Firestone Ride Rite

beardedone

Beardedone
I installed my own at home and it only took about 2 hours. This is the second truck that I have had them on. Both were "T"ed so that there was always equal pressure in each side. There seems to be a little dispute about that but I firmly believe that if one bag goes flat I want both down. I tow a Landmark so the heavy pin weight on the truck when a sudden loss on air on one side could (not necessarily, but could) cause a major problem. For instance going around curves or down hills and then going around curves. The user should consider how they drive, where they drive and the type of set up they have. If you are putting air bags on it is because you have a heavy pin weight and that impacts on stability in a lot of ways.

lwmcguir

I installed my own at home and it only took about 2 hours. This is the second truck that I have had them on. Both were "T"ed so that there was always equal pressure in each side. There seems to be a little dispute about that but I firmly believe that if one bag goes flat I want both down. I tow a Landmark so the heavy pin weight on the truck when a sudden loss on air on one side could (not necessarily, but could) cause a major problem. For instance going around curves or down hills and then going around curves. The user should consider how they drive, where they drive and the type of set up they have. If you are putting air bags on it is because you have a heavy pin weight and that impacts on stability in a lot of ways.

Well stated. Equalize the load via the trailer, not the TV.

Northern Virginia
...There seems to be a little dispute about that but I firmly believe that if one bag goes flat I want both down. I tow a Landmark so the heavy pin weight on the truck when a sudden loss on air on one side could (not necessarily, but could) cause a major problem. For instance going around curves or down hills and then going around curves. The user should consider how they drive, where they drive and the type of set up they have. If you are putting air bags on it is because you have a heavy pin weight and that impacts on stability in a lot of ways.

That is exactly the way I see it too. Last summer when I melted an air line to one air bag, because I had them tee'd together, I didn't even notice that I had lost both my air bags until the next day. If only one bag went flat, my set up would have been a lot less stable.