FB3875 forward toilet burps

Georgia_Biker

We have a Big Horn FB3875 with the ½ bath option. We love the floor plan!For sometime I have noticed the toilet in the forward bedroom area will burp air when flushing. On occasion it will stop up but, I clear it easily with a plunger.I am not a plumber but, I think it may be something to do with venting properly.How can I check this system?

lynndiwagoner

When mine does this I know there is a problem. Probably a big TP pile in the tank, right under the drain pipe. Try getting a garden hose and run a bunch of water down the drain while watching the outlet. I bet you will see a bunch of TP come out.

Georgia_Biker

I put a quart of Spic & Span in the tank between campsites ( we are doing 23 stops over 4 months). I flushed immediately after setting up. I always back flush at least 2 - 3 times when getting ready to leave. I pretty much will flush until I get clean water.

I have a hookup that has a hose adapter to flush from the drain outlet - think that might help?

chrizg

If the toilet is burping when flushed it is cause it is venting(breathing) through the flush hole instead of the vent pipe that goes up to the roof. Usually this means the black tank is full and needs to be emptied.