EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MA, Middleboro - 7/17/2014 to 7/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I now somewhat understand the lack of returning calls from the KOA. I was attributing it to being closed for the winter but after emailing Pat on some unrelated matters I was informed she has transferred to Louisville South KOA in Kentucky. Well, that stinks for us but will work well for Kentucky should they decide to rally at her campground. She was an absolute dream come true as far as working as a team! Boston/Cape Cod KOA is a corporate facility and usually do not have frequent staff turnovers, or so I've been told!

The new manager is Mo and I will be touching base with him today. We've been here before (and probably will be again) so we'll use that experience to make a smooth transition with the new management. Time to reprint that Campground Agreement and get Mo's signature!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jjriker

Hey Deb, question about the deposits. I remember when I made the reservation that they said something about not being able to take the deposit until the new year because of how their system works. As far as I know, it was never charged to my card. It may also be related to Pat being transferred elsewhere. Do you know anything about when/if they will charge the deposit? Thanks! :)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Deb, question about the deposits. I remember when I made the reservation that they said something about not being able to take the deposit until the new year because of how their system works. As far as I know, it was never charged to my card. It may also be related to Pat being transferred elsewhere. Do you know anything about when/if they will charge the deposit? Thanks! :)

Jessica I know we had to wait for the actual site fees because it was too far in advance but I believe we paid our deposit based upon the rate at the time. I will sort this all out as soon as Mo calls me back.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I was emailed this question and will toss it out here hoping for the help of a local!

Hi Deb, We are going to Middleboro. Our granddaughter is coming along. After Middleboro we will be continuing to Maine, but Kelly has to return home for work. Do you know if after we hook up we will be able to drop her off at the Backbay Station? If you do not know do you know someone who would know that information?

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Back bay may not be where you want to drop her off - all depends on where she is going. But South Station is one hub and North Station is the second. A better option if she is headed south through NY would be the Rt 128 Canton station, since it is out of the city there will be more options to drop the trailer in a lot and get her to the station and it is not far out of your way really - about 12 miles round trip from the rt128/rt 3 split

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Further investigation reveled that this station is now called the Westwood, MA - Route 128 (RTE) station - not the Canton station that I had originally called it most trains will have a pickup at this station including the Acela Express trains. but still the best option if towing - I would not attempt to drive directly to the station when towing but drop the trailer off at an area parking lot and drive to the train station from there. Really none of the Boston train stations or for that matter, the City of Boston is recommended to be towing in. there is no place to stop or park on the surface streets of Boston for an RV in tow.

I would not recommend going into Boston with an RV other than through the City on the Hi-way.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This is a new one for me and I need your help! Seems to be getting tougher and tougher to get this done!

As you are aware we solicit companies for door prizes for our Northeast Region Rally. I received a request for 25 Facebook likes from Big Discount RV Parts who have donated to us in the past. So, please use the link below to give a "LIKE" to them and post a message that as a member of the Heartland Owners Club you appreciate their support! Once they get the 25 Likes they will put a gift package in the mail.

Let's do it! Only 25 likes - Let's go! Please post back when you have Liked them so I know we have accomplished our goal!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Discount-RV-Parts-Store/124906820914105

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Hey Deb - why not make a general plea on the open discussion forum???

'Cause ya know - some people just don't do fb.....

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Jim!

Duane I know you don't do Facebook and would like to participate this. I am just following the request made by the donor.

Ms. Debbie;
We would be more than happy to donate to your rally. We appreciate your business and know that it is people like you who make us tick!
All we ask of you is to pass the word and get at least 25 new Heartland owners to "Like" us on Facebook. Please have these individuals be sure to post that they are indeed part of the Heartland Owners Club, so we will know who they are. Once we receive 25 notifications, we will put your door prize in the mail!
INNuXlTgpYVtvgt4yfP7Rt8gpy-NeQeVVVvLaeJVm2_iBrIlm8nfuH7D1xRnIbaW7ThUSNJOxX7HILJ48p3wIaEtvnBJAm0nEDau2g=s0-d-e1-ft

Thanks again for your continued support. If there is anything we can help you out with further, let us know!
Sincerely,
April
Discountrvparts.com

Bighorn55

Did the " like" and comment. I counted 10 comments. I hope you're all enjoying the weather. I shoveled 18" of snow off the Bighorn today. More coming Saturday and Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Did the " like" and comment. I counted 10 comments. I hope you're all enjoying the weather. I shoveled 18" of snow off the Bighorn today. More coming Saturday and Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hey hey hey! Hi Steve and Mary. Glad you guys are taking care of the BH and making sure she is as comfortable as she can be given the snow accumulations we have had this winter. It's not the worst we have seen but it ranks up there for sure!

Stay warm, take care of your baby and we'll see you at the pool real soon. Hahaha! Thanks for helping us with your "Like"!

Finally made our reservations at the Northeast RV Show in Springfield, MA this weekend. We'll be there 7/17 - 7/21. Will be in site 310 since tHere were no 50A left in the sites that were reserved. Thanks - Ernie & Lin Crabtree

QUOTE=dbylinski;309974]

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 50
  • Site fee: See Below
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 7/18/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

• Event Leader: dbylinski(click to contact)

Additional Info:
ONLY 19 SITES REMAINING - LET'S SELL OUT!
Make your reservation today to be assured a site

_MG_4849%20-%20PLYMOUTH%20HARBOR-L.jpg

Boston/Cape Cod KOA is a perfectly manicured property and will be a great backdrop for our first visit to the
New England Shoreline.
Camp Is Located 40 Minutes From Boston and 15 Minutes From Plymouth Harbor on Cape Cod Bay Pictured Above.

