Fall 2009 Rally CG Selection

Which (if any) of these appeal to you for Fall 2009 Rally?

• Virginia Beach, VA

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Gettysburg, PA

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Lake Norman, NC

• Hershey/Lancaster, PA

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Outer Banks, NC

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Harpers Ferry, WV

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Asheville (Biltmore), NC

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Cincoteague/Assateague

• Gatlinburg, TN

• Other (specifiy, in forum I guess)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I like the idea of an inland campground rather than beach for a fall trip.
We are new to the club and will consider any location.

Mike & Ann Walker

Hudson

Announcement coming

Okay, the dates and the campground for the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally are pretty much set. I am getting the details nailed down now and am making final negotiations with the selected campground.

Expect an announcement this evening with dates, location, price, etc. once I have locked in the contract. I can already say this will be the most exciting rally I've ever planned ;)

This time it will be up to each camper to call the campground directly to book their site within the group's block and to make a deposit.

Hudson

Fall 2009 rally announcement

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE IN A NEW THREAD CALLED Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally PLEASE RESPOND TO THAT THREAD INSTEAD OF RESPONDING IN THIS THREAD. (I LEFT THIS POST IN THIS THREAD FOR THE TIME BEING ON PURPOSE SO DON'T DELETE IT PLEASE JIM)

Camp Hatteras Campground, Rodanthe, NC​

September 25-27, 2009​

Yes folks, by popular demand we will be having our Fall Rally in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This is after the close of their peak season so although some places might be closed, the rest of the island is ours. :D

The days should be cool enough that we can leave our windows open and our air conditioners off, and the nights won't be so cool that we'll need heat. The typical high temps that time of year are around 79 and the typical low temp is around 66 degrees.

We will be on the waterfront (on the sound side) and just a short walk across the street to the ocean beaches. The meeting hall is ours for the weekend and is close to our campsites.

THE IMPORTANT DETAILS

• The cost is $45 per night plus tax (which is a great price for this place, even for off-season)
  • All rally sites have full hookups, picnic table, and full concrete pads
  • The rate is all inclusive for up to six (6) people per site, pets, cable TV, and WiFi Internet included
  • All rally sites are back-ins (the CG has pull-thru sites but they are smaller and away from the group)
  • Earlybird night is Thursday, September 24 for the same nightly rate
  • The web site for the campground is http://www.camphatteras.com
  • There is an indoor pool and indoor hot tub
TO BE A PART OF THIS EVENT

• Call Camp Hatteras at (252) 987-2777
  • You must speak to Merrin (she is the rally coordinator)
  • Merrin only works Saturday through Wednesday (no Thursdays or Fridays) and tonight only she will be there until 9:00pm to take your reservation/deposit
  • Tell Merrin you are with the "Heartland Virginia" rally
  • Post your site number in the thread Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally once you've booked
IMPORTANT RULES & REGULATIONS

• Fireworks and open fires are illegal (firepits or chimineas with four legs and full screen covers are allowed)
  • Golf carts are welcome but ATVs, minibikes, motorized scooters are not
  • Check in is 2:00pm and check out is 11:00am
  • Full rules & regs are posted on their website
EARLY BOOKING BONUS
There are a limited number of waterfront sites available to our group. These are available for this rally on a first come first served basis at no extra charge. All the rally sites are near the water, but these premium sites are right on the water. If you have a huge back window, it will look out over Pamlico Sound and you will see a spectacular sunset (weather permitting). I probably won't get an email announcement of this rally out until later tonight after Merrin has gone home and since she won't be back into the office until Saturday, that means forum readers can jump on those sites tonight!​

Activities and further details will be posted here as they become available​

Last edited: