Feedback requested on new Landmark full body paint scheme

rjr6150

Larry & Samantha
Does your new unit have the whisper air in the living room. This is something HL is coming out with on the new LM.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry & Samantha
Does your new unit have the whisper air in the living room. This is something HL is coming out with on the new LM.

HL is changing several things this December including the ducted return and I think warranties but this Mesa is an early model. We really struggled with whether we should order or buy off a lot. We decided that knowing excatley what we wanted it would be better to find it on the lot than take a chance and ordering only to find that the factory changed something. That meant that we probably missed out on a few tweeks but that is ok.

I've always admired full body paint on high-end motorcoaches. Dark, rich color combinations tastefully laid out always catch my eye. I've never liked all the flashy decals with swirls, mountain ranges, bears, cougars, etc used by every manufacturer of TT's and 5th wheels. Makes them look cheap and cartoonish.

I like the colors used on the full body paint Landmarks but not entirely sold on the flashiness of the design. If it was toned down and more in line with what is found on luxury coaches I think Heartland would be able to appeal to a larger audience. I would also use no more than 3 colors in a scheme and offer paint code options so that one of the main colors could match the tow vehicle. I'd pay extra for that.

-Lodge

FordMan1966

Just got home today from 2 weeks at Myrtle Beach Travel Park in Myrtle Beach, SC. I will have to say I had the sharpest looking 5th wheel in the Campground and I bet 25 people admired the 2013 Grand Canyon Chocolate Full Body Paint. I wiped on it a lot and several people said that if they had a rig that looked like that they would wipe on it as well.The only 2 rigs that were nicer were the 2 PREVOST.

lwmcguir

I think they look very nice however I wouldn't like the extra heat sink effect that would require more AC run time.

wildwolfproducts

102 the other day in ours. Cool as could be, But its going to be 110 this weekend. Sure glad I'm not going to be here to see how well the AC's does with the full body paint then.
Pete

Last edited:

AnnR

Love it WW! I've always wondered why most RVs are basically white? I'm usually wondering this as I'm washing the thing! Our TT is parked in the woods and I think it would like so much nicer in brown or tan...or even a nice really dark green.

porthole

Retired
Is the inside of the door painted on a full body? This very expensive 8 wheeled Newmar was across from us at Dover and everyday we noticed this bright white door.

Attachments

• D70_3013b.JPG
    D70_3013b.JPG
    453.9 KB · Views: 102

jbeletti

102 the other day in ours. Cook as could be, But its going to be 110 this weekend. Sure glad I'm not going to be here to see how well the AC's does with the full body paint then.
Pete

We plan to be in Nashville this weekend, no shade, 50 amp, 2 ACs and full-body paint. Could be ugly.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
As much as I like the new paint scheme, especially the chocolate, It just dawned on me as I was looking at the pictures on the post before. I thought someone really had an ephipany when they designed it, but now I know they were just looking at the weather channel from July thru Nov.:)

wildwolfproducts

Well 7 days in ours with full body paint. Everyone told it was the best looking camper there. Even better then some of those class A's costing $200,000. more. Even had 2 couples look ours over and told us they were thinking of swapping to one like this from there Big class A with less room.:cool:
Not sure but bet there was 25 or more that took the tour in the 7 days. Everyone of them but one loved it. That lady hated it, as it made her want to trade in there 2 month old Bird for a key Largo.:D

Pete