First time owners! 2009 NT 31QBS

Hello all!

Ben here! Happy husband and father of 3 little ones and my wife and I wanted something to connect better with the kiddos and get their faces out of iPods.

we picked up our "new to us" 2009 heartland north trail 31qbs and have our first trip coming up in 2 weeks.

Any tips you can provide? Mind you, never RV'd or camped a day in my life but have pulled trailers before so that part I have covered.

danemayer

Hi blessing85,

Congratulations on the new-to-you North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

If this is your first outing, you may find you have questions, so don't hesitate to ask. Sometimes it's only a few minutes to get answers.

Also, let me point you to some user guides that may be helpful. You may want to flip through the Water Systems Guide before you actually have to use your water and sewer connections. There's also a Heating and Cooling Guide that could be helpful.

Oh yes. First thing I did was start digging through these....and making a checklist because God knows I'll forgot to hook, shut, or close something.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Congratulations!! Get to know tour rig inside and out. Do not be afraid to ask questions, read the forums and enjoy your new toy!!

Thanks everyone. We purchased it yesterday but pick it up this coming week. We have to have a few things added to our tow rig prior to pulling it. I'm not excited about what we are using but it will pull it and it's the best we have for now - 2009 suburban LTZ with the towing package.

We have a 31QBS and love it!

There is only one problem that is perplexing... When we unhook from a campsite and start driving, some water flows on the floor from under the kitchen sink/counter/refrigerator area. It's as if there some water collecting somewhere and when we drive and are not perfectly level, the water flows across the floor.

A couple of towels on the floor collects it easily, and then there is no more water flowing.

Any ideas? We have absolutely no leaking when using the camper for several days in a row (always at full hook up site).

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We have a 31QBS and love it!

There is only one problem that is perplexing... When we unhook from a campsite and start driving, some water flows on the floor from under the kitchen sink/counter/refrigerator area. It's as if there some water collecting somewhere and when we drive and are not perfectly level, the water flows across the floor. A couple of towels on the floor collects it easily, and then there is no more water flowing.

Any ideas? We have absolutely no leaking when using the camper for several days in a row (always at full hook up site).

The first thing that comes to mind is a blocked drain for the rear fins on your refrigerator. As the fins condensate, I believe it drips into a tray in the rear. The drain for that tray should be a tube of some sort and it should drain out the outside wall behind the fridge. I would guess that then as you go down the road this water sloshes out of the tray and onto the floor.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
"Camp" a few times in your yard or a nearby campground and test it as you would camping. You may find a few things that you may want or take away. It will make things easier when your close by rather than many miles away and forgot something.