EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: Rally Statistics UpdateTim

We are home and all the salt is off the trailer (hopefully).

Debra and Gus, thank you so much for a great rally and all the time and effort that goes into it!!!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Glag you guys are home safe and sound. Sam, (The Girls) miss you!

jnbhobe

Well here it is Sunday afternoon already !!! 1/2 the rigs are gone, Patti and I have met so many wonderful people and had a great time (except for that wind, Good thing I'm a big guy or I think I could blow away) A big thank you to Debra & Gus and Debbie & John and JB and everyone that helped them put on such a nice event. I know a good time was had by all. THANK YOU !!! Patti & Jon

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

We made it home safely around 1:30 this afternoon.Larry we are glad you and Sam did as well.We have everything out of the trailer and Renee is upstairs asleep.To many bugs on the front of our camper to try and clean today.We had a wonderful SC rally and Regional rally in NC with all you guys.We have made some great friends at these rallys.Friends that will last a lifetime.Thanks to Larry and Sam,Gus and Debra,John and Deb.,JB and to anyone else that helped to make both rallies a success.We are looking forward now to seeing you all in Mayberry in the fall.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Well, even though I'd rather still be fighting the Bighorn door against the wind, we are home safe! I can't express how special this has been for me. Everyone is so gracious and kind and we are thankful for the friendships we have made. Special thanks to Gus, Debra, Dave, Julie, Tim, Deb, Larry, Sam, Terry, Renee and of course JB. We really didn't want to leave and for some of you to get up at 5:30 to meet in the street to see us off brought a tear to my eyes. Our Heartland friends are the best! Looking foward to the next time we get together.

datrippj

Dennis and Lyndee Tripp
Our first Heartland rally and had a great time meeting new people and seeing all the Heartland products in one place. I want to thank Gus and Debbie for what you did to make this event such a successs. Would also want to thank Jim Beliti and Dave Yocolm. I especially want to thank all the volunteers behind the scenes.. I saw you!! To Kevin and Nelly: Everyone at "The Cove", Winston, Gary, Robert and Robin, ect., wanted to know how you guys are doing. Safe traveling good friends and have a great time! Again, we had a great and relaxing time with you folks and we are really looking forward to our next Heartland rally in Nashville. We Thank You All...

P.S. Feel free to call on us to help out on such events, would be happy to do so.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hated seeing folks leaving this morning. For those of us that were still here, we had a great pot luck dinner this evening. Man - was all that food good! Deb and I are heading for home in the morning. It's been a terrific two weeks for us with the back to back rallies. Thanks to everyone who helped us make the First Eastern Region Rally a great success. Sorry about the wind - guess the light winds requisition got misplaced somewhere! We'll see many of you again soon in New Jersey.

troybilt71

Thanks again to everyone who helped out and also to Heartland for sponsoring the event. We made it home safe and sound. Got all the bugs off the front and then quit. I will finish up this morning, man taking monday off was a good decision!!!!!!! Looking forward to Mayberry ,we are planing to come as of right now. Thanks again for everyone and everything.

jbeletti

Well, I am almost home. Sitting in Atlanta waiting for my flight to Chicago. My 6 am flight out of Atlantic City was delayed this morning due to weather in Atlanta.

I want to give a big thanks to Gus and Debra for coordinating the 2010 Eastern Regional Rally - WELL DONE!

Thanks also to Dave and Julie Yocum, Eastern Regional Directors for their assistance. Thanks to all the Chapter Leader couples present at the rally that assisted in many ways. Thanks to all the other volunteers that assisted Gus and his extended team to execute a great event.

Thanks to all you Heartlanders that were able to make the rally - you made it special and I trust that each of you strengthened existing relationships with other Heartlanders and made a few new connections as well.

For those of you that I met for the first time - it was my pleasure to meet you. For those who I already knew, it was awesome seeing you again (as always).

For those (5 couples!) who joined the Heartland Owners Club during the rally - thank you and congratulations!

Finally, for those of you who made this their first Heartland rally or perhaps their first RV rally, I hope the experience touched you in a positive way and that we will see you again and that you will go out of your way to meet other Heartlanders at campgrounds across North America and encourage them to engage with all of us on the forum, in the chat room, in campgrounds and at rallies.

