EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/13/2013 to 02/17/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcoon

Dave,
If he moved up there, within a week he'd have the area completely covered with Munzees. He's only been in Kerrville about 3 days, and has at least 500 Munzees out! :) By the time we get up there, if we want to deploy any Munzees, we'll have to put them on deer & armadillos!!!

happykraut

Roy, my munzeing for tomorrow has come to an end. I have a major plumbing problem. Can't seem to stop a leak under the sink. Worked on it twice today already, but I'm getting tired and ready to hit the sack.

olcoon

Not good! I don't know if it would work or not, but if you have any Rescue Tape, you can wrap it around your finger (or whatever) then roll it off, & make an "O" ring. I couldn't stop a leak at the hot water heater down here last year when I de-winterized & a valve came apart in my hand. I replaced the valve at the hot water heater (along with the broken one) & it was still leaking. Tried everything I could think of (which wasn't much) & nothing worked...until I made the "O" ring. It's still there, & still not leaking!

jbeletti

Roy, my munzeing for tomorrow has come to an end. I have a major plumbing problem. Can't seem to stop a leak under the sink. Worked on it twice today already, but I'm getting tired and ready to hit the sack.

Hm - did you say you're parked near a club member named "Plumberdude"? Just sayin' :) Heartlanders helping Heartlanders - that's what it's all about.

happykraut

Hm - did you say you're parked near a club member named "Plumberdude"? Just sayin' :) Heartlanders helping Heartlanders - that's what it's all about.
Jim, yes I am. Maybe he'll read your post and come knocking on my door with his tools in hand. LOL

happykraut

Not good! I don't know if it would work or not, but if you have any Rescue Tape, you can wrap it around your finger (or whatever) then roll it off, & make an "O" ring. I couldn't stop a leak at the hot water heater down here last year when I de-winterized & a valve came apart in my hand. I replaced the valve at the hot water heater (along with the broken one) & it was still leaking. Tried everything I could think of (which wasn't much) & nothing worked...until I made the "O" ring. It's still there, & still not leaking!
Roy, it's a strange problem. It only seems to leak when the faucet is on.

plumberdude

Bernie,
We are here, we have been out running around. Come on by or open the door you can have a plumber there to help!!!

Plumberdude

happykraut

Bernie,
We are here, we have been out running around. Come on by or open the door you can have a plumber there to help!!!

Plumberdude
Pat, glad to have met you and Lori. Who said this wasn't one big family See you guys at the jam session later on.

jimtoo

Jim, not yet. He looked at it and knows just what he needs to do. Pat wanted to stay and fix it, but I asked him to come back in the morning so he and Lori could enjoy their evening.

Ouch!! You wanted him, a PLUMBER, to come back on a SUNDAY??? You think Saturday service calls are expensive... Sunday service calls are,,, Oh well ,, it's to late now... You will now be searching the cache's for any coins or something to sell. :)

happykraut

This is starting to be an expensive trip. New tires, a bottle jack, Campfire in a Can, Food for the plumber to bribe the plumber for a lower rate. Maybe you all can take up a collection for me when you all get here. After all I do need a few bucks to get back to that miserable weather in St. Louis.

olcoon

All you have to do is medicate Judy so she doesn't know or care where she is, and you can stay down here! Bad thing is that we've hardly ate at home. Seems like we are always going out to eat with the group, or at least heading out for ice cream!!! BTW, watch out for the plumber's crack tomorrow!!!!!!

happykraut

Roy, I know what you mean about eating out and the group is not even here yet. I'm trying to keep my weight down to take it a little easier on my ticker. I wont have to medicate Judi, at the rate I'm going I'll be broke soon and we'll have to go home. I won't even touch the crack comment.

jbeletti

We are here! And so are a lot of others. Heartlanders or SOBs.

Tonight (Monday, Feb 11), a group of us are heading to town to get a bite to eat at Billy Gene's. We're leaving the park in a convoy around 5pm. If you're interested, c'mon down. Look for the loud crowd at the restaurant

Billy Gene's Restaurant
1489 Junction Hwy, Kerrville, TX ~7 miles from here
(830) 895-7377 · billygenes.com
Map Link

Tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 12), another early arrivals outing in the making for those interested. Not much of a coordinated thing - just more of my itinerary. Feel free to join in

Breakfast at the RV
Fredericksburg to walk around for a an hour or two
Driftwood for a meal at Salt Lick BBQ - saw this on the Food Channel and have not been able to shake it

My guess is that I'll head out around 10 am or so.
Maybe leave Fredericksburg around Noon/1pm or so.
Head over to Driftwood to Salt Lick - about an hour from Fredericksburg

Salt Lick BBQ
18300 FM 1826
Driftwood, TX 78619
512-858-4959
http://www.saltlickbbq.com/
Map Link

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Ready to head over from Portland, TX on Wednesday.
Last time we travelled TX in February was 2011 we went from Houston to Ft. Stockton for an overnight, then on to Tucson in 2011.
Lows in the 20's. Windy. Cold. Freezing. Awful. Maybe the worst run we've ever had. Promised then and there, no more traveling in January/February.
And so here we go, breaking that promise for our first rally.
See y'all on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.