EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, New Holland - 7/21/2016 to 7/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just remember, this is only for the Shady Maple catering that we will have Saturday evening at the campground. Everyone will be heading to Shady Maple Restaurant for the BIG "all you can eat" Buffet on Friday.

You won't need to buy much food at this rally.

Bones

Just a question for everyone. Are there any recommended roads to travel and roads we should stay off of while heading to the venue?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just a question for everyone. Are there any recommended roads to travel and roads we should stay off of while heading to the venue?

Jamie, of course, has been there but when I routed the CG on my phone the destination came up as default in Gap PA. Same route when I typed in New Holland...
The CG appears to be just off SR PA 897 and I see another CG along the same route so I'm not concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

From the campground website.

Directions
From Philadelphia– Take Pa Turnpike to exit 298, then take Route 23 West for 10 miles, then 897 South for 4 miles
From Lancaster– Go east on Route 340 for 10 miles, then north on Route 897 for 3 miles
From Baltimore– Go 83 North to 30 East to 340 East for 10 miles, then 897 North for 3 miles
From New York– Take New Jersey Turnpike south to exit 6, Pa Turnpike to exit 298, west on Route 23 for 10 miles, then 897 South for 4 miles
From Harrisburg– Route 283 East to 30 East to 340 East for 10 miles, then 897 North for 3 miles
From Louisiana- Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, then see above

Last edited:

Bones

I'm planning on coming up1 then 41 then right on 30 for a few thousand feet then left on 897. I just love going over that Conowingo Dam

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Directions
From Philadelphia– Take Pa Turnpike to exit 298, then take Route 23 West for 10 miles, then 897 South for 4 miles
From Lancaster– Go east on Route 340 for 10 miles, then north on Route 897 for 3 miles
From Baltimore– Go 83 North to 30 East to 340 East for 10 miles, then 897 North for 3 miles
From New York– Take New Jersey Turnpike south to exit 6, Pa Turnpike to exit 298, west on Route 23 for 10 miles, then 897 South for 4 miles
From Harrisburg– Route 283 East to 30 East to 340 East for 10 miles, then 897 North for 3 miles

What about directions from Louisiana? Lol

JWalker

I'm planning on coming up1 then 41 then right on 30 for a few thousand feet then left on 897. I just love going over that Conowingo Dam

Ginger and I went across the Conowingo Dam for the first time last week on our way from Baltimore to Wilmongton. Crazy!!

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for FOOD.
Oh you need a #, 1.

Just voting for "Food" doesn't count.

Bones

Ginger and I went across the Conowingo Dam for the first time last week on our way from Baltimore to Wilmongton. Crazy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just voting for "Food" doesn't count.
Try going over with a trailer and another trailer on the other side. Talk about nail biting and holding your breath.

JWalker

Directions
From Louisiana- Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive, then see above

What about directions from Louisiana? Lol

Andy,
The directions are edited.

'Lil Guy'

Andy, you're in our boat. Just do like us and go north for about 1500 miles and then start looking for directions. BTW, don't tell anyone from up there, but I bet our BBQ is better than theirs. I've already packed our Amish clothes so we'll fit in. See you and Joanna up there. We've also disguised our liquor in metal milk cans to fit in also. Again, keep this just between us. (and they think they hate us now)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Andy, you're in our boat. Just do like us and go north for about 1500 miles and then start looking for directions.
Frank, you'll get lost using those directions.
Drive north 1500 miles, turn right, drive another 1500 miles, then ask for directions.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.