everchill ac dc refrigerator

Our 2023 trail runner, had breaker pop, and the Everchill ac/dc Fridge shut off, did not run on the battery. We are new to these refrigerators and not sure why it did not run on the battery.

rhodies1

A DC fridge needs a minimum of 12 volts to operate. What is the voltage of your battery.
Did it run at all on the battery. 12 volt fridges while running on the battery will drain a battery within an hour. Been there …and had unit hooked to tow vehicle. Fridge drained both within an hour or so.

Not sure if it ran at all, we had not been in it for a couple of days and when we went out it was off so I am sure it did drain the battery!

rhodies1

I certainly bet it did drain the battery. 12 volt operating sucks power like crazy, if not being there for a couple of days, you wouldn’t know if io ran not. By this time the fridge would have defrosted and warmed .

wdk450

My Dometic side by side 12 cu ft AC/Propane refrig pulls 4 amps for the 2 AC heater elements when running on AC power. It does not run on 12 volts DC for heating power (just logic board, propane control/ignition, internal lights, and fans). That 4 amps of AC heating power would convert into 40 amps of DC power if it used DC heater elements. Continuous 40 amps is a lot.