EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/15/2010 to 9/19/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill40

Glad to hear some good news, Jim can hone up on his cooking skills(or take out). Take care hopefully we will see you at the show.

jnbhobe

Glad to hear Cheryl is doing good, I bet its hard to keep her slowed down. Hope to see you both in NY. Take care, Patti & Jon

dieselsweetheart

Hi everybody! I am back...still not up to snuff with having to drag this extra weight around on my leg. I am going to be able to take off the big ace wrap I have on now and replace with a new gauze dressing tomorrow...so I'm hoping that by getting rid of this extra luggage I will feel better. I slept on the sofa the first night and I didn't feel well yesterday morning...funny thing...the last time I had this done I was sick the same way....headache and then stomach upset. I still don't have my appetite back and I'm still a little woozy feeling so I'm hoping it's just because I'm exhausted to be moving around. The Discovery channel has the Deadliest Catch marathon going on so I'm relaxing and watch that to pass the time. I was able to get washed up and washed my hair today and that felt good too.

Thanks for all the good wishes! I'll be back again!

truknutt

Committed Member
Glad to hear you got washed up and washed you hair! Seriously, glad you are feeling a tad-bit better. Now it's time for your nursing skills to take over...listen to your inner nurse and do as she says, not what you want to do!!!

D & N

dieselsweetheart

I am happy that the new week has started....it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring recuperating on the weekends. Jim went back to work and that will be good for him to focus on other things besides me... one thing to be said for doing this again...I'm pretty darn good at those crutches!

dieselsweetheart

Due to blow-out and subsequent repairs needed to his rig, Calvin Hicks will not be attending the RV show. That will free up his spots for volunteers. Thursday 12-4 and Friday 9-1 were the shifts they had. Let me know if you can fill in and I am looking for new recruits!!

dieselsweetheart

Volunteers needed for Wednesday of the show...all shifts....Friday 9-1 and 12-4, and Saturday 3-7p. Mini-rally at our campsite in Hershey Highmeadow 6p....those volunteering till 7p can jump the shuttle and come on over!!!!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Has Duane ever told you if He was going or Us??

Volunteers needed for Wednesday of the show...all shifts....Friday 9-1 and 12-4, and Saturday 3-7p. Mini-rally at our campsite in Hershey Highmeadow 6p....those volunteering till 7p can jump the shuttle and come on over!!!!

dieselsweetheart

No, I don't know if you guys are coming along or not! Please do!!!!

Kathy, I have you booked for Thurs 3-7 and Fri 9-1. Will that be ok? Let me know what size polo shirt you want!

dieselsweetheart

Attention!!! Everyone who is going to be in Hershey on Tuesday evening....please let me know... Jim B this means you too and anyone else of Heartland fame...I would like us to get together for dinner somewhere so we can meet and chat up our objectives...getting ready for the show that starts on Wednesday.... can you make it to a dinner if I plan a place for us to go? Please let me know.... ASAP.

jbeletti

Attention!!! Everyone who is going to be in Hershey on Tuesday evening....please let me know... Jim B this means you too and anyone else of Heartland fame...I would like us to get together for dinner somewhere so we can meet and chat up our objectives...getting ready for the show that starts on Wednesday.... can you make it to a dinner if I plan a place for us to go? Please let me know.... ASAP.

Count me in! I will arrive at my hotel by 2 pm Tuesday. I am staying at the Springhill Suites in Hershey, just north of the Giant Center.

Jim

jbeletti

Hershey Show Update for Club Table Volunteers

Hey Hershey Show Club Table Volunteers,

THANK YOU! Thank you for your willingness to come out to the show and be part of the club crew. Let's have some fun, let's tell people about the forum and the club and let's do our best to help answer questions about Heartland and our products.

I have a couple of minor updates and other general information for you.

Updates:
  1. Show Passes: Due to some law/rule, your show passes will be Greeter passes vs. Vendor passes. Passes are valid for admission Wednesday through Sunday
  2. Parking: Parking is free - so parking passes will not be given. See parking location detail by day here [link]
  3. Food Allowance: Those covering 2 time blocks will receive a $20 food allowance
  4. Water: I "plan" to have a cooler of water on-hand for your use during your shift
  5. Restrooms: The restrooms are in the Giant Center. It's a hike from our display to the building. We "hope" to have a golf cart dedicated for Club use for restroom runs and customer concierge. If we cannot get one dedicated to us, it's my hope we can share the Sales golf cart

Reminders / Other:
  1. Lanyards: If you have a Heartland Lanyard, please bring it
  2. Club Badges: Please bring and wear on your lanyard, your Club Badges
  3. Hat/Visor: If you already have a club hat/visor and want to wear it during your shift, we encourage it. We will have "some" quantity of these on-hand as we are giving them to those who buy an RV at the show - so I want to preserve them for new customers
  4. Timing: Please arrive early for your shifts. This overlap process is helpful during peak times and helps the shift transition go smoother
  5. You will receive your packets (passes, shirts, food allowance etc.) on Tuesday night at dinner if you can make it, or at the show registration table (just across the foot bridge) when you call us upon your arrival
  6. Club Table Location: We are located in our primary booth in section 3, booth 510 on the north end of the property (see attached PDF)

Attachments

• 2010 POSTdraw copy.pdf
    969 KB · Views: 22

dieselsweetheart

Re: Hershey Show Update for Club Table Volunteers

I'm really looking forward to this event...it's going to be a lot of fun to get together and to (hopefully) chat to a lot of serious RV shoppers about our Heartlands. I am thinking about a dinner at 6p...just to let everyone get to their campground (or hotel) and catch a breather. I will check out a restaurant and let you all know. I will keep a count as folks are posting "yes" to dinner on Tuesday. Jim B also told me today that the DVD idea is a "go" and I think it will make a great "gift" to Heartland buyers as a way to welcome them to the fold. The DVD will be the video that is filmed while we are at the national rally... the interviews of Heartlanders that Dave (the photographer) puts together and we see the following year. I believe the video we are giving to new owners is the one filmed in Goshen, 2009. Very appropriate!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Hershey Show Update for Club Table Volunteers

Dinneir is okay with us. Just let us know the time and place.
Jim & Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.