Extremely Concerned

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
last week I sent an email to Scott at Heartland and got a very prompt answer. Yesterday I recieved a call from Chris from Heartland to check how things were going on the repairs to our 3055. Fractory customer service, yes!!!
Now to talk to the dealer today and jack them up. They have been good so far but there is one item that I will be discussing with them which they said was well in hand that Chris has no idea about.
Still liking our 3055

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I will have to agree with billd & randes comments. I wrote down every complaint I read on the forum and cornered several of the repair techs after looking at the Bighorns. The first thing they said was oh we know about those but the company has fix such and such already. They also said HeartLand was the easiest company to get warranty work approved and fixed by and they sell many different brands.
I know many of the first owners are having problems and I sure feel for you. I know I would be frustrated also, but I also feel Heartland is building a better product now. I have not had the major problems and have seen changes made to correct known issues.
I still can not believe Heartland reps respond to the forum. I for one like this ability, but I wonder how long this will last.
I guess enough rambling , I like my new trailer and dealer is excellent. Happy Travels--Ken

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We picked up our new 3055 mid Oct. and only managed 3 days and nights in it so far. During the night the outside temperature was dropping below freezing so the furnace got a good workout. We are really impressed so far but 3 days is hardly a test. Yes, a couple of things from the factory were not right, dented fender skirt on passenger side slide, vaccuum forgotten (not sure is factory or dealer responsible for this oversight) and the awing has a small tear at the top left hand seam.

I called the dealer the other day and the vaccuum is in but he was't aware of the fender problem (dealer communication) and the awning will be fixed when they are ready to call me in.

Deraler seems OK so far but time will tell, unfortunately we have to wait till spring to get a further test in.

Doug

osims

bsims
We bought our 3055 in late august and so far we love it. Have had a few problems and our dealer has parts ordered to take care of it. We just returned from a 16 day 2600 mile trip and on our way home we drove thru heavey rain, the carpet did get wet but i had read about problem others were having so i guess i kind of expected it. The dealer will install the D seal and all will be good. We had a keystone 5er before the horn and beleive me, they have there share of problems.

DJBirk

Vangoes
We took delivery of our 2006 ,3055 in May and the first time out was in a heavy downpour. The slides did leak but were repaired by the dealer according to Heartlands specifications. Also when the slides were in the closed position some outside light was noticed in the corners at the floor. This was also retrofitted with a factory repair through the dealer. All new units have new D seals and wider sweeps at the floor and come with corner blocks on the slides. My wife and I took a factory tour while we were passing through the Elhart Ind. area. We saw these fixes first hand and were told tha Heartland now has 6 Q.C. people on the preduction floor where before their was only one. Scott was there to greet us and we very impressed with the whole operation. I know Hearland has had startup and Q.C. problems, but I believe they are doing everything possible to improve their product and address customer satisfaction. No coach from any company will be troublefree. And if a saleman tells you theirs is, thats when you walk away from the deal.