Exterior electrical plugs not working (2010 road warrior)

myla296

Thanks so much for the help I have already received, I hope to someday help others in return! Here's a fun new one...

I went around testing the outlets of my new-to-me 2010 road warrior and found that external outlets do not work (I used a nightlight and taped over the light sensor with tape to "trick" it). I'm running on the generator. I have flipped circuit breakers and checked the fuses next to those, and the fuse above the generator (30amp).
The following are not working:
-outlets in big compartment under hall area
-outlets in garage (but not the lights... Those work)
-outlet in refrigerator panel( interestingly, the panel inside works as I can see the "auto" light on... That must be functioning on a separate circuit?)
- outlet in living area slide out (single type, likely meant to inflate air bed)

Everything else seems functional, including other outside lights., Awning, and slide outs. I can follow wiring diagrams to comprehend what leads to what so if that is available, that would be great!. Or, a hidden fuse I haven't located, lol. Thanks in advance!

Btw, there is a mystery plug that has something plugged into it in that big storage compartment under the hallway... Is that the vacuum?

danemayer

Thanks so much for the help I have already received, I hope to someday help others in return! Here's a fun new one...

I went around testing the outlets of my new-to-me 2010 road warrior and found that external outlets do not work (I used a nightlight and taped over the light sensor with tape to "trick" it). I'm running on the generator. I have flipped circuit breakers and checked the fuses next to those, and the fuse above the generator (30amp).
The following are not working:
-outlets in big compartment under hall area
-outlets in garage (but not the lights... Those work)
-outlet in refrigerator panel( interestingly, the panel inside works as I can see the "auto" light on... That must be functioning on a separate circuit?)
- outlet in living area slide out (single type, likely meant to inflate air bed)

Everything else seems functional, including other outside lights., Awning, and slide outs. I can follow wiring diagrams to comprehend what leads to what so if that is available, that would be great!. Or, a hidden fuse I haven't located, lol. Thanks in advance!

Btw, there is a mystery plug that has something plugged into it in that big storage compartment under the hallway... Is that the vacuum?
Check the circuit breakers on the front of the generator.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I noticed those before, but I just flipped them again... No luck. (But you've given me a new question... Why two switches?

Your circuit breaker panel has two power legs (up to 50 amps on each when on shore power). The generator also provides two separate legs that go to the circuit breaker panel. The generator provides either a 30 amp and 20 amp or two 30 amp legs. Each breaker is for one of the legs.

myla296

I'm not an electrician by any means, but could it be a GFI switch thrown?

Sometimes it is the simplest things and this time... It was! Lol. I laughed when I first saw your message like "yeah, it would be that", especially with how delicately you offered it. Thanks everyone for the trouble! I'll make sure to offer that first, if someone else ever brings up a similar problem...even though the outlets were working inside! You just never know!

myla296

Well, it's a partial victory... I can't get the microwave to work (I turned off the ac just in case I tripped the generator). So, on to that to figure out where that is plugged in. I'm getting power to it (as indicated by the semicolon of the clock). Might yet have that "leg" problem, but that's on another thread here. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest that you use an extension cord and plug your microwave into another receptacle.
Might just be that the microwave has given up and is in need of replacement.

Peace
Dave

myla296

I suggest that you use an extension cord and plug your microwave into another receptacle.
Might just be that the microwave has given up and is in need of replacement.

Peace
Dave

I'm all for simple solutions/troubleshooting :). Thanks!

myla296

Have tried pressing the "clear" button?

The microwave is plugged in to the outlet in the cabinet forward of the micro.

None of the buttons were having any affect at all, but the semicolon turns off when I unplug the connection to the console for the controls.

Besides the connection to the console, the microwave is plugged into a full normal outlet behind itself. I'll have to try unplugging that later and attaching it to an extension cord and plugging that into a different outlet (because I can't really move it away from where it is since it's attached to the console that is basically part of the range). Thanks!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had an issue with our previous Landmark Microwave/Convection oven. A RV Mobile repair person finally (after 3 hours) tracked it down to a defective ground fault outlet in the the bathroom that was only partly working.