EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Myrtle Beach - 4/16/2015 to 4/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

Found out recently that we will be able to attend this (our first regional rally) in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to be able to enjoy a rally. Been almost 3 years since our last rally, and we are a little rusty. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Will be on site HH35.

jbeletti

Found out recently that we will be able to attend this (our first regional rally) in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to be able to enjoy a rally. Been almost 3 years since our last rally, and we are a little rusty. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Will be on site HH35.

From one old cable guy to another - welcome to the rally!

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Okay all you rallygoers as Dave has told you in a previous post I am handling the two potlucks that we
are having ,so that being said ,on Friday morning we are having a potluck breakfast and I would like you to Pm me at LindaW what you would like to bring. My idea for the breakfast is breakfast casseroles,biscuits,pastries,fruit,etc. Then on Friday night we are having a cookout with club providing
burgers,dogs,bratwurst,etc and we need dishes to compliment that. If you would rather email me that is ok lindawest2@bellsouth.net.
Linda West

davebennington

I want to thank Linda & Walt for taking on the potluck efforts at the rally, Please do email Linda with any help you can give her.
One more thank you goes out to Gus & Debra Funderburg for helping with the entertainment on Thursday night, I feel certain Gus & Debra have a few surprises for us.

Is everyone ready to have a good time? If you have have not signed up for the rally it is still not to late we still have some Heartland sites available. CLICK HERE:

dave

davebennington

Saturday April 18th we will be touring Brookgreen Gardens, as a part of the Southeast Region Rally. There is additional boat tour of the gardens that is not covered in the basic cost of the gardens fee. If you would like to go on this boat ride tour there is a charge to you of $8.00 per person. I need to know if you like to go on this tour, contact me either by E-mail or PM so I can arrange the tour with the Gardens.

dave

DougS

Doug S
Doug and Mary Sloan have reservations to be in on the 15th and depart on the 20th, site HH16. HOC #1676. We are looking forward to a good time. Site HH16

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Brookgreen Gardens - how exciting. Even tho it's not what it used to be before the Civil War, Brookgreen grounds used to be part of Laurel Plantation which was owned by the Jordan/Carrison family, my 2nd great-father's family, Col. Daniel Jordan. During the war, it was a place where gun power was made for the Confederate Army. The family lost it at the end of the war but all of the plantation records are now stored at Duke University. The grounds now displays bunches of sculptures.

davebennington

Here is the information that is needed for the event that will be held at the rally.

Brookgreen Gardens Event
1931 Brookgreen Drive
Murrells Inlet, SC
Gate is off US 17-bypass, across from Huntington Beach State Park

This event is an on-your-own tour with the admission paid for by Heartland Owners Club. It is recommended that you allow 2 to 3 hours to get the full experience of Brookgreen. We will gather at Brookgreen Gardens parking lot Saturday April 18[SUP]th[/SUP] at 9:45 AM, so we can all enter together. This is so we can receive the group admission rate.
The boat tour is an excursion of Springfield Creek aboard a 48 foot pontoon boat. This includes a narration of the history of four plantations, rice cultivation, tidal creeks and wildlife habitat that make up Brookgreen Gardens. The boat tour leaves at 11:00 AM and is about an hour in length. Note: The event must be prepaid and there are no refunds. Please have your boat ticket fee, cash or check only, to give to Julie Hancock prior to entry into the Gardens.
After the boat ride, you may continue to explore the rest of what Brookgreen has to offer. Your all day ticket will give you plenty of time to explore. Don’t forget, catered dinner at the campground at 5:00 PM.
If you want something to eat while you are at Brookgreen, there are 3 restaurants on site that offer sandwiches, wraps, snacks and drinks.

I do hope this will answer any questions that you may have.

dave

Last edited:

davebennington

Just heard from Phil & Becky Smith. They are going to make it to the rally. YEH!!

Now we are complete with the South Carolina Chapter Leaders attending.

dave

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Just a little reminder everyone, let me know by email or PM what you are bringing for potluck breakfast Friday A.M. And potluck cookout Friday p.m. lindawest2@bellsouth.net or LindaW on forum. If you would like to call me to see what others are bringing that,s fine also. 305-301-3147.
Linda

Toccoatravelers

Dave,
For the Heartland Gives back, does the agency have any specific brands of food they prefer and is there a particular store they would want gift cards from.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

tracks

Dave, we have found it necessary to cancel our reservation for South Regional Rally at Myrtle Beach. My sister in-law is in hospital in critical condition. I know the rally will be fantastic, Ocean Lakes is great and so are all of you.
Kirk

davebennington

Here is the information that is needed for the event that will be held at the rally.

Brookgreen Gardens Event
1931 Brookgreen Drive
Murrells Inlet, SC
Gate is off US 17-bypass, across from Huntington Beach State Park

This event is an on-your-own tour with the admission paid for by Heartland Owners Club. It is recommended that you allow 2 to 3 hours to get the full experience of Brookgreen. We will gather at Brookgreen Gardens parking lot Saturday April 18[SUP]th[/SUP] at 9:45 AM, so we can all enter together. This is so we can receive the group admission rate.
The boat tour is an excursion of Springfield Creek aboard a 48 foot pontoon boat. This includes a narration of the history of four plantations, rice cultivation, tidal creeks and wildlife habitat that make up Brookgreen Gardens. The boat tour leaves at 11:00 AM and is about an hour in length. Note: The event must be prepaid and there are no refunds. Please have your boat ticket fee, cash or check only, to give to Julie Hancock prior to entry into the Gardens.
After the boat ride, you may continue to explore the rest of what Brookgreen has to offer. Your all day ticket will give you plenty of time to explore. Don’t forget, catered dinner at the campground at 5:00 PM.
If you want something to eat while you are at Brookgreen, there are 3 restaurants on site that offer sandwiches, wraps, snacks and drinks.

I do hope this will answer any questions that you may have.

dave

Hi, last call. Please let me know "yes" or "no" if you want to visit Brookgreen Gardens with our group on Saturday and "yes" or "no" if you want to go on the boat ride.

Group tickets for both have to be purchased in advance so if you do not respond to me now you will have to pay full price for the tickets if you decide you want to go.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.