EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/15/2010 to 9/19/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Great!! Thursday or Friday would be best for me...maybe a time on each day if you need it. Yes...we'll be at Hershey Conewago...like the peace and quiet and the owner...

dieselsweetheart

Ya I thought Denise that way you could walk around and see the show before you committed your time.... Kath, just let me know when I see you earlier in the week what will work. I am good for Thursday...Fri I have any hours between 12-7. Since I am having a mini-rally Sat I'd rather not be over the show late in the day Sat... Sat 12-4 is available too! Let's play it by ear since you are working the show and will know better what will suit. Ya never know what the crowds will be doing. Flying Dutchman and and Dave Yocum will be at Conewago...

hertzberg

I agree Cheryl.....the more I thought about it.....that time will be better. We can get there early and check out everything before we need to help out!

dieselsweetheart

Hi y'all! (that's a nashville howdy!)

Those of you who saw me in Nashville hobbling around know that I have a knee injury that is going to require surgery. I am going to have it fixed this Thursday...so I may be off the forum a few days till I get back home.
We had some good conversation about the RV show at our stop-over home from Nashville.... I have PM'd Jim B about ideas and we will chat more about them once he catches his breath from the big rally.

What I suggested is that we don't spend the money on shirts for us volunteers. They really are costly and I think we all have rally shirts we can wear. After all, we owners are enthusiastic about our friends that we have met through rallies and enjoy traveling to each state's rallies... etc etc.... I think the $$$ can better be spent on posterboards that tell who we are. I suggested something to the effect "Thinking about becoming a Heartland owner? Have questions for other owners? We are here to help!" or something along those lines. We can get them done up at the local Staples.

Also, Jim B has a videographer at the big rallies and they interview owners during the course of the rallies. I'd like to have those interviews (available for your viewing on the forum) put onto a DVD and anyone who buys a Heartland gets a free copy. This way they can see first hand what Heartland rally go-ers are saying about the rallies and what it means to be a Heartland owner. Also, maybe some other Heartland giveaways to new owners (those new mugs come to mind, those are nice!).... and of course those little business cards we all have to give out to other owners we may come across at a CG but who don't know anything about the club... we can have those available.

So, I think we can make better use of the $$$ other than the shirts. I want us to be distinguished easily from the dealers. If we each wear our rally shirts from our home state, we can show how widespread our rallies and our FUN is....

So, stay tuned. I anticipate being on 2 legs by the time mid-Sept comes around. I still may need a golf cart to get around in but I'm sure we can get access to one.

Thanks everyone!!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And here I was looking forward to getting the shirt since none of my Heartland shirts fit me anymore (I have lost 80 pounds). Oh well, guess I will have to buy me one.

dieselsweetheart

Jim, congrats on losing the weight!!! That's a good reason not to have your clothes fit anymore!!!! So you haven't gone to any rallies where you could wear a shirt from them? I will have one you can wear if not. Believe it or not, the shirts were going to cost a few hundred dollars. Just would like to use those funds in another direction!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim, congrats on losing the weight!!! That's a good reason not to have your clothes fit anymore!!!! So you haven't gone to any rallies where you could wear a shirt from them? I will have one you can wear if not. Believe it or not, the shirts were going to cost a few hundred dollars. Just would like to use those funds in another direction!!

No big deal. I will make one that will be my new size. BTW Esophageal Cancer causes you to lose weight. Not a recommended way to lose it.

dieselsweetheart

ooo no that's not a good way to lose weight Jim.... weight watchers is a much more preferred way to go!

I had another concern about no shirts so I will chat this over with Jim B once my surgery is over and I am back home. They moved my surgery up to 5:30p today... hopefully I will only be in overnight....

I just want to be able to have the DVDs and the signs too... if Jim B can make that work too...we are good!

Chat later!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Give Cheryl a big hug from Gus and Debra. Glad to hear she is doing well. I suspect she'll be back to running around before you know it!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That's great news Jim. Please let her know we are thinking about her and tell her to do just what the Doc says so we can see all y'all in NY.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Glad to hear the news Jim. We hope the recovery is just as smooth. Give Cheryl lots of TLC, and we hope to see you both real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.