First 5th wheel decisions

Okay. The DW and I have pretty much settled on Heartland. We were originally looking at bighorn or landmark, but are now wondering is that's too much RV for non full-time use. I won't be retiring for 10 years or so, and with us both working, we will get use sparingly, a few long week ends a year with a couple longer excursions from time to time. Also, we are now looking at the toy haulers as a viable option. We don't have toys, apart from a couple of leisure 7speed townies, but we are looking at the garage and ramp as more of a screened in porch with an outside deck. So two questions, would a less than full-time rated 5th wheel be more suitable for infrequent use? And does anyone use the toy hauler for more of a patio for lounging outside the RV? Thanks ... And cheers.

MTPockets

As the replies will all be opinions; mine is that you should choose the one that you will feel most comfortable with: living accommodation, price, comfort, goal. We are full time and have no regrets with our Big Horn, but may consider later a toy hauler as there is some potential to want a 4 wheel ATV. But, we would want it to have living area like our Big Horn; not the big sofa, but recliners with straight across TV viewing, regular dining table, etc. Go see various models, sit in them, imagine how you would use it... bottom line, after collecting opinions, settle on best for you.

Miltp920

We started in a 5er where the recliners were in the back and TV was way up against wall by steps up to bed-bath. Not my favorite layout. Second 5er Montana NICE was recliners and sofa in back aimed at TV-fireplace typical rear living- my favorite. Current 3100 toyhauler has long couch aimed at TV but kitchen and living area share same space. On paper, the Cyclone 4000 looks like my dream rig, but Id have to buy a 1 ton truck too. With kids the toyhauler is a bunkhouse in the garage! Kids sleep at opposite end of 5er. But maybe TV is not a priority for you. We like our TV. Toyhauler has TV mount for kids in garage. Shut slider, they watch kids shows, you watch Pickers, or pawn stars! Kids grow up and quit camping, put toys in garage! Have you seen the new Polaris Razor1000?