Factory order- When to finance

Lawsoncb

Will be placing an order for a Bighorn 3670el in the next few weeks. When is financing done when you order or pick up?

I assume it will be done on pick up. I would like to get pre approved and shop around to get the best rate and see if the dealer can get a me a better rate deal. Also I would like to have an idea of the rate before ordering but it appears most pre-approval are good for 30-60 days.

SNOKING

We had a load for a month or so on our new trailer. We found that our Credit Union had the best rates. Dealer was able to direct write a load with the Alliant CU. We paid it off when the house closed. If you have a CU or access to one, check it out. Ask the dealer which financial firms they direct write loans for. Chris

MTPockets

Will be placing an order for a Bighorn 3670el in the next few weeks. When is financing done when you order or pick up?

I assume it will be done on pick up. I would like to get pre approved and shop around to get the best rate and see if the dealer can get a me a better rate deal. Also I would like to have an idea of the rate before ordering but it appears most pre-approval are good for 30-60 days.
. When we factory ordered, we paid a $2,000 deposit when placing the final order, then closed upon delivery.

BusManRG

. When we factory ordered, we paid a $2,000 deposit when placing the final order, then closed upon delivery.
We prequalified with the dealer for financing, then we used the wait time to continue to look on our own for better options. We locked in our rate at the time we placed out order. They ran the credit again once the unit arrived. We were never able to find anything better than what we arranged with the dealer and by the time the unit arrived, rates had crept up slightly, but the lock we had on our unit was still good even though it had been over 60 days. The banks and credit unions made it clear that RV's are considered "toys" and they finance accordingly. Like the others mentioned, we also left a deposit with the dealer at the time we placed our order.