EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Regional Rally Update:

Thank you to the 100 attendees with confirmed reservations for this rally as all have paid their deposits!
We have approval to go over the 100 level for this rally, but at this time that will not be implemented. We have made a few double sites to accommodate a few larger rigs and the 118 FHU sites will be distributed within the 100 attendees. We have ample other sites but they are only water & electric and decided not to use them for this rally.
Those on the waitlist, don't give up hope! You have seen how many from the waitlist we have cleared so far and we still have just over 9 months to go!

Bus Tours:
Heritage Tours is a non profit company supporting the Southern Colorado environment. They are offering tours half day and full day from $85 to $124 into Cripple Creek and the Royal Gorge. They can accommodate groups of 24 or 54 on a tour. If you are interested take a look at the attachment. Due to our busy Rally schedule, charters were not set up for these events. However, if enough want to go, they are willing to work on whatever itinerary you desire.

Attachments

• Royal Gorge Bridge - Cripple Creek Tour v2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

jbeletti

Regional Rally Update:

Bus Tours:
Heritage Tours is a non profit company supporting the Southern Colorado environment. They are offering tours half day and full day from $85 to $124 into Cripple Creek and the Royal Gorge. They can accommodate groups of 24 or 54 on a tour. If you are interested take a look at the attachment. Due to our busy Rally schedule, charters were not set up for these events. However, if enough want to go, they are willing to work on whatever itinerary you desire.

For those new to this area, Cripple Creek and Royal Gorge are really neat. We taken the Royal Gorge train twice since moving to CO a year ago.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We were thinking of stopping at Royal Gorge on the way to or from the rally. There seems to be lots to do in that area. Mark also want to ride the train up Pikes Peak.
Kristy

jbeletti

We were thinking of stopping at Royal Gorge on the way to or from the rally. There seems to be lots to do in that area. Mark also want to ride the train up Pikes Peak.
Kristy

All great ideas! The Cog railway is fun to do. And some people don't like to drive up to the peak. I just learned yesterday that it cost to drive up to the peak. Who knew! I guess it's $15 pp or $50 per car. Less than the Cog Railway I guess.

Gsneed

Regional Rally Update:

Thank you to the 100 attendees with confirmed reservations for this rally as all have paid their deposits!
We have approval to go over the 100 level for this rally, but at this time that will not be implemented. We have made a few double sites to accommodate a few larger rigs and the 118 FHU sites will be distributed within the 100 attendees. We have ample other sites but they are only water & electric and decided not to use them for this rally.
Those on the waitlist, don't give up hope! You have seen how many from the waitlist we have cleared so far and we still have just over 9 months to go!

Bus Tours:

Garry, what is included in the price? We may be interested...

Doublegranch

Gary:
Attendees only pay $20 per night for their RV site, that is full hook ups.
All the other expenses, catering, Mystery nights, 60's dance contest, entertainment is paid by
Heartland. That is why only Heartland Paid members with of course a Heartland RV are allowed to attend.

Now with all that said. I have a waitlist as this Rally has been sold out over a year ago! We have cleared a number from the waitlist so there still is a possibility....You will have to let me know if you want added to the waitlist.

Read the first post and you will get a picture of what all will be going on.

Gsneed

Gary:
Attendees only pay $20 per night for their RV site, that is full hook ups.
All the other expenses, catering, Mystery nights, 60's dance contest, entertainment is paid by
Heartland. That is why only Heartland Paid members with of course a Heartland RV are allowed to attend.

Now with all that said. I have a waitlist as this Rally has been sold out over a year ago! We have cleared a number from the waitlist so there still is a possibility....You will have to let me know if you want added to the waitlist.

Read the first post and you will get a picture of what all will be going on.

Hey Garry, I guess we have a misunderstanding. I am already on the list. I was asking about the Royal Gorge/Cripple Creek Tour.

Doublegranch

Gary:
Sorry, didn't have my list in front of me or I would have checked...
The full day tour is $125 and half day tour is $85...
Now this is with a full buss....either 24 or 54 seats.
If enough attendees want a tour, I will help facilitate the process, but the region will not charter the bus.
Each member of the group will have to call into a phone number that will be posted and make payment.
Deborah at Heritage said they could modify any tour to meet what the group wanted...
If we have enough interest, I will have Deborah set something up, post a phone number and you guys can book away!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We like to stay at the Royal View Campground near the Royal Gorge.

Here is a shot from our favorite site there:

RoyalGorgeBridgeCampsight-P1060982.jpg

Doublegranch

Jeff & Nanci:Just your post of interest is all I need to place you on the waitlist....I will update the list in a few hours.Thank you for the interest in this Rally and let's see what happens with the waitlist over the next few months.Safe Travels....Please PM me your email address for the Murder Mystery Invitation if you are cleared.- - - Updated - - -

Doublegranch

Rally UPDATE::::: SUPER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been given the okay to expand the Rally and contract for an additional part of the Colorado State Fairgrounds! This will allow everyone on the waitlist to be cleared!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW...Thank you JimB!!!!!.....Expected Attendance is: 114 RV's & 228 attendees......

The "expansion area" is located in the Horseshoe area. These are all full hook ups on a beautiful horseshoe road. Surrounded by grass, trees and a pond. Attendees for this area will pull in on the road and park at a back in angle, leaving space for one way TV traffic. All hookups are on the edge of the road. I will assign these sites for the larger 40 ft rigs, ie:cyclones, road warriors and larger Landmarks. Rear ramp useage will not be a problem for those that have them in this area! This area is about the same distance from the sites to the Rally hall as the original 100 sites. But the two locations are a couple of blocks from each other!

Since this was just approved and I am in the middle of mowing season at the ranch as well as preparing for the Sept schedule for the MT, CO & UT rally's, I will start clearing the waitlist late this evening. But you all know who is on the waitlist!

For now disregard any sites assigned on the posting. I will finalize the list once it is determined who owns all the larger RV's.

Special Note: Attendees assigned to this new area will arrive and enter the Fairgrounds from a different gate. You will have different instructions which will be posted after sites have been assigned.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Garry, We noticed you had us down for a Bighorn . We actually have a Landmark that is almost 42 ft.
Thanks! Ricky and Rachel

Doublegranch

Ricky:
Now you know you can't just order a new decal and call it a new name!!
Hey I will make the change...thanks for letting me know.

SIDE NOTE: Those attendees with RV's 40 ft and longer, let me know if I don't have you listed correctly...

Doublegranch

Rally information request:

For those with landmarks 40 ft & above, have any health disabilities or dogs please send me a PM right away so I may consider everything when making assignments. I will be as fair as possible and if it comes down to just selecting names, I will place the balance of the Landmarks in a hat and draw names. We have more Landmarks than sites in the new area, so a few will have a double site in the original area.
That said...Rat team with Large RV's, sorry you need to stay with your current assignments.
This will be a long process to get everyone assigned so be patient. Cyclones have already been moved to the new Expansion Area!

Doublegranch

Rally Waitlist Cleared:
Congrats to these 14 attendees who have been patiently waiting for a "miracle"....well it just happened! You guys are all cleared and I am really excited to greet you on the arrival in Pueblo, Colo.
Please send me a $20 Deposit to hold your site and PM me that yes you will be attending this Rally. Now remember, the deposit will be applied to your Rally Site Fees, however, should you cancel, the deposit is NON-Refundable.
Make payment to:
Garry Gilbert
PO Box 365
Sonoita, AZ 85637
If you have any questions, PM me.
I will need your check to finalize holding your site!

Missing are a few email address for the animated Murder Mystery Invitation. Noted below are the emails missing...
Also need help on the Rays from NV...we only spoke briefly in Goshen and I don't have any information on them....if someone knows them, have them PM me right away.

1. Paul & Cindy Robinson...LA...Need your email
2. Dennis & Alana Paulsen..CO..Need your email
3. Rex & Karen Bristion.....TX
4. Joe & Liz Dudek............CO...Need your email
5. Mark & Joan Thompson..
6. Glenn & Paula Martin....
7. Dave & Julie Yocum......FL
8. Walter & Linda West.....Fl.....Need your email
9. Steve & Patti Lester.....Ga...Need your email
10. Sheila & James Rays...NV...Need your email, HOC# Rig
11. Lewis & Jo Ann West...MS..
12. Don & Lynette Armour..AZ..Need your email
13. Bill & Linda Memmer....OR...Need your email
14. Jeff & Nanci Gettleman..IL..

Doublegranch

Adding one more:
Welcome our IL Chapter Leaders Paul & Elaine Schmidt...they just signed up and they are confirmed.
So our total now stands at: 115 RV's & 230 Attendees.
All I can say is WOW and while words can't express my appreciation I offer a simple heart felt phrase a " super big thank you" to everyone for supporting our first Mountain Regional Rally!!!!

Doublegranch

JohnD:
Between your Fireball and music, this should be a lot of fun!
Hope you are selecting great tunes for the 60's party!
I found some bell bottoms, what size do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.