Exterior Water hose Connection?

danemayer

Hi Tommy2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If the 3370 EL you're asking about is a Bighorn, I believe it has an outside shower like most all RVs. And of course it has a water inlet so you can hook up to campground water.

Tommy2

Hi Tommy2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If the 3370 EL you're asking about is a Bighorn, I believe it has an outside shower like most all RVs. And of course it has a water inlet so you can hook up to campground water.

Well, I must be blind because I can't see it anywhere on this BigHorn. Backstory: this is the first RV ever for me and most of it is still a mystery - had it only a month and a week. I'll keep looking, thank you, Tommy2.

P.S. Yes, found and hooked up to the inlet for site supplied water. Would like to hook a water hose to wash items before taking them inside.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My outside shower leaves a lot to be desired (like a useable flow). I made a manifold from CPVC pipe with valved connections for the city water, tank flush, and a flexible hose. Although it only provides cold water, it’s all I need.

You could probably get the same by using a gated wye between your city water supply and the port, using the other outlet for a flexible garden hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy2

...I made a manifold from CPVC pipe with valved connections for the city water, tank flush, and a flexible hose. Although it only provides cold water, it’s all I need...

Where I am headed, thank you for the confirmation on the need to do this.

Actually I'm thinking I will combine this need with the need for a 5 micron water filter.

Read another post on this site where an owner put a big box whole house water filter system (two canisters) in a plastic tote and just put in on the ground near the water inlet port on his trailer so the site water supply line could easily be attached and then run a short hose to the RV inlet port.

Could add to that an auxiliary outlet before the filtration system to provide vehicle, etc. wash water.

Quick Answer, Thank You!

NP_Chief

x2 on what JohnDar said. I use a "y" and the campground connection and one of those no tangle hoses.

Flick

Any exterior water hose connection on heartland 3370EL?

First of all, to answer your question, we use a simple y valve on the park pedestal with 2 hoses neatly coiled so we always have an open hose available.
On the filter setup, simplicity will rule after you do the hooking and unhooking many, many times. You’ll get tired of tedious hookups. I will say that if you will be somewhere for an extended period of time, tedious setups are ok.
We use a regular Camco filter that we change out very frequently and run all water thru an On The Go water softener that is pressure regulated before it enters our unit. Great water all the time especially if you’re used to soft water. Also good for your appliances. Our softener is the Double Standard larger unit and can furnish soft water for almost 2 weeks before having to be regenerated. We have the softener rigidly hooked up. It’s the only way for ease of use. Ease in hooking up at our destination is king for us and everything is geared towards that.

Tommy2

...thru an On The Go water softener that is pressure regulated before it enters our unit...

That was a concern my spouse has - where's the soft water.

And I appreciate your note about the dual hoses.

We have set up this RV to be an extended living facility. We lived in a retirement community with 398 other retirees. Since the coronavirus has become such a problem we decided to move out to our daughter's and s-in-law's ranchette. We have a nice open spot about a hundred yards back in the woods from their home so no one bothers the other.

No telling how long this will last but we think since this is such a wonderful RV and place to be that even when we are able to go back to our apartment we will most likely come out here frequently.

I say all that because I just want to tell you the simplicity of frequent hook ups is not something we need to think about.

Just got a note from another resident back home about a notice there about a confirmed case of coronavirus is true. Hope they are able to control it soon. There's one place in that city where 40% of the residents in a facility there have tested positive.

Just looked out and the grandson is mowing the grass!

danemayer

Tommy,

Our collection of owner-written user guides may be helpful to you. They're in this folder.

The Landmark 365 user guide has a lot of content that applies to Big Horn as well.

Flick

That was a concern my spouse has - where's the soft water.

And I appreciate your note about the dual hoses.

We have set up this RV to be an extended living facility. We lived in a retirement community with 398 other retirees. Since the coronavirus has become such a problem we decided to move out to our daughter's and s-in-law's ranchette. We have a nice open spot about a hundred yards back in the woods from their home so no one bothers the other.

No telling how long this will last but we think since this is such a wonderful RV and place to be that even when we are able to go back to our apartment we will most likely come out here frequently.

I say all that because I just want to tell you the simplicity of frequent hook ups is not something we need to think about.

Just got a note from another resident back home about a notice there about a confirmed case of coronavirus is true. Hope they are able to control it soon. There's one place in that city where 40% of the residents in a facility there have tested positive.

Just looked out and the grandson is mowing the grass!

Yes. Enjoy what you have. Sounds nice. Permanent or even short term longer stays demand a better arrangement for water hookup.
We’ve got the same circumstances in our home town with the Covid. Like a 170 cases and 120 are from 1 particularly nursing home. Needless to say, the CDC is now in control there.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, my dual filter system sits in a large tote under the kitchen slide all summer. I do put a wye on the pedestal so I can hook a long flex hose for washing the rig. We’re “summertimers” so the rig sits on the same site May through September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
What I did with my dual canister filter was permanently mount it inside the wet side of the UDC using a quick connect to the hose from the pedestal. Like others, I use a Y-adapter at the pedestal for a wash hose. It keeps the filters out of the weather.

NYSUPstater

Lots of good advice OP and I'd like to add them. At your docking station, you should have a door for "outside shower" w/ a small length of hose all of which is filtered water by any means you choose. You could disconnect that hose and add another longer hose and run it thru the hole to come out underneath the coach w/ other hoses, cable etc. And like it was said already, put a "X" way gang or Y at water hook up. I have a 4-way gang/Y and use 1 dedicated connector for water to coach and another for black tank hose (also dedicated). That leaves me 2 and I have attached a garden hose to one of the extras to wash nose of coach or other.

Tommy2

... you should have a door for "outside shower"...

This is what escapes me - I read where many others have said there is that feature on this trailer but search as I can, I cannot find it. The only hose bib looking thing I find is the drain for the fresh water tank.

Thank you for the response, Tommy2

danemayer

You probably have a Universal Docking Center like the one pictured. Near the top, there is a door that opens to 2 knobs and a quick connect fitting. You should have a coiled hose that has a matching quick connect fitting. That's the outside shower.

After using, be sure to turn both knobs OFF. If you leave them ON, you'll get lukewarm water from the hot water faucets.

UDC Water Heater Bypass.jpg

Attachments

• UDC wide w Water Filter.jpg
    UDC wide w Water Filter.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 11

Flick

This is what escapes me - I read where many others have said there is that feature on this trailer but search as I can, I cannot find it. The only hose bib looking thing I find is the drain for the fresh water tank.

Thank you for the response, Tommy2

Clearly your unit does not have an outside shower, because they are not difficult to find. But don’t feel bad. I personally don’t think they are used very much by anyone, or at least that is my take because we used our’s only once or twice for its intended purpose but now use the valve only to bleed pressure so we can turn the Anderson valve without damaging it. That doesn’t take away from the fact that it would have been nice for your unit to have it originally.
I would imagine that if you’re off grid, an outside shower may be valuable.
You can modify your inlet water source with a couple valves to get the same result using a rv mixing valve or similar. Also, the original valves put in by the rv folk don’t furnish enough water volume to allow you to do anything major other than showering.

Tommy2

You probably have a Universal Docking Center like the one pictured...

Well darn, there it is in the photo taken just now! Man do I feel ignorant, thank everyone for their paitence with this old guy. GeeWhizz, the learning curve on these RV things is steep.

One picture is worth a thousand words...

remoteshower.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly your...

"Clearly your" head doesn't have a perceptive brain... Found it after seeing a picture. Guess there is a quick disconnect there somewhere too.

Last edited:

NYSUPstater

Well darn, there it is in the photo taken just now! Man do I feel ignorant, thank everyone for their paitence with this old guy. GeeWhizz, the learning curve on these RV things is steep.

One picture is worth a thousand words...

- - - Updated - - -

"Clearly your" head doesn't have a perceptive brain... Found it after seeing a picture. Guess there is a quick disconnect there somewhere too.

Not enough coffee yet? LOL. Glad you found it.

danemayer

Yours looks like it doesn't have the quick connect. Perhaps the spray head unscrews though. You may also want to take down the rear wall of the pass through storage so you can see how the hose connects to the water lines. You may be able to make a modification that suits your needs.