Fireplace Concerns

jbeletti

tuckandsue,

Please call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. They should be able to source the manual and get you a copy and be able to tell you if the unit can be operated without the remote.

Jim

Happy Campers

I'm having the opposite on our fireplace.It does blow warm air but it doesn't blow that hard and if i put my hand about 12" away i can't feel any air or heat.We used it over thanksgiving and i thought we were going to freeze.Without running the furnace for regular heat there wouldn't be any at all.What can i do or how do i take the front off or at least the top where the heating element is and see if the fan is turning slow ?.If this is all the heat it is designed to put out then how can i upgrade the fan and or the heating element?.
Thanks for all replys

jbeletti

Hi John and Pat,

While your unit may not be outputting what it should, just wanted to let you know that the fireplace is not designed for or intended to heat the trailer. It certainly can be supplemental however.

If you suspect that the unit is under-performing, my suggestion is that you contact your dealer and ask them to test it to the manufacturer's rated output. If it comes back as a fail, then the fireplace manufacturer should stand behind the warranty on it.

Jim

linuxkidd

Another tip.... If you have a ceiling fan in the Living room, set the direction so that it's sucking up in the toward the ceiling and turn in on to low or medium.. This will help push the hotter air that's close to the ceiling down along the walls and create a MUCH more consistent temperature in the room.

Granted.. if your fireplace fan isn't working.. this isn't going to fix it.. But, it helps when you do get it working.

LK

Jimmyt5

I posted this before about my heater.

The heat elements glow bright red and then the circuit breaker on the fireplace trips.
I think this is because the fan is not working.

Jim