Rally on and happy camping!

Jim B

PS: John and Deb B, You're the best! Thanks for diverting your home route to take me and my rig to Avalon CG in Clermont, NJ to drop and stage it for the NJ rally in 3 weeks, then drop me at my hotel, with your Bighorn attached! Who does that? Thanks :)

PPSS: Don't forget to look at the rally pictures in the gallery

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
PS: John and Deb B, You're the best! Thanks for diverting your home route to take me and my rig to Avalon CG in Clermont, NJ to drop and stage it for the NJ rally in 3 weeks, then drop me at my hotel, with your Bighorn attached! Who does that? Thanks :)

It was not a problem at all but we are going to save fuel and spend this weekend in the Landmark if you don't mind. (Just Kidding)

camperjohn08

Nancy and I made it home safely to Chesapeake, VA. Had an interesting eye popper on the way home though, an young girl driver, passed me on the right and then pulled 10 feet in front of us, and then slammed on her brakes to make a sudden left turn... I Slammed on the brakes, puckered up and prayed she got out of the way.. Us and the truck and trailer were really close, when she finally got out of the way.. Not a smart move on her part.. : o ((

I would like to Thank everyone for putting on a Great Rally, We both enjoyed ourselves very much.. The Company and conversations we good, and we made a few more friends.. The Dinners were great, especially the Pot luck Sunday Night.. We got some of the Greatest Cooks at these here Rallys. Thanks Gus and Debra, and we also enjoyed helping out when ever we could. Looking forward to the Next Rally we can attend. Lets just hope the winds are fair and the sky's are sunny... Missed the camp fire get togethers this time..

John & Nancy Latham

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Debra and I made it home safely. Passed Harvey and Jan Eaton around Fredericksburg (my foot gets heavier as I get closer to home). We got off at Exit 133 to get the rig washed and Harvey and Jan also got off and continued north on US17. Finally got unloaded and I even got the yard mowed. Off to put the rig back in storage now. Hope everyone had as great a time as Debra and I did, but I think I'll sleep for 20 hours tonight!

davebennington

Julie and I made it home without any problems. I was hoping for rain but it never materialized the most we saw was about 10 drops on the windshield not even enough to turn on the wipers. So tomorrow we have to wash the salt off the trailer and truck that will have to wait for now, because I am going to sit down some place where the wind is NOT blowing.

Dave

fordtech 2008

we made it home around 11:00, we had a great time at the rally,gus you did a great job, hope to see everybody at the broadway rally.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
:cool: WOW what a rally - great fun and meet lots of new friends. Nathan & I got home late afternoon Sunday after leaving at 4 a.m. (hope we didn't wake anyone up). Let me tell you how many deers there were on the side of the road between Waves and Rocky Mount - about 18 that we could see. Probably much more but I couldn't see their eyes in the headlights. See all of ya'll in Nashville. Also we are hoping and planning to attend the NC rally in October. :eek:

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We made it home around 3 p.m. and thankfully had an uneventful trip back. We want to thank Debra & Gus for all their hard work to put on such an awsome event and Jim B and Heartland for their many contributions as well. The catered dinner Saturday was fantastic. Good choice Gus. It was great to meet new folks and visit with our other Heartland friends. We are looking forward to seeing many of you again at Cape May.

Kelsey and Chance also want to thank everyone for all the treats and attention they received. Special thanks to Eric and Dorothy, Jack and Sue, and Sam and Larry. Last but not least thanks to Hallie, Eric, and Ash. The girls are really going to miss you guys.

Lazydaze

We made it home safe and sound. Took about 5 hours. All unpacked. We didn't have the energy Gus had to mow our lawn. That will have to wait. Had a great time with the back-to-back rallys. A big thanks :eek: to Gus, Debra, Larry, Sam and Jim plus all the others, behind the scenes, that put it all together.
Ash was sad, as we were, to leave all his new friends, but hopes to see them all at the PA rally in June.

Hallie, Eric and Ash
HOC #1438

Last edited:

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Santa at the ligh&.jpg LOL does anyone know how Santa got a vacation??? Someone call the elves- I think maybe this was an unauthorized trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.