Fifth wheel hitch??

porthole

Retired
Interesting photos...it appears your hitch pin is centered on top of the axel as if you had no 'slider' at all.

Ends up I had a picture of the hitch when I was at Mor/Ryde.

Here the truck/trailer are 90 degrees. The hitch is back 14" (PullRite specs)

It is also my understanding that Heartland 5th wheel trailers are 96" inches wide except the Cyclones, they apparently are 101".

From the looks of m truck though, even the 96" trailer would not make 90 degrees.

Attachments

• Cyclone_ext_79.jpg
    Cyclone_ext_79.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 195

paulm235

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions and information. I ended purchasing a 14k Pullrite Superglide from Tweety's. I just felt that the peace of mind was important enough to spend the money on. I haven't taken it 90 degrees yet (almost this weekend) but know now I won't have to always be thinking about it. One thing I did find out is that on this rig (Sundance 305ES) there is a hitch box shroud that will hit the top edge of your tonneau cover rail when you get to about 60 degrees or so. It actually looks as though even if you didn't have the tonneau cover it would hit the bed on that angle. So I'll have to do a trim job on it so it will clear that rail.
In any case we love our new rig plus find it much easier to pull and back up than our TT. We plan to get in as many trip as we can before the MN winter sets in.
Thanks again everyone!