We have chosen the Middleboro Food Bank
as our Heartland Gives Back Initiative for this event.
The Food Bank is managed by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
W
e will be contributing non-perishable food items and participating
in a community service project at their facility
where we will help them restock the shelves of the pantry.

THERE WILL BE A GOLF OUTING SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JULY 18th.

THERE ARE NO PATIO or 50 AMP SITES REMAINING!
Sites
Our 50 reserved sites are all back-in full hook up sites, most with 30 amp service. Site fees for 2014 have not been announced at this time. The current fee is $45.00 per night and the 2014 fees will be discounted according to the number of rigs attending. A 25% discount will be applied for 25 rigs or more. No other discounts including KOA Value Rewards will be accepted. There are a few premium Patio sites available and these will most likely book fast. They are back-in also with a block patio, lounge chairs and a round table and chairs. If a 50 amp site is necessary there are a few of those as well. The Premium Patio and 50 amp sites are on a first come first served basis. Our sites are in the 200 section of the campground. The 200 section sites are closest to the pavilion where our activity will take place. On the campground map the pavilion is located by the bathhouse in the 200 section. The discounted rates will apply throughout your entire stay.

A one night deposit (based upon this years rates) will be required to hold your site. Please DO NOT call the KOA 800 reservations number for this event. When you are making your reservation you will be asked for your HOC Membership # as club membership is necessary to attend this event. Please ask to speak with Angela or Pat. If they are unavailable please leave a message and they will return your call.

All unregistered sites will be returned to the campground on June 15, 2014. Following the return of these sites you may still call for reservations but you may not be sited with the group.

Cancellation Policy

Reservation Guarantee Deposit:
A credit card deposit equal to the registration charges for your first night is required to guarantee a reservation. Deposit charged at time of reservation.

Cancellation Requirements for Deposit Refund:
If you are unable to honor your reservation, call and cancel prior to these deadlines:
RV Sites: 48 Hours - Notify Boston Cape Cod KOA by 4 p.m. two days prior to arrival date. Reservations made after deadlines will require a non-refundable deposit.

Cancellation Charges:
A $10 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations made prior to deadline. Cancellations after deadline will result in forfeiture of all deposit.

Golf Carts
If you are wanting to bring your personal golf cart you are welcome to do so. Proof of insurance will be required upon check-in.

Dogs
KOA Corporate Office states "No Vicious Breeds". Please check with the campground about your specific breed when making a reservation. Some regulations have been relaxed for some breeds.

Guests
As we are planning to cater our meals we will have to charge meal fees to cover these costs. The exact charge will depend upon the meals attended by your guests as listed below. These charges only apply to members bringing guests and DO NOT apply to our membership with Rally Kidz in the immediate household. The Catered Meal Menus are shown below in the attachments.

Continental Breakfast = $5.00 per person
Pizza Party = $5.00 per person
Catered Brunch = $15.00 per person
Catered Dinner = $27.00 per person

Much more information will be posted in the future.

ATTENDEES:
1) Deb & John Bylinski - Site 309 (12th-21st)
2) Jerry & Bill Stewart - Site 261 (16th-21st)
3) Jessica & Harry Riker - Site 260 (17th-21st)
4) Beth & Greg Dean - Site 310 (16th-21st)
5) MaryAnn & John Proto - Site 311 (17th-21st)
6) Ginger, Jamie & Madison Walker Site 259 (15th-21st)
7) Betty & Don McGlynn - Site 312 (16th-21st)
8) Debbie & Duane Clause - Site 314 (7/16-7/22)
9) Lisa, John, JR & Nicole Miller - Site 268 (7/17-7/21)
10) Alice & Kimball Gillette - Site 258 (7/16-7/21)
11) Judy & Calvin Hicks - Site 313 (7/14-7/21)
12) Colleen & Jim Marigliano - Site 262 (7/17-7/21)
13) Billie Jo & Shawn Bunce - Site 257 (7/16-7/21)
14) Geri & Jim Reyes - Site 265 (7/17-7/21)
15) Kevin Barrett - Site 266 (17th-21st)
16) Eileen & Dave Betton - Site 263 (14th-21st)
17) Ann & Mike Walker - Site 267 (17th-21st)
18) Fran & Glenn Schaaf - Site 242 (16th-21st)
19) Pat Turgeon & Ed Hickman - Site 243 (16th-21st)
20) Phyllis & Hank Vogt - Site 244 (15th-21st)
21) Nancy & Jim Beletti - Site 313 (14th-21st)
22) Harriet & Jim Dahlgren - Site256 (16th-21st)
23) Jodi & Mike Vanderford - (Awaiting Site Confirmation)(Need Dates)
24) Bev & John Clickner - Site 247 (17th-21st)

25) Gayle & John Bauer - Site 248 (16th-21st)
26) Joann & Loren Smith
(Awaiting Site Confirmation)(Need Dates)
27) Karen & Don Law - Site 255 (16-21st)
28) Diane & Bob Frith - Site 246 (15th-21st)
29) Betty & Bob Floyd - Site ??? (16th-21st)
30) Sharon & Glenn Van Wickle - Site 253 (16th-21st)
31) Lisa & Tim Davin

Interested Golfers

Mike Walker
John Miller
Jim Dahlgren
JR Miller
Glenn Van Wickle

Here's The Important Information.....Don't feel like cooking???
Tuttabono Pizzeria & Mandarin Kyoto Chinese Restaurant Deliver To Camp!!!!!
Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.