EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CA, Jackson - 9/19/2018 to 9/25/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffer

I was thinking we could set up somewhere in the park as well. Thanks Doug.

Z

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We just emailed to attend the Murder Mystery Thurs. 9/20

Leave it to PJ to find a clothing optional pickleball location! Lol

Kristy

Hope I5 opens or we will be cancelling.:(

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Kristy

We are hopeful it will reopen in time for us to get down. We are leaving home the 12th.... will be attempting to pull through the area on the 13th. I’m sure there will be lane restrictions and such while they repair damage and clean up the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gaffer

Kristy

Don't cancel just go through Reno.

For20hunter

We are hopeful it will reopen in time for us to get down. We are leaving home the 12th.... will be attempting to pull through the area on the 13th. I’m sure there will be lane restrictions and such while they repair damage and clean up the mess.

Hey Kristy....
Alternate route according to google maps only adds 1 minute to the trip per the map... through Klamath Falls and south on 97 appears to be a good alternative route 🤷🏻*♀️

BusManRG

Rod and Kelly....
Looking over your amazing schedule again, I see that TST is going to do a seminar. Do you know if they will have product for sale? Between Tork Lift and TST this could be a very expensive rally!!

Sandy

For20hunter

Pretty sure there will be.... at minimum he can take orders

F_Goose

PJ: sorry for the delayed response. We are still in for pickleball, but not sure if we need to travel a bit of a distance. We are signed up for a lot of the activities so there may be some conflicts. So of it's held at the park it would be great.

Thanks to all for setting this up.
Fred & Leslie

Gaffer

I-5 detours. Been looking at this. If you are coming south on I-5 from north of Eugene this detour will keep you clear of I-5 and it's detours. Adds only 17 miles to your trip.
Exit I-5 at Eugene and take the 58 over to the 97.
Take the 97 south through Klamath Falls and then the 39/139 towards Reno.
South of Reno near Carson City take the 88 over the hill to Jackson.

For those of us already on the 97 this route adds 40 miles to our normal route of 97 south to Weed and then down I-5.

Even if the 5 is open it will likely be one lane due to road repair and tree removal for awhile so there will still be considerable traffic on the existing detour through Burney.

From what I hear, the 88 is not a bad road from Carson City to Jackson. I am sure someone familiar with it will comment.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I-5 detours. Been looking at this. If you are coming south on I-5 from north of Eugene this detour will keep you clear of I-5 and it's detours. Adds only 17 miles to your trip.
Exit I-5 at Eugene and take the 58 over to the 97.
Take the 97 south through Klamath Falls and then the 39/139 towards Reno.
South of Reno near Carson City take the 88 over the hill to Jackson.

For those of us already on the 97 this route adds 40 miles to our normal route of 97 south to Weed and then down I-5.

Even if the 5 is open it will likely be one lane due to road repair and tree removal for awhile so there will still be considerable traffic on the existing detour through Burney.

From what I hear, the 88 is not a bad road from Carson City to Jackson. I am sure someone familiar with it will comment.

Hwy 88 is a great hwy and not to busy. It's a bit slower pace then hwy 80 but well worth the extra time.

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Dan and I would be interested in learning to play pickle ball. Would prefer it to be in or near Jackson.
its also depends on when.....
Thanks for setting this up.
Sally

Sonja

Doris and I will bring our net and extra paddles and balls. We will also bring tape. Since we will have every site in the park, we might be able to set up a temporary court there. Playing in Jackson seems like a fine option, though. Not sure how much we'd like to bounce around at a nudiresort. We have no interest in a 50 mile drive, either.

I am very interested in pickle ball. When playing outdoors, do I still bring my pickle ball shoes or wear something else. I have only played indoors. Sonja

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am very interested in pickle ball. When playing outdoors, do I still bring my pickle ball shoes or wear something else. I have only played indoors. Sonja

Sonja, any court shoes will do. I have pair of basketball shoes that I use for gym's wood floors and I don't wear them outside - but then am I even close to normal? I just want my indoor shoes to last for ever!

I have regular tennis shoes for outdoor courts.

Gaffer

Doug and I are planning to put on an introduction to pickleball. We hope to set up in the park. There may still be play in town with the locals. Right now that is looking like Thursday afternoon. Stay tuned for more information.

Last edited:

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Re: GOLF EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CA, Jackson - 9/21/18

Hello Golfers,

Just a reminder.... Today Friday September 14, is the last day to cancel....

We have 33 golfers signed up!

Dan Sullivan
dansully53@yahoo.com
408-314-5343 (leave a message)

Last edited:

paulh

Dan, you must be retired - you've lost track of time. Today is Friday the 14th. Looking forward to the golf !

Status
Not open for further replies.