Excited to be Cyclone owners

mjrisher

Hello! We have purchased a 2013 Cyclone 4100 (king) and we are very excited. We have not picked it up yet. We will be putting all of our worldly goods in storage over Thanksgiving and picking up our rig. We will be living in it until we can retire (hopefully within the next 6-8 months). I know there is a lot to learn from others. I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Cheers,
Melissa and Ron

danemayer

Hi Melissa and Ron,

Congratulations on becoming a member of the Heartland family and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

We also have a great time at Heartland Rallies. Consider joining the Owners Club and joining in the fun at rallies in your area.

scottyb

Conratulations. You are going to love it. Take all the time you need when you do your PDI at the dealer. There's a very good checklist on this site somewhere. Take it home and live in it for a while before you hit the road. Test all the systems, sleep on the bed, use the stove, oven, hot water heater, etc., etc.. We had to put a 3" latex foam topper on the King bed. Although it is supposedly memory foam, it was way too hard for us. Felt like sleep on the ground.

mjrisher

Thanks! We are pretty excited! We will be able to spend a couple of nights at the campground right there at the dealership. And we will definitely try everything before we leave there. I will go search for that checklist now. We like a good hard mattress so I'm hoping it won't be too bad for us. Thanks for the welcome.

danemayer

Hi everyone! We are Terry & Mindy from NC. We just bought a 2013 Cyclone 3800 and are picking it up on Thursday. Can't wait!

Hi Terry and Mindy,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to make new friends, find out about upcoming rallies, and get answers to your questions. Please feel free to post about your adventures and take advantage of the great information that's here.

jimtoo

Hi everyone! We are Terry & Mindy from NC. We just bought a 2013 Cyclone 3800 and are picking it up on Thursday. Can't wait!

Hi Terry and Mindy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Please do a very through PDI when you go for pickup. If possible even camp a couple days at or near the dealer to check everything out for proper operation.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at rallies and make friends for a life time and eat lots of really good food.

Jim M

bd2dabone

Yea on your Cyclone purchase. We have enjoyed ours tremendously. It always turns heads and we get lots of questions.
Now having said that I will be brief- keep a close watch on your tires especially if they are Tow Max. Be prepared for a failure. Have a back up plan. Mostly read on this forum about failures. I believe these tires run at their maximum load capacity full time contributing to the problem. These may be great tires on light duty trailers however the service they are in on a TH push them to the end of the envelope.
As I said We really enjoy out Cyclone
and will be putting many miles and hours on it in the coming year!

sengli

Wow those coaches are huge! Looked at them while RV shopping, and loved them. But they are just too big for me to consider towing around. Congrats and enjoy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Wow those coaches are huge! Looked at them while RV shopping, and loved them. But they are just too big for me to consider towing around. Congrats and enjoy

I used to tow a popup camper and the 40foot fifth wheel tows much easier. The fifth wheel tows easier than the 26 foot pontoon boat we used to have and the tows easier than the 16 foot tri-hull boat we used to have. It also tows easier than our daughters 32 foot travel trailer. Don't be intimidated by the size.

ILH

I used to tow a popup camper and the 40foot fifth wheel tows much easier. The fifth wheel tows easier than the 26 foot pontoon boat we used to have and the tows easier than the 16 foot tri-hull boat we used to have. It also tows easier than our daughters 32 foot travel trailer. Don't be intimidated by the size.

I agree totally! My prior TT was 34 foot - and my toyhauler tows much better.

Stinger381

If my truck could handle the weight and size of the big Cyclones, I'd have one. My 2500 Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel just ain't quite enough. I have thought about the two axle toy haulers made by heartland though.....

Hey,

I'm Danielle and we just made our first RV purchase, the Cyclone 4100. I'm so glad that I found this forum because I have already found the answer to several of my questions!