Exhaust fan motor in bathroom

tljack

My fan motor is acting up. Runs fine and then slows way down. Cleaned the fan blades, checked the voltage it the connection to the motor. I suspect the motor is beginning to fail. I hate to have to replace the entire roof vent in order to replace the fan.

Does anyone know how and where to purchase a new motor?

wdk450

I was able to take my old motor out and replace it with a computer "box" fan which is also 12 volts, is not as noisy, and does not produce electrical interference with the TV systems.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I replaced my interior part with a Vortex. No need to remove the entire vent, just the inside portion drops down with the removal of four screws.

pegmikef

I replaced my interior part with a Vortex. No need to remove the entire vent, just the inside portion drops down with the removal of four screws.

X3 and the newer Vortex fans are reversible with three forward and two reverse speeds. Nice to force fresh air in sometimes . . .

tljack

I see that you have a 2014 it should be under warranty

I do have warranty but during the 5 months we have been out have come to find out just how difficult it is to get anything done. After scheduling an appointment I will have to wait 3 to six weeks to get in and then have to rent a motel. this is the info I have gotten from 4 different dealers so far. I am finding it simpler to do things myself, for the most part Heartland has had no issue shipping me parts.

Where can I obtain a vortex fan?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I do have warranty but during the 5 months we have been out have come to find out just how difficult it is to get anything done. After scheduling an appointment I will have to wait 3 to six weeks to get in and then have to rent a motel. this is the info I have gotten from 4 different dealers so far. I am finding it simpler to do things myself, for the most part Heartland has had no issue shipping me parts.

Where can I obtain a vortex fan?

I just ordered one from ebay after reading this. I've ordered the reversible speed one. I already have a single speed Vortex in the bedroom, but I think I'll move it to the bathroom and put this new one in the bedroom. Install is pretty simple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321155043600

If you search "heng vortex fan" you will find sellers. If you want the single speed exhaust fan, the price is considerably less. Even less than I paid for mine when I bought it a year ago.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We did not have good luck with the two Heng Vortex fans we bought, both went right back. Ended up replacing the whole vent with a Fantastic Fan.

In one case, the fan made a high pitched whine I could not stand, the other, the multi-speed didn't work.

Many folks here have had good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tljack

I ordered a single speed Vortex from Amazon. $20 less than I could find it on Ebay. Will have it the 31st. For an additional $9 I could have it in the morning. I can wait on day.

Thank you everyone for your in put

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I ordered a single speed Vortex from Amazon. $20 less than I could find it on Ebay. Will have it the 31st. For an additional $9 I could have it in the morning. I can wait on day.

Thank you everyone for your in put

Be sure to hook it up and test it before you install it completely, just in case you don't like the way it sounds. LOL!

tljack

My new fan arrived. Very simple installation. Wife really likes it and I do as well.

Again, thanks for all the input.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just be careful. That thing will suck the air out of your lungs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk