EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MI, Ludington - 6/14/2018 to 6/17/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
How about we skip the white and mold, I mean green. Had to do it Dave

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Haven't made a reservation as yet, but we love Poncho's Pond. Probably coming in on Tuesday and leaving Sunday or Monday. Got the boss's approval tonight.

Sorry, but major changes have happened with the Batckes. We had an accident with the Bighorn in Southern Tennessee on the way to Florida and was able to get enough patched so we could continue on to our destination. We decided to wait until we got home to have the repairs made. However, the repairs were significant enough that the insurance company totaled out the unit. Unfortunately, a 2006 Bighorn is not worth all that much. We accepted the buyout and are now homeless as far as campers are concerned. My brother bought the unit from the insurance company and now has it on his hunting property.

We had been planning to attend both the Ludington event (we love Poncho's Pond) and the Empire rally and had hoped for the Goshen rally in 2019. Now plans have changed. We did talk about replacing the unit, but, at our age, it doesn't seem practical.

It's been great the past 13 years and thanks to all for all the help you gave us when we were Michigan chapter leaders. I still remember our first Goshen rally when there were only 20-some units there. How you all have made the club grow. We wish nothing but the best for all of you and the club and chapter.

TGLBWH

So sorry to hear of your misfortune Chuck and thanks for all you did for us and the club. Say hi to Sondra and keep in touch. You are always welcome to stop by and visit at any of the rallies. We would love to see you two.

ffdon

retired Michigan Chapter Leaders
Sorry, but major changes have happened with the Batckes. We had an accident with the Bighorn in Southern Tennessee on the way to Florida and was able to get enough patched so we could continue on to our destination. We decided to wait until we got home to have the repairs made. However, the repairs were significant enough that the insurance company totaled out the unit. Unfortunately, a 2006 Bighorn is not worth all that much. We accepted the buyout and are now homeless as far as campers are concerned. My brother bought the unit from the insurance company and now has it on his hunting property.

We had been planning to attend both the Ludington event (we love Poncho's Pond) and the Empire rally and had hoped for the Goshen rally in 2019. Now plans have changed. We did talk about replacing the unit, but, at our age, it doesn't seem practical.

It's been great the past 13 years and thanks to all for all the help you gave us when we were Michigan chapter leaders. I still remember our first Goshen rally when there were only 20-some units there. How you all have made the club grow. We wish nothing but the best for all of you and the club and chapter.
Chuck sorry to hear about your rig you'll be missed at the Empire rally for sure if you guys are in the area and want to drive in and stop by we'd love to see you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I unfortunately had to cancel from this rally...

Something has come up (nothing bad, but really good...will tell later), but I will need to be about 2000 miles away the weekend of this event!

I was so looking forward to attending this rally in my home state, however, I guess it will have to be one in the future!

I am planning on coming back to Michigan in October for my 40th class reunion, and if by chance there is something going on around that time I'll try to make that one!

Again, sorry for the cancellation and I know you will all have a blast!

I will be at the Mountain Regional HOC Rally in Pueblo, Colorado the weekend before and will be thinking of you guys while there!

By the by, I think I signed up for the T-shirt...I will still take that if possible or will donate it to the cause (can't remember if I paid for it yet).

Jarmuszd

Hi,

Doug and Kathy Jarmusz will attend. We were on the wait list and were just notified that we're in. So we're looking forward to attending. Our member #4646. We will be arriving on the 12th and departing the 19th. So excited to meet the group.

Doug

TGLBWH

Sorry you have to cancel John. We were looking forward to meeting you. try and catch the Indiana Rally in Elkhart in early October. Hope to see you there.

- - - Updated - - -

So glad the park was able to get you in Doug and Kathy. We look forward to meeting you two. Could you send me on email (gerry7476@gmail.com) or PM your T-shirt sizes.
As far as I know there is no one left on the wait list as of now

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well,I regret having to do this, but something reared its ugly head once again and we have to cancel this rally.
Have fun all y'all.

Peace
Dave

TGLBWH

The first post has been updated to a somewhat final form although we will probably make minor changers as we go along. Pretty much everything Planned is there. Getting close to hosting our first regional rally, can't wait!!!!

TGLBWH

Thanks for the interest in the rally. This is generally addressed In the first post of the rally thread but generally you would call the park and tell them you are with the Heartland Owners club group, make your reservation and pay as they require.
As for this rally, because it is a regional rally you must have a Heartland branded Rv to participate. As of my last speaking with them a few days ago the park is sold out and there is a waiting list. I would call the park because that could change day to day. Good luck and hope to see you there or at a another one.

ffdon

retired Michigan Chapter Leaders
HOW Can I register for the Rally and pay for it?
The Michigan rally is in August it's on the the 23rd through 27th in Empire Michigan at Indigo Bluffs Campground if that would interest you seeing as how the regional rally is booked we still have some openings would like to see you there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

TGLBWH

Will be hitting the road to get ready for the rally tomorrow. Hope i can get everything done today. I need some fun time

- - - Updated - - -

Golf is set up for Wednesday, 6-13 at Hemlock which is just a few miles from the park. I played there at a Michigan rally a few years back with Lou Dick and former member Curt Lynn. I hope the course is still as great as it was then.

RDsStudio59

Will be hitting the road to get ready for the rally tomorrow. Hope i can get everything done today. I need some fun time

- - - Updated - - -

Golf is set up for Wednesday, 6-13 at Hemlock which is just a few miles from the park. I played there at a Michigan rally a few years back with Lou Dick and former member Curt Lynn. I hope the course is still as great as it was then.
That's funny, I feel the same way. See you Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

- - - Updated - - -

holy crap is it that time already ? ��
let me know about road construction on the route.

mytruc

holy crap is it that time already ? ��
let me know about road construction on the route

Looking forward to the rally. On the road Monday morning and arrive on Tuesday. Can’t wait to get on the golf course. Hey Jerry, need any golf balls? Let me know. Dave and Karen.

Status
Not open for further replies.