Exterior TV - How Does it Get Its Signal

ksucats

I know I've read some stuff on this before but I'm apparently not thinking of the correct search word(s) to find it again. So:

On my coach I have an exterior TV as well as the interior ones. All I ever get is a 'no signal' unless I'm on OTA antennae. Tried to use it last Saturday with my Tailgater satellite receiver without any luck. Interior (living room) TV worked great but no signal to the outside one.

I have looked at the satellite manual in the owners manual section of the forum and don't see anything that applies so I'm asking here. On the TV I've tried the various settings (TV, HDMI-1, HDMI-2) with nothing.

Appreciate your help in getting this to work - I'm going to assume that it can be done :confused:.

wdk450

I know I've read some stuff on this before but I'm apparently not thinking of the correct search word(s) to find it again. So:

On my coach I have an exterior TV as well as the interior ones. All I ever get is a 'no signal' unless I'm on OTA antennae. Tried to use it last Saturday with my Tailgater satellite receiver without any luck. Interior (living room) TV worked great but no signal to the outside one.

I have looked at the satellite manual in the owners manual section of the forum and don't see anything that applies so I'm asking here. On the TV I've tried the various settings (TV, HDMI-1, HDMI-2) with nothing.

Appreciate your help in getting this to work - I'm going to assume that it can be done :confused:.

Ron and Cindy:
Following is a link to the 2015 Landmark Coax wiring diagram. I looked this up by clicking on the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page, then "Manuals", then "Electronics", and then "Coax Layouts".

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...ll_Brands/2015 LM BH BC Coax FEL-5112.pdf.pdf

Remember that the TV signal amplifier must be ON for OTA TV signals, and OFF for cable and satellite signals. The OTA amplifier has a limited frequency signal range, and will NOT pass the much higher frequency cable and satellite signals. When the OTA amplifier is switched OFF, a relay bypasses the amplifier board, and simply connects the incoming coax to the output coax.

I hope this helps!

ksucats

Bill: Yep - wrong search words. I think I had the right idea though :cool:.

As I look at this schematic, it appears to me that we can not get the satellite signal to the outside TV. I have the two plates as shown - on the left plate the bottom is the CATV/OTA and the top is the satellite in. The only thing that goes to the splitter, and then to the right hand plate, is the TV signal, not the satellite. Initially I was thinking that I could find a satellite capable splitter, split the one into two lines, and hook it up to the right plate, just like the OTA does, when we want to use the satellite signal outside at the same time as inside. However, that won't work as we only have the one receiver. The Wally that we have uses HDMI output so that creates another problem. Well, something else to look for at another time.

Appreciate your help.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

If you buy a wireless HDMI transmitter receiver you can get the signal from your satellite on the external TV. I have one that I use to share my bedroom Sat RX with my external TV, even have one with Infrared for changing channels.

Mine is made by Extron, there are many different ones available.

Brian

esscobra

I use the ones from iogear- use them for customers to connect laptops to tvs all the time- and I use in my bighorn to run outdoor tv as well off bedroom receiver- they even have a model that will display on both tvs at same time or can display a different input onto one of the tvs

G_S

Check with whomever installed your satellite service. They may not have connected it to your outside tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksucats

Satellite receiver is a tailgater portable that we set up when we need / want it. Ties into the coach via the satellite input in the UDC. I traced the connections this morning before our K-State University football game and there are two inputs within the UDC - one for the living room TV and a separate one for the Bedroom TV. Out Tailgater antennae has dual outputs but we only have one receiver so only the Living Room gets satellite :(. I'm going to look into those HDMI transceivers - I've heard of them before but have never seen one. Something to go look for at Best Buy if they have them. If not, then online :D.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

pegmikef

The receivers used with the Dish Tailgater only support one TV so you have to use diplexers to pipe the signal to a remote TV. Then it will only the same channel that is being viewed on the TV connected to the receiver and the only control the remote TV will have is the volume. I did this so I could view the current satellite channel in my bedroom. This has no affect on the OTA or cable (when available) signals. The following link goes to a full discussion of this topic and includes instructions for the installation.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-on-Tailgater-211z-or-211k?highlight=Diplexer