Extended tire warranty

Is extended tire warranties on your truck worth it?

• Total voters

DW_Gray

Over the years I have purchased the extended tire warranty when I've purchased new tires for my vehicles. As I consider past experiences I don't think it's worth it. I've never had to replace a tire on my vehicles prior to normal ware out. I've purchased 6 new tires for my truck and will they be installed this week. The cost for each extended tire warranty is $15.10. That's a total of $90.60. I've never spent that much on tire repairs for the life of the tires.

What say you? Is extended tire warranty it worth it?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I got one at Discount Tire a couple of years ago and during the time I had to replace two of the tires due to valve stem failure which caused the tires to go down (on different occasions) and ruin the tire. Got the tires replaced for free. You just never know.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, once in a while I have purchased the warranty. To me it's 50-50 gamble. I did find out something interesting. I asked my tire dealer about a road hazard warranty on the G614's...."No you cannot buy that for trailer tire."

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I think tire warranties go the same route as buying extended warranties on tools or the fabric protection when you a trailer.

beasleyrl

I have only found one place where it is worth it. Last December I had to buy new tires for my truck. I decided to try Costco and they included their warranty for FREE! It included lifetime tire rotation, balancing, and 5 year road hazard. Since it was free (or included because nothing is ever free right?!?!?), I didn't argue with them and it was nice to not have to pay for the rotations/balancing. They also had great prices on the tires.

lwmcguir

I only purchase it if it includes rotation and balancing as well. Then you get your money back several times. Otherwise if it is just the tire, not unless it goes on one of the off road pick ups and it includes road hazard.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I voted no but I have purchased the "package" that includes road hazard, lifetime balance and flat repair.

TBlack

I voted yes because I just replaced one of my tires which only had 3000 miles on it. Ran over a rock and it went through the tread.

jayc

Legendary Member
I buy all my tires from Discount Tire and always buy the road hazard warranty. I have had to use it twice and yearly use the lifetime balancing and rotation feature.