Faucet replacement question

yport

Planning on changing out the kitchen pull down sprayer faucet assembly. Is it correct to assume that the plumbing fixtures in our RVs (Big Horn here) are all standard fittings and I can purchase one from Home Depot / Lowes and install without an issue?

Thanks

danemayer

You may or may not need adapters to connect to the PEX fittings. Some people haven't needed them. I did.

Take a picture of your current connections with your phone. If you can manage it, hold a quarter up to the fitting for a size reference. When you find a faucet you like, you'll need to open the box to see if the fittings will match. If not, they'll have adapters.

MTPockets

I replaced mine and needed some adapters.. I also had to enlarge the hole size through the counter top in order for the faucet I purchased to fit. I used a hole saw Home Depot suggested for grinding thru our counter top.

justafordguy

I've replaced almost all of the faucets in my Gateway and haven't needed any adapters yet. I guess it just depends on what Heartland was using at the time it was made.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Also check the number of holes needed for a new faucet. Some use 1, 2, and 3 holes depending on the style. Your countertop may or may not have the right configuration of holes.

Our ElkRidge only had 2 holes (directly under the handles), and many replacements we looked at needed 3 (one more in the center.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk