Ever heard of my hitch?

agpopp

So I always tell people that I use a bw companion, but the truth is it MIGHT be? I bought it off of Craigslist a few years ago, and without looking too hard I realized a few days later what I thought was the company logo of the previous owner, was actually the name brand of the hitch. It is /was in excellent condition and looks in EVERY way like a bw companion, same decals, construction, jaws, brackets, warning labels etc. The only difference is the brand name is written as "Carlisle Magnum". I'll post a pic tomorrow, but I want to ask some questions or have someone look for a telltale marking on a real companion to see if this is a rebranded item for a private company.
Any knowledge out there? (I've done a lot of searches)
Thanks.

MCTalley

"Carlisle Magnum", run through Google, tends to only come back with results referring to a wine bucket. Removing the quotes (so it is a less exact search) does pretty much the same. Adding the word "hitch" to the mix comes up with several brands of receiver hitches (they apparently like the word "Magnum").

Bones

Just a thought, But have you called Companion and talked to them about the hitch?

agpopp

The secretary said she never heard of it before. It must have been an rv dealer rebranding them. Its built too well to not be a bw

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bones

The secretary said she never heard of it before. It must have been an rv dealer rebranding them. Its built too well to not be a bw

I was thinking that they could run the serial numbers. that wont change.

agpopp

Do you own a bw? Where are the serial numbers stamped? There is a serial number on the sticker on the front

agpopp

Talked to BW and sent some pics. They are interested in it, and seem to think it's one of theirs. I did see some stamps on the uprights that it was made in 7 of 2009, and that would be during the great rv depression. I suspect that it was a back door unit that followed someone home.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Talked to BW and sent some pics. They are interested in it, and seem to think it's one of theirs. I did see some stamps on the uprights that it was made in 7 of 2009, and that would be during the great rv depression. I suspect that it was a back door unit that followed someone home.

That (although I highly doubt it) . . . or more likely that maybe a dealership or some other hitch shop relabeled it with their own brand name (perhaps with or without B&W's permission)