EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, New Holland - 7/21/2016 to 7/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hi Jamie and Ginger!

Chris and Candi Carrington will be joining you. This will be our first NorthEast Rally and first time camping in PA! Looking forward to it.

Coming in on Wed 7/20 adleaving Sun 7/24.

Thanks
Chris

Welcome Chris and Candi. Glad you can make it up north. Wow, we have a lot of Big Country's rolling in. Did the campground give you a site number yet? If so, let me know.

Can't wait till spring.
Safe travels!

JWalker

Well, things are slowly starting to move along with the rally. It seems like everything RV related hibernates in the Northeast over the winter months. Ginger and I are heading to Lancaster on Saturday to take care of some of the agenda items. A few questions??

-Anyone interested in golf cart rentals? This is a large campground, covering a lot of area. The campground is in 2 sections. Our sites are located in the top plateau. Some of the activities will be in the bottom section. There is plenty of parking at each location but some might choose to rent a golf cart to travel back-and-forth. The campground does not rent golf carts but there is a location nearby that will bring rentals in if requested.

-What are your thoughts on leaving the campground to do a group activities? We are looking at doing a trainride at the Strasburg railroad. A 45 minute tour of the Lancaster countryside with a possible catered lunch included. It is about a 25 minute trip from the campground.

-We're also going to visit Shady Maples, just a 4 mile trip from the campground, but I'm sure everybody will love that. Looking at a breakfast or lunch for that event.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Bones

How much for the golf carts. That would really drive my decision on that. We are in for a train ride.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at the menu for the Shady Maple and they have breakfast food which the girls like so we would be in for breakfast.

chaplady

Count us in for train ride. Any place u pick for eating is good. Golf cart depends on rental fee.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I would certainly be interested in a golf cart (but I'm not allow to put dogs on anymore LOL), as for Train ride Jim may be interested I'll let him post for himself but I'll pass and definately a trip to Shady Maple!

JWalker

How much for the golf carts. That would really drive my decision on that. We are in for a train ride.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at the menu for the Shady Maple and they have breakfast food which the girls like so we would be in for breakfast.

Count us in for train ride. Any place u pick for eating is good. Golf cart depends on rental fee.

I would certainly be interested in a golf cart (but I'm not allow to put dogs on anymore LOL), as for Train ride Jim may be interested I'll let him post for himself but I'll pass and definately a trip to Shady Maple!

Hopefully we'll have more info after tomorrow.

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I are sizing this up. Get back shortly and see if we can make it. Doesn't look like pull thru parking on that map. Do you have valet parking available?

JWalker

Debbie and I are sizing this up. Get back shortly and see if we can make it. Doesn't look like pull thru parking on that map. Do you have valet parking available?

Love to see you and Debbie there. No worries on the parking. All sites are large angled back in. Two slight turns and your in. Don't worry, we'll get that Bighorn in there!!

Bones

Come. I have a 41 foot rig and then the length of a long bed truck. We all will be there to help if needed. :)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

There will be lots of 40 ft rigs coming. Someone will get you backed in provided your TV has mirrors and reverse !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post

We would love to see you guys come don't worry about backing in we will all be there to help you in

'Lil Guy'

Have to call back tomorrow for reservations. We'll be arriving on the 21st and departing on the 25th. We're looking forward to meeting everyone up that way. May take a couple of tries but we'll be able to get the 'LG' backed in.lol

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Don't worry. We only use school trained and certified "back in" judges up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Have to call back tomorrow for reservations. We'll be arriving on the 21st and departing on the 25th. We're looking forward to meeting everyone up that way. May take a couple of tries but we'll be able to get the 'LG' backed in.lol

Awesome!! Can't wait to meet ya. Don't worry, they throw out the highest and lowest score when the judge your backing in skills. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.