*Exact* dimensions of the 4018's garage?

Hi everyone. I've been searching and searching for the perfect MotorHome+Trailer or HDT+ToyHauler and I'm liking the idea of a RAM 3500 DRW + Cyclone 4018 out of all the combinations I've found. My only worry is that my toy is about 18 feet long (maybe an inch or two shorter than that if you squish it) and the specs for the 4018 say the garage is only 17.5 feet long. But I really like the Cyclone's living space better than the Work & Play so I really want the Cyclone to work. So part of my wishful thinking is that maybe my toy will fit diagonally somehow? Or maybe the 17.5' on the spec sheet is conservative (I've seen it referred to as an 18' garage in places)? There are no 4018's near me (I'm in NC) and so I can't actually go out with a tape measure and measure precisely for myself. Can anyone here that has a 4018 (or one of Heartland reps) actually list very detailed dimensions of the garage area for people like me who are cutting it close? FYI this is what I'm hauling (each side of the wing is 18' long):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTnNUXCxhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34lhKnKFAuQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqBb0y1LtAc

The trike in the last video is being pushed into either a 20' or 24' trailer. I'm not sure how long its wing is (it's a different brand of wing) but mine is about 18' from front-to-back. I really hope it can fit in the Cyclone!

Thanks for any help!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think the best thing to do is call Heartland directly.
As to speak with AJ Jones. He can answer all your questions about the Cyclone.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the pointer. I called and left a message on AJ's voicemail. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him.

In the mean time I emailed a bunch of dealers asking any with a physical 4018 on the lot go to out and measure the garage with a tape measure and unfortunately I'm getting a lot of different answers on the exact same year/model!

Response from dealer 1:
Hello there,
I have actually taken a tape measure out to the 4018 and the garage area measures 18ft spot on. With the ramp door closed, I would buffer an 1-1.5in for clearance.
This is an awesome floor plan, and it is actually the first Cyclone with an 18ft garage.

Response from dealer 2:
Hello the unit is 17.5 and the door trim around the slider is about an inch you loose and the patio and 3 season wall takes up some room and both of those items can be removed very easy, I would be happy to call and check if they could make a few extra inches in the garage area let me know my direct cell is ...

Response from dealer 3:
Thank you for the inquiry. This particular Cyclone 4018 has the patio option, so floor length with the patio rails left in place is 17'. If you take the patio off you have 17'4" floor space. Width to the rail is 96", height under all the bunks is 78 1/2".

Response from dealer 4:
I have measured the length of the garage on the 4018. The length of usable area is 17' 4". We would look forward to working with you on any additional info you may need.

Response from dealer 5:
We would be happy to sell you a new cyclone. The Garage measures 17 feet 7 inches
So it is a tight fit!!

I have to say I'm happy with Heartland's dealers that they responded so promptly, even if the measurements are all different :( A few of them even said they could work with me to "add a few inches" but I find that rather unlikely considering it's a sliding-glass door with the rest of the floorplan already pushed up against it. I wish Cyclone had a 20' garage option!!