2023 remains a loosely organized gathering of Heartland friends, willing to deal with ever-changing spring weather as it occurs in Ohio. If the weather looks bad for May 5th we may move the festivities +- a day.

Here's a little more about this event.

-There are no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th.

-There is no group of sites reserved, so everyone is on their own to make reservations.

-There are three areas in this campground - Lower, Upper, and Gravel.

-Several of us are in the lower section but you may camp in any area of the campground.

-Depending upon when and what area you book, only 30 amp sites may be available.

-We will probably try to throw a pot luck together one evening.

-We will probably go to Mrs. Yoders Kitchen one evening.

-May 5th I'll cook some breakfast burritos on the grill and Chicken Fajitas in the evening. The rest of the day will evolve as it will.

-The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. That's a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country. This park is a no frills park and does NOT have public bathrooms or showers. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. They have free fire wood! This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park, close to a flea market, local shops, wineries, and where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening . The campground does not take credit cards. They are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a small deposit check to confirm your reservation.

Here is a link to the website and the campground information so you can check out all the details of the park and the tons of stuff to do in the area.

Scenic Hills RV Park
Phone: 330-893-3607
Email: shrvp@wifi7.com
Address: 4483 TR 367
Millersburg, OH 43654
https://www.scenichillsrvpark.com

We arrive 5/1/22, depart 5/8/22, and are on site 106.

If you have already booked, or when you do book, please let me know or add yourself to the google sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RNSM_Yxpg0_fQ4Huwas462PJ3YscuXi72t-F8omnQFg/edit

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at:

explorer2316@icloud.com
Blake Bennett
Hi, Lynn and Jodie Kingsbury are on site B. We’ll be there May 4-7. I made the reservation back in November but I forgot to put it on the sheet. See you all then.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Hi, Lynn and Jodie Kingsbury are on site B. We’ll be there May 4-7. I made the reservation back in November but I forgot to put it on the sheet. See you all then.
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

I added you to the sheet.

We are in the Caribbean right now and will start planning thing when we get home!

explorer2316

Explorer2316
@PALTeam I'm finally getting around to emails from when we were on the cruise. (Sorry!)
I see you are listed on the google sheet so we are all set. Thanks!

kkamshop

We are coming in on the 4th. Looking forward to seeing everyone, I have no idea what site number...

explorer2316

Explorer2316
We are coming in on the 4th. Looking forward to seeing everyone, I have no idea what site number...
@kkamshop
Great! When you know what site you can add it to to google sheet. Take a look at the events tab too.

If you have problems let me know!

Blake

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Got a new EZUp and some serious anchoring, no repeat of last year! Still apologizing to Mike and Justina.

Getting ingredients around for Spanish Rice; am thinking side dish with chicken fajitas on the 5th?

Mike-n-Justina

Mike and Ruth Leach will joining our party. They are up in the gravel area. Not sure what site number. Blake let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
To all of you who attended the CincoDe Mayo campout, Sue and I would like to say thanks! Time is the one thing we have that is not unlimited. The fact that you came and shared your time with us means more than you know.

Overall, I believe this year’s event was the best to date. The weather is always unpredictable however, our great and wise weather maker provided us with two perfect days right on schedule.

I do need to apologize for having underestimated the amount of tequila needed! For next year I had this thought. Since this was our 3rd or tres, and we consumed 3 liters of tequila, next year is our 4th or cuatro. I’m thinking I need to bring 4 liters??? Just want to be prepared!

During our Cinco De Mayo event we had a special visitor from Heartland, Joaquin Garza. Thanks to Joaquin and his wife for joining us a bringing beverages.

While I enjoyed cooking funnel cakes, breakfast burritos, chicken quesadillas, and hotdogs I really appreciated everyone’s help and support. Many hands really do make a heavy load light.

While there are so many to thank for support during our time together I would like to say a special thanks to Mike and Justina for all their help and especially for bringing a piñata. So much fun was had beating at an indestructible donkey!

While there was no cost to attendees for this campout, we know many of you contributed much to make this a success. Also, while totally unnecessary, your generous contribution towards next year’s event is humbling. Thank you…..

Additionally, I’d like to offer a special thanks to all those who made the pot luck one of the best I’ve ever experienced. There was a wide range of dishes, all outstanding!

This year we also were able to have a prize event, thanks to Amber. She organized vendors to donate items and provided items on behalf of Heartland. We held a modified poker run event to distribute the items.
  • In 1st place was Bill and Sue Coquillard. They received a 507 tire monitor sensor with 4 cap sensors provided by TST.
  • In 2nd place was Fred and Diane McLane. They received a 60 can roller cooler provided by Lippert.
  • In 3rd place was Nick and Dar Hanck. They received a grill set with case provided by Heartland.
  • In 4th place was Mike & Justina Crousser. They received a Heartland Hoodie.
  • In 5th place was Mark & Carrie Shurig. They received a Heartland Hoodie.
Moving on to next year’s campout, I’ll be posting the details in a separate post shortly but, here is a quick snapshot.

The campout will be May 2, 3, and 4th with the Cinco De Mayo being celebrated on Friday, May 3rd. We will be there Monday April 28th through May 6th. 15 sites are being held and are all down in the lower level. They are available to reserve now. As always you are free to reserve any site in the park you wish.

Once again, I can’t say how much Sue and I enjoyed our time with all of you! Thanks to everyone for everything!

Blake and Sue BennettIMG_8828.jpegIMG_8825.jpegIMG_4280.jpegIMG_8823.jpegIMG_8821.jpegIMG_4279.jpegIMG_4278.jpegIMG_4277.jpegIMG_8812.jpegIMG_4268.jpeg

Last edited:

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
SO MANY thanks to you two, too! The setup was great, the food was wonderful and the company was even better.

Looking forward to next year; we're reserved in site 122 again, Apr 30 - May 7.

Again, thanks ever so much for putting this together.

Mike-n-Justina

Mike and I want to thank Blake and Sue for such a fantastic campout. You both did an awesome job and we truly appreciate all your hard work. The weather was great and we got to meet a few new friends and see some old friends too. All the food at the pot luck was delicious. We really had some great cooks at this campout. The drinks went down good too.🍹 Didn't they Deb Atkinson. 🤣We have already reserved our same site for next